Racing Chat - Friday 2nd December

5yo selections. The wheels have come off this a bit but I will plod on (like some of my horses!)

Lucky 15 in bold

COURSE TIME  SELECTION ODDS 
Exeter 12.15 City Chief 2.00
Sedgefield 1.35 Son Of Oz 33.00
Sedgefield 2.10 Shir I Dont Know 40.00
Sandown 2.55 Corrigeen Rock 2.25
Newcastle 6.15 Ballyare 20.00
Dundalk 6.30 Bronze River 20.00
Dundalk 7.00 Diamondsinthesand 9.00

2.55 Sandown High Up In the Air 20/1. Pulled up last twice in pretty hot races Grade 3 and class 2 over 2.5. Before that weakened over 2.4 in a listed race. Drops down to 2m today which suits and also big drop in class in this class 3 which he’s 2/2 and running off 120 if you included Niall Houlihans 3Ibs claim. He’s won off 126 over CD before . Risks involved but offers a lot of value, 5/9 over fences. 

Price is now 16/1 from 20/1 last night, my apologies .

2.35 Exeter Alnadam 13/2. Like one or two others in this race, this is a drop down in class . Skeltons are flying .

5 points win each

Edited by Villa Chris
Taking out bet

Race of the day for me is the Ballymore Winter Novices Hurdle at Sandown at 2.20. The Nicholls horse Henry The Second was second to Chianti Classico who looked superb when winning at Market Rasen yesterday beating a supposed hotpot of Henderson (for interest I put the Henderson write up on here yesterday) any improvement would see him go very close but I'm backing the Donald McCain rapid improver Maximilian, had he been in the Nicholls yard I'm sure he would be made favourite here, as it stands he is behind the Nicholls horse and trading at a drifting 3.95. Maximilian gave 6lb and a 10 length beating to a horse rated 140 last time out, that piece of form sets the standard and despite coming back three furlongs is the one to beat.......first and second but got them the wrong way round ? with Henry The Second victorious having been well backed....

2.45 Sedgefield Baron De Middleton has run well off higher marks in the past and his 7lb penalty for winning at Newcastle recently is offset by the 7lb claim of the jockey, the yard is in fair form with three winners from their last 12 runners, at 3.1 on the exchanges is a bet for me.......second place

In the 3.03 at Newcastle Perfect Swiss is down in class and looks ready to strike on his third run of the season. Now 5lb below his last winning mark having been dropped another 1lb for finishing 3rd over course and distance last time out, he is now 10lb below his last all weather winning mark of 75, currently around the 4.5 mark, win and place its an Easterby horse so the betting closer to the off will tel us more. Ron O is the danger so another bet on this one....................................Ron O powered home for an easy win here, was glad of the 8.6 for this one, Perfect Swiss never recovered from a slow start but still rallied to finish third. 

The 5.15 at Newcastle is competitive, I'm in for Walking On Clouds to win and place (4tbp), around the 7.6 mark right now. Hi is a 1lb below his last winning mark and made a brave attempt on his very first run on the all weather over this course and distance to suggest that he can go close here......I'm loathe to criticise jockeys but he tucked this one in at the rear in a 7 furlong race then had to switch 2 out and finished like a train to no avail, just missed out on that fourth place by a short head ?

5.00 Dundalk, only once out of the first three in his last 12 runs at Dundalk and never ever out of the first two in 6 runs at the minimum distance says that Collective Power will run well today, second last time out over a furlong longer, the winner has gone in again and trading at 4 was to good to miss and will take a price in the 2Tbp market nearer the off.........I got 2.18 in the 2Tbp market, finished second so have to be grateful for that.

Best of luck today everyone.

Edited by jonjo

Couldn’t cash out my Alnadam bet but I’ve cashed out Tommie Beau and it’s the last time I’ll ever bother with Exeter again. The last 3 times I’ve bothered with Exeter races  have been ruined by omitted fences/hurdles . 4 fences omitted in last race and jump horses having to run half a mile without jumping . Beyond ridiculous at Exeter . 

Edited by Villa Chris

25 minutes ago, Villa Chris said:

Couldn’t cash out my Alnadam bet but I’ve cashed out Tommie Beau and it’s the last time I’ll ever bother with Exeter again. The last 3 times I’ve bothered with Exeter races  have been ruined by omitted fences/hurdles . 4 fences omitted in last race and jump horses having to run half a mile without jumping . Beyond ridiculous at Exeter . 

For some reason they are jumping all the fences now  in the race currently running. Too late now already cashed out so sod em’  . You watch him romp home now ?