Racing chat Thursday 23rd February 2023

jonjo

A Class 3 Handicap should be well within the range of Hickory on the all weather at Southwell tomorrow, 3.35 race. A winner of all three of his starts to date and quite impressively too, especially so his most recent win over this distance at Kempton 71 days ago. He wont that day by less than a length but his win was a very cosy one and could have been further if needed. Giving a stone to a 73 rated horse that day and the manner of the victory says to me that he is still ahead of the handicpper of his new mark of 87. Couple his form along with the stable form of Fanshawe, 4 winners form his last 7 runers and the current price of 7/4 at the books or 3.1 on the exchanges looks very fair to me.............poor effort, finished fourth.

Good luck tomorrow everyone.

Edited by jonjo

Southwell.

Single.

3.35. Zip      10/1       11/1         1st 

stk 5    rtn    55.00

Double.

1.40. Hunt. Great Heart'jac   15/8    2nd 

1.50. South. Like a Lion        9/4        unpl

singles & double

stk 6.00    rtn 30.00

Good luck all.

Edited by kensland

Just finished coral trophy Saturday at kemp 

Annsam    8.8 5/1 

Bobhopenohope   8.4  25/1 

Frodon   8.0 

Saint Calvados   7.8 

Annsam won here at kemp lto and that looked like a horse ahead of the hcapper ..bobhope is better than bare form suggests ....bookies have him overpriced so goid value ew ....frodon is a class horse ...always dangerous but I have a feeling he's best on fast ground and saint calvados this trip is at the extreme of his staying ....Good opportunity for annsam to take a big prize...I'll go 

10pt win annsam   5/1 will hill (don't think that price will last long ...I expect 7/2 sp 

Bob hope no hope 5pt ew 25/1 

Totally agree with @jonjo summary about Hickory above so i need not elaborate further i will be very suspicious and scratching my head if it gets beat (335 Southwell). The other interesting race for me today is the 515 at Southwell, Hooflepuff to these eyes was a non trier last time out so that could pop in at 25/1 but the one i am interested in is the ex Alan King trained Chicago Gal now trained by the Easterby's this animal ran well on the jumps LTO just losing out to Shared who went in again (jumps) yesterday. Chicago Gal was doing its best work at the end of that race and this switch back to the flat where it is still a maiden looks a shrewd move (some reasonable form) the 20/1 is a good price. Singles and the double with Hickory is my play for today.

Scratching my head and very suspicious. But that's crap grade racing for you.

Well that one went a bit pear shaped although Chicago Gal ran ok and needs a look on its next few runs.

Edited by Zilzalian

6.00 Newc - Miss Britain, 6/1 bet365

Fillies handicap over the straight 7 furlongs

I like a horse that gets further on a straight track and Miss Britain has won over a mile, won a class 3 three runs ago and is in class 5 today and only 1lb higher

I think Piffle is the main danger but is half the odds and hasn't got form over a longer trip so I can see my selection outstaying her in the finish

2 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

Totally agree with @jonjo summary about Hickory above so i need not elaborate further i will be very suspicious and scratching my head if it gets beat (335 Southwell). The other interesting race for me today is the 515 at Southwell, Hooflepuff to these eyes was a non trier last time out so that could pop in at 25/1 but the one i am interested in is the ex Alan King trained Chicago Gal now trained by the Easterby's this animal ran well on the jumps LTO just losing out to Shared who went in again (jumps) yesterday. Chicago Gal was doing its best work at the end of that race and this switch back to the flat where it is still a maiden looks a shrewd move (some reasonable form) the 20/1 is a good price. Singles and the double with Hickory is my play for today.

Scratching my head and very suspicious. But that's crap grade racing for you.

Had good day so far at Southwell today should have done a 15 only small stakes

CB855FB2-A435-46E4-BF43-4E08E6A25687.png