** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing chat -thurs 26th May

1 hour ago, richard-westwood said:

1.00 yarm 

Commandment   8.3  4/1 

Fourshadessilver  8.2  8/1 

Warhol   8.2   9/1 

These 3 are a bit clear of rest but very tight at the top....looks like prime forecast material I'll try 3x 3pt wins  6x .5 forecasts 

This looks like a mighty tricky 7f class 5 race.  Who knows if Commandment will take to 7f.  "Kept on" seems to be the chant at 6f.  I have taken a 1 pt win on Fourshadesofsilver at 10.49 on the Betfair Exchange, mainly because it is verified as the Timeform top-rated at 87 (though doesn't feature in their top 3 selections on the ATR website).  Dangers abound with Mumcat and possibly Meyden Rose.  Best of luck to Richard with his selections though. 

13 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

This looks like a mighty tricky 7f class 5 race.  Who knows if Commandment will take to 7f.  "Kept on" seems to be the chant at 6f.  I have taken a 1 pt win on Fourshadesofsilver at 10.49 on the Betfair Exchange, mainly because it is verified as the Timeform top-rated at 87 (though doesn't feature in their top 3 selections on the ATR website).  Dangers abound with Mumcat and possibly Meyden Rose.  Best of luck to Richard with his selections though. 

Commandment drifted so I have risked 1 pt at 12.  Also Fourshadesofsilver's price cut with a non-runner earlier and now drifted badly so I have had a1 pt 4TBP bet to get 2.40 if it gets within the first 4.  It ran well at 7f previously

Edited by The Equaliser

16 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

1.00 yarm 

Commandment   8.3  4/1 

Fourshadessilver  8.2  8/1 

Warhol   8.2   9/1 

These 3 are a bit clear of rest but very tight at the top....looks prime forecast material I'll try 3x 3pt wins  6x .5 forecasts 

Flipping he'll...warhol was backed like defeat was impossible but they all ran like donkeys ?...oh well 

Edited by richard-westwood

6 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Commandment drifted so I have risked 1 pt at 12.  Also Fourshadesofsilver's price cut with a non-runner earlier and now drifted badly so I have had a1 pt 4TBP bet to get 2.40 if it gets within the first 4.  It ran well at 7f previously

6.50 San Enemy 2 pts win at 4.3 (my PL Nap today). Hopefully Thunderous will set this up for my selection.  Drifted a bit so had another point at 5.2 = 3 pts at 4.57 for 10.49 profit.  All the money for Quickthorn; a good horse with a good jockey

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8.35 Sip And Smile 3 pts win at 4.7 and a 1 pt win cover bet on Super Lover at 4.9 

= 12 points staked today

Edited by The Equaliser

650 Sandown a strange race LTO there was nothing between Quickthorn and Enemy diferent tactics today widened that gap

2 ways of looking at this race, first is that a few including Enemy didn't run their races second is that Marquand/Morisson out thought them

we didn't learn much from this race other than Jockeys can be as thick as pig shit sometimes, i am not talking through my pocket here as i left the race well alone for win purposes and had The balding horse in this race and his in the last in an ew double. one thing i do know is Enemy is better than it showed today. but if Manobo turns up in the gold cup i can't see anything beating it.

5 hours ago, Ironjoe said:

Ripon 2.50 bollin joan 1 pt win 9/2

Ripon 4 25 lost my sock 1pt win 4/1

Sandown 6 50 quickthorn 1pt win 3/1

Sandown 8.35 stellar queen 1pt EW 10/1

0.1 pt lucky 15 for 1.5 points total outlay

Good luck ? 

is your bet best odds guaranteed? bollin joan @11/2 (sp) makes it a good few quid better

6 hours ago, Ironjoe said:

Ripon 2.50 bollin joan 1 pt win 9/2

Ripon 4 25 lost my sock 1pt win 4/1

Sandown 6 50 quickthorn 1pt win 3/1

Sandown 8.35 stellar queen 1pt EW 10/1

0.1 pt lucky 15 for 1.5 points total outlay

Good luck ? 

22.5 points returned on the lucky 15

14.5 points returned on the singles

Profit of 30.5 points if my maths is correct

4 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

6.50 San Enemy 2 pts win at 4.3 (my PL Nap today). Hopefully Thunderous will set this up for my selection.  Drifted a bit so had another point at 5.2 = 3 pts at 4.57 for 10.49 profit.  All the money for Quickthorn; a good horse with a good jockey

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8.35 Sip And Smile 3 pts win at 4.7 and a 1 pt win cover bet on Super Lover at 4.9 

= 12 points staked today

RESULTS UPDATE

No winners today.  Matt Chapman declared that Tom Marquand was the best jockey around now last weekend.  Perhaps he's right.  He certainly got the beating of Ryan Moore in the last race at Sandown.  It looked as though RM left it far too late to catch Roxoff.  Of course TM rode a brilliant tactical race on  Quickthorn in an earlier race as well.  However, I still remember cursing Tom Marquand a number of times when he has ill timed his run when I have had money on his ride and got beaten a short distance.

-12 pts = MTD 74.72 & YTD -154.55

I am hoping to have a bit more time tomorrow for my racing

10 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

RESULTS UPDATE

No winners today.  Matt Chapman declared that Tom Marquand was the best jockey around now last weekend.  Perhaps he's right.  He certainly got the beating of Ryan Moore in the last race at Sandown.  It looked as though RM left it far too late to catch Roxoff.  Of course TM rode a brilliant tactical race on  Quickthorn in an earlier race as well.  However, I still remember cursing Tom Marquand a number of times when he has ill timed his run when I have had money on his ride and got beaten a short distance.

-12 pts = MTD 74.72 & YTD -154.55

I am hoping to have a bit more time tomorrow for my racing

He got beat on Trueshan in the Ebor then Holly rode it at ascot and it murdered the Ebor winner and Stradavarius 20 lengths, i had been backing Trueshan antipost for the Ebor all year and ended up with 200 on at 33/1 100 on at 25 and 175 on at all rates down to 16/1.  I had only 50 on when holly won on it at 20/1, one thing you can never factor into a race is the jockey f*****g up.