** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

US Open

Shane Lowry 28/1        8 places bet365   Ultra consistent this season 4 top 10s and 8 Top 25s including 10th last week.  

Justin Thomas 12/1   9 places hills     His form line is 5-1-MC-3. Has been in the top 10 in 2 previous US opens

Patrick Cantlay 25/1  9 places hills     Doesn't have the best Major record however this week could change as this course will probably suit him with the small greens and he is in fine form. 

Sam Burns 30/1           9 places hills      A man in form, 4 wins in the last 13 months and 4th last week. 

Sung-Jae Im   35/1     10 places skybet   Looks like he has improved this season and probably suited by the tough conditions here.

Max Homa 40/1             8 places 888sport   An outsider in fine form this season and improving worth a bet at this price.

Good Luck

Done my best to keep my Fantasy Golf squad as simple as possible this week. Generally looking at players in the top 20 World rankings who have decent Strokes gained approach and/or Off The Tee stats. And therefore I've gone with:

Jon Rahm

Cameron Young

Cameron Smith

Will Zalatoris

Rory McIlroy

Sam Burns

Best of luck to all.

not very original but I am going with the following :

3pts Thomas 14/1 single bet WillHill
---------------------------------------------------
1.5pts e/w Xander 22/1 bet365 (8 places)
1.5pts e/w Lowry 28/1 bet365 (8 places)
1pt e/w Homa 33/1 paddypower (10 places)
---------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w D.Riley 75/1 bet365 (8 places)
0.5pts e/w R.Fox 125/1 betfair (12 places)

1st round leader bets
0.5pts e/w Rory 20/1 bet365 (5 places 1/4)
0.5pts e/w Cantlay 35/1 bet365 (5 places 1/4)
0.5pts e/w B.Horschel 50/1 bet365 (5 places 1/4)

All free bets apart from burns ew

Dad has went all. Wins on

Burns, hovland, zalatoris and homa. 

Ive went Thomas, morikawa and scheffler all wins. 

Burns each way with rose, horschel and speith. Will need to look out places, different bookies so different places. 

Good luck all. 

Edited by fd1972uk

After two day's play. Collin Morikawa going best on here for @fd1972uk so fingers crossed he can keep up the excellent form going forwards.

I don't want to put the mockers on him, though I do find Morikawa a very in and out player, especially in regards to his putting, the good thing is when he is 'in' he is a very formidable player. In fact, just thinking out aloud he is following a similar form line to Brooks Koepka a few years ago in that when the Majors and big events turn up, Mr Morikawa generally ups his game to the occasion.

Plenty of other quality players in contention, Scheffler, Rahm, McIlroy, Burns to name a few mentioned on here.

Surprised missed cuts for me have to be Cameron Smith and Viktor Hovland. Two top quality players who missed it by quite a few shots. I can forgive Cameron Young from my squad more so as he just missed the cut by a shot and is still only in his first season playing at the very top level.

Anyway, less of my ramblings lol. Let's see how the action all continues to play out.

Edited by MinellaWorksop
spelling

On 6/15/2022 at 7:02 PM, harry_rag said:

Gone with three FP sells, Lowry at 33, Conners at 37 and Fleetwood at 42.

Small win bets on each at 34, 65 and 90.

What a shocker, all 3 miss the cut for the maximum loss of 98 x stake on the sells.

That's me done with golf bets, I've found my tipping point as Ben Shephard might say!

The leaderboard can change so quickly in the game of golf!

Morikawa now tailed off.

Zalatoris, Scheffler and Burns the best chances of our guys on here.

Unlucky @harry_rag  , sod's law that out of your shortlist Schauffele and Niemann made the cut and the others didn't. Have to feel for you there mate.

I have three Final day 'Two Ball Ties' all with Bet365 and all at a price of 8.50 (15/2) each:

5:39, Patrick Rodgers vs Collin Morikawa

6:12, Sebastian Munoz vs Minwoo Lee

6:23, Aaron Wise vs Hayden Buckley

Ahead of the final round I'm backing Zalatoris and Rahm. Fitzpatrick is the favourite and although he's won around here as an amateur, this is a Major and that's a whole different kind of pressure. Zalatoris has been knocking on the door in these tournaments recently and Rahm of course is already a major winner.

10pts Zalatoris to win US Open @ 4.72 Betfair Exchange

10pts Rahm to win US Open @ 5.41 Betfair Exchange