** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Racing Chat - Tuesday 16th August.

A difficult day and I can't see any multiple bet worthwhile

3.00 Km King Cabo 0.60 win at 15/2.  This is a CD winner that is running well.  Alooqaal PLTR + Timeform and RPR, up in class and up 5lbs.  Moon Island has to bounce back from a bad run but will more likely will run better on the All Weather

3.30 Km Wild Lion 1 pt win at 9/2. Has ran well on the AW but that was Tapeta.  Out From Under has AW debut and sire has a 20% S/R so should be OK .  EL Bello @Quartu SEew Nap and  Flame Of Freedom is @Gary66and @LEE-GRAYSew selection so take your pick

4.00 Km Willem Twee up 6lbs PLTR selection but the bookies have smashed its price into 4/6 which is no good for me.  Wonder Of ELzaam is @silver fox's Nap ew at 12/1 but 7/1 looks a bit skinny now.  Airshow is @Ferkiew nap selection.  You can still get 16/1 for this but the horse has to overcome a bad draw.  I will pass on this race  

3.15 Ham Ballyconeely Bay 1 pt win at 5.0 (Julie Camacho does well here) and Kats Bob 0.60 win at 13/2 (running very well and foolish to leave out) The favourite is Marks Choice. this is @Budgie's nap and PLTR.  I'm not really sure if the going has changed to soft but I don't think that will help the horse's cause if it has.  I don't like its form figures either

4.45 Ham Wilkins 0.25 win at 9/2, Yasser 0.3 win at 11/1, Tilsit 0.30 win at 18/1 and Crowenthorpe 0.15 win at 22/1 = 1 pt in total. This is just a 1 pt fun bet. Glam De Vega (PLNap) has been smashed into to 4/5.  I will let it win at that price

6.55 Chelm Open Mind 1 pt win at 4.7 (my PL Nap). The big 3 go for this and I can see no reason why it shouldn't run well.  All the rages is Aphelios which has been backed into a best price of 6/5.  I have read that the shrewd trainer Mick Appleby bought it on the 8th August and I guess that is why it is so popular.  I do have to question why he sent it to Chelmsford which is a left-hand track when the beast hung right in one of its earlier races at Nottingham.

7.30 Chelm Daiquiri (reminds me of a lovely cocktail drink) Hollie Doyle aboard 0.60 win at 15/2 and Cappoquin (Sir Mark Prescott's horse) 0.30 win at 12/1.  The two at the front end of the market Haraar is up in class and 5 lbs.  It ran well over half a furlong shorter recently so there is no reason why it should not do so again.  Sooghara has not run over this distance so I think it may be worthwhile taking on the front two

7.45 Wolv Titanium Moon 0.60 win at 9/1.  The horse is running well and David Loughnane likes sending horses here.  @Zilzalian naps Rozalia; it has drifted in the betting but 12 furlongs looks to be its best distance rather than the 1m 6f where it ran badly at Newmarket.  The two at the front end of the market don't seem to be anything special so I have opposed them.

Total stakes today are 6.70

Good luck to all having a punt

RESULTS UPDATE

Just 1 winner and a non-runner so a small loss of 1.76 pts.  My Nap bet let me down badly.  Typical Big 3 type selection.  MTD - 37.59 & YTD - 239.77

Start of the York Ebor festival tomorrow.  Let's hope that the rain stays away

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

All our experts are doing their best to find us a winning angle.

As I am 100%/useless on the Tapeta tracks at the moment. I am switching to the hopefully reliable Kempton (is it Tapeta?) Anyway. Wonder Elzaam ew  4.00 and on the turf where I did nicely yesterday. 5 winners 1 second and alas an unplaced.

3.15 Surprise Picture ew

4.45 Empirestateofmind ew

5.20 Haven Lady.win