2024 European Championship Qualification Predictions > Jun 16th - 20th

euro2024a.jpg

euro2024b.jpg

euro2024c.jpg

The next round of matches for the 2024 European Championship qualifiers are coming up over the next week. We will have a much better idea about who is looking well-set to qualify for the major tournament next summer. We are keen to hear your thoughts on the winners you're backing in this window. Keep an eye out for @Fader's preview of the Malta vs England game as well. :ok

My preview of tomorrow's England / Malta match - https://www.punterslounge.com/football-news/malta-vs-england-tips-16-06-23/

I've had a small bet on England to win 3-0 in this one. Malta, despite being minnows, tends to not get thrashed a lot. I still can't see Malta scoring though. The other bet that I've gone for and one that I like more is Over 1.5 goals in the first half and England to be leading. I think they'll grab a couple of goals in the first half and then another in the 2nd half. Good luck all. 

5.5pts England to lead at HT and Over 1.5 goals 10/11 Bet365
2pts England to win 3-0 9/2 Bet365

Saka 23/20 to score looks about big enough to back. Done England to win/score >2 goals/Kane assist at 3.18 as my Bet Builder.

Sold Kane goal minutes at 74 and Trent A-A assist minutes at 38 so hopefully neither has too great or long a game! :eyes

Also had a small bet on Hills' boosted 6/1 for Maddison to assist and have 2+ SoT

Assists generally a mug market (in terms of backing) but seem more generous than the scorer prices tonight.

22 hours ago, Fader said:

My preview of tomorrow's England / Malta match - https://www.punterslounge.com/football-news/malta-vs-england-tips-16-06-23/

I've had a small bet on England to win 3-0 in this one. Malta, despite being minnows, tends to not get thrashed a lot. I still can't see Malta scoring though. The other bet that I've gone for and one that I like more is Over 1.5 goals in the first half and England to be leading. I think they'll grab a couple of goals in the first half and then another in the 2nd half. Good luck all. 

5.5pts England to lead at HT and Over 1.5 goals 10/11 Bet365
2pts England to win 3-0 9/2 Bet365

Well, the main bet is won but thanks to that penalty, it's now 3-0 at HT and there is no way that it finishes 3-0 :D 

1 hour ago, Fader said:

Well, the main bet is won but thanks to that penalty, it's now 3-0 at HT and there is no way that it finishes 3-0 :D 

Perhaps unlucky in the end. Wipeout on the fixed odds front for me but a profit of 81 x stake on the spread bets. Rare for me to watch a game I’ve had a sell in, not comfortable when a player gets the full 90. That said, I don’t think there was a single assist credited in that game, with 2 pens, an o.g. and the ball coming off a defender for the A-A goal.

Haaland drifted to 23/20 with Hills before being trimmed to 11/10 and now 21/20. Taken 2.16 on the exchange. Would have been a system bet but for being below the minimum odds of 2.3 but his strike rate when starting for Norway is good enough for me to think he should be closer to even money to score against Scotland.

His goal minutes have also steadily edged upwards with the spread firms since the "opening show".

:ok Haaland scores and Scotland get their act together in time to land the Bet Builder posted in the 365 thread.

On Lukaku at 2.52 (6/4 with PP) as a system bet.

I've sold a couple of player's assist minutes, Fernandes for Portugal at 22 and Cerny for the Czech Rep at 21. I don't know much about the latter player but I have a vague recollection of him driving a particularly speedy milk delivery vehicle! :loon

Just matched on Bruno to score at 3.5 (a "B" system bet) so hopefully he's got his shooting boots on rather than his assisting ones.

Goals for Lukaku and Fernandes make it a decent day yesterday. Shame about the Bruno assist for the 1st Portugal goal but the loss was all but covered by the profit from Cerny not getting an assist.

Both Bruno and Cerny scored braces yesterday. There's something oddly satisfying about players scoring when you've sold their assist minutes; it's the immediate knowledge that you don't have to worry about them having registered an assist. For the same reason I often take undue delight in seeing that a goal was a penalty or an own goal!

Selling player assist minutes is now my most profitable market (based on average profit per bet) and is closing in on 1000 bets placed, all starting from a paper trade thread on here that made 2101 points profit from 402 bets. The significant amount of money I lost tying to back players to get an assist (over 500 points) was worth it by way of learning a lesson.