Gibraltor Open

Fader

Quite a big event this one and it's an event that started already. I thought it started half 9 but sure enough it has started at half 8 so a quick brief. I am going to take a good number of players here as there are some huge odds out there and we're seeing quite a few big priced odds player make semi-finals of events. Here is my picks

2pts Ding to win Gibraltor Open 18/1 betfred
-------------------------------------------------------------
1pt e/w A. Carter to win Gibraltor Open 40/1 paddypower
1pt e/w Yuelong to win Gibraltor Open 66/1 bet365
1pt e/w Zhengyi to win Gibraltor Open 80/1 willhill
-----------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w Wenbo to win Gibratlor Open 125/ paddypower
0.5pts e/w Slessor to win Gibraltor Open 200/1 unibet
0.5pts e/w Jiahui to win Gibraltor Open 250/1 willhill

I think Hicks is worth a punt against Yize. I was expecting quite a closely run book on it but 6/4 on Hicks I think is too big. Whilst Yize looks a fantastic player, he has lost to Ng Yee and Hicks on his day can put in a decent performance. He has beaten Gilbert recently albeit Gilbert's form has dropped. Also think it's worth siding with Saengkham to beat Selt. Selt made the final of the Turkish and I reckon there may be abit of spill over from that disappointment. He played awful in his semi-final win and still won. i think Saengkham is a decent price in a match that be 50/50 at best

2pts Hicks to beat Yize 6/4 paddypower
2.5pts Saengkham to beat Selt 11/10 paddypower

Saengkham wins but Yize withdrew so that bet's a void. Jiahui withdrew too for a void on the outright and out go Slessor and more frustratingly Wenbo, who should have been 2-0 up and went 2-0 down and ended up losing 4-2.

The other 4 are through

Nothing I liked it the early games really. Just looking through the rest of the day and ofcourse matches will pop-up as it's very busy. Nothing screams out but I was tempted with Woollaston beating Ronnie. Purely because it's a long old day and I wonder if Ronnie will go out there just going for everything.