Double up

aldric

12 minutes ago, alexcaruso808 said:

That’s the biggest odds I have seen anyone winnng at on this forum.  

:) To be fair, it's the odds of 8 consecutive even money shots landing and I quoted it as an illustration of how often you're likely to see a run of double ups like that. Obviously what actually happened was more akin to 8 consecutive even money singles than a winning 8 fold. (Impressive as that is.)

There was a 250/1 winner in the racing naps comp last month I think. Oh, and I somehow found 10 consecutive winning anytime system bets once that would've probably paid closer to 10,000/1 had anyone been crazy enough to do them as an acca!

14 minutes ago, JdsGooner90 said:

You have had 2 bets on unders and both have caused mini stress :lol exactly why I hate unders personally , much rather hope for goals then wish for none. 

Not an unreasonable perspective but it illustrates the point about why you're more likely to get value betting the "dreaded" unders than the "popular" overs; most people have the same instinctive view.

One answer is don't watch or follow any of the events you bet on; just check the results after the event. Takes all the stress out of the bet. But depends how you view the fun angle of your bets. I tend to do a bit of both (keep an eye on the bets in play while I'm looking at later games but just leave them to play out when I'm doing something else).

4 minutes ago, aldric said:

I dont know what to say.  Not watching might have been less stressful but I do like watching most of my bets.

Last kick of the ball made it 5-2 for another loss.

?

Gutting mate, freaky allocation of luck as well, from feast to the veritable cow's arse/banjo conundrum. 

I guess it feels worse to have a bet bust by a last gasp 7th goal like that than to have an >0.5 go down thanks to the woodwork being hit for the 7th time at the death. Watching in dread v watching in hope I guess. But all the same when we tot up the P/L.

Yep, it waa completely outrageous luck to have so many successful bets in a row there had to be a downturn.  Just wasn't expecting it to be quite this brutal!

Definitely a psychological side to betting, I felt he was going to score from that free kick the way things have gone the last couple of days.

7 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Definitely better to "put some fat on for winter" first though than to hit the bad patch first. I'm sure you can resume normal service soon (by which I mean beating that 50% benchmark rather than knocking every single attempt out of the park).

Absolutely,  that crazy run gave me a nice buff3r ?

Odds on getting 1.01 busted 2 bets in a row? ?