Racing Chat-Monday 23rd January.

Having a very, very speculative bet, all Billy Loughnane rides.

4'20. Hit Mac      1/1      unpl

4.55. Well Prepared    11/4      1st 

5.30. Renesmee          11/4      3rd

6.00. Densetsu             5/2       1st 

6.30. Rebel Angel        3/1        1st 

7'00. Dubai Immo        9/4         unpl

stk. £4.20        rtn    £ 1,681.55

Good luck all.

Edited by kensland

DUBAI IMMO

Looks a standout bet in the 7pm at wolves tonight.

Form 

232-2446276232-2

Hugh Taylor has ensured his selection of one step beyond will take a huge chunk out of the book and that is great news.

With Billy Loughnane's half stone claim, this near top weight can finally get home.

The several near misses and regular "bf " by his name means he won't be many's cup of tea, but close up second to Glam Puss followed by yet another second to the progressive Free Solo, puts him right in the van. Given that well behind that first day were now then Wendy, Heretic and a subsequent recent runner up, the form is very strong. Southwold back in third had just beaten subsequent 100/1 winner Endofastorm too. The third home in free solo's race was fourth behind Super Den on Saturday.

One step beyond went for home early last time and drops in trip here, the move was well covered by Smith the progressive winner who got home by two lengths and given Billy rode smith on Saturday he'll have any move by his rival covered, as he clearly researches his races thoroughly.

A lot of research for a 7/2 shot in a pretty tough contest!!

Edited by sporting sam

As always in Novices races the betting closer to the off will be a good guide for us but without that all we have is the form to go on. The fav here, in the 5.30 at Wolverhampton, is odds on at 10/11 at the moment, she was running on well last time on her handicap debut and being by Kingsman will appreciate this extra furlong, her rating of 75 looks fair as nothing has come out of that race with any credit. The one I'm going for however is the current second favourite Renesmee making her handicap debut for Kevin Phillipart De Foy, she ran well in a good Novices race at Ascot last time, obviously she is not straight forward as she wore a hood to the post that day, during the race however she was just touched off in the closing stages to finish third. The winner from that race went on to win again under a penalty, the second was runner up again next time up and the third home that day came out and won a Class 4 Handicap from a mark of 80. I realise that my selection was getting weight from those around her that day but I've marked her down as a rating of at least 75 (the same as todays favourite) but we then have the advantage of Billy Loughnanes 7lb claim, and its that which sways me to the second favourite, on form its hard to split them on what they have shown thus far, therefore at the odds, its Renesmee, w&p I've got some at 4.2 and some at 3.7, seems fair to me............the money spoke near the off, the fav won nicely and mine got the place, poor price.

As always I'll having an in running lay off bet in place.

Good luck today everyone whatever you are on.

Edited by jonjo

Trixie today

3.10 Sou Mukha Magic 7/1

3.30 Ffos Rocky Man 7/4

3.40 Sou Court Of Session 7/2 (My nap but has to bounce back)

1 x 0.50 win Trixie = 2 pts  Poss return of 84.69

-----------------------------------------------------------

Singles bets

3.30 Ffos No Tackle 0.50 win at 12/1

3.40 Sou Counsel 0.50 win at 12/1

Total stakes = 3 points

--------------------------------

No Lay bets today.  I did lay Hit Mac in the 4.20 at Wolves last night at 2.28 but cashed out for 0.48 pts earlier.  Couldn't resist a guaranteed profit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.40 Sou Court Of Session 1 pt win at 5.2

Total stakes now 4 points

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

No luck today so - 4 pts = MTD -12.26

When I saw the effort that Court Of Session had to put in to get across and lead I guessed it wouldn't win

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

10 minutes ago, calva decoy said:

This 16 year old Billy Loughnane is some boy , winning for fun atm , wonder if we'll be saying the same in a few years time minus the claim .

He is a very tall lad he will have same probs as Joseph O'brien, think he will struggle the older he gets and sooner than he thinks that's on top of losing his allowance. might see him a cheltenham one day ?