Racing Chat - Tuesday 4 January

Not much to look at in the class races today and cramped odds for my Trixie

2.15 Her Red Rookie 11/8

3.20 Her Good Look Charm 11/8

5.00 Nc Imperial Command 13/8

1 x 4 pt win Trixie = poss return of 32.9 points

1.15 Her Winterwatch 2 pts win at 3.8 (poss profit £5.49) & Line Of Descent £1.40 cover bet at 6/4

1.45 Her Art Of Diplomacy (My nap bet as the comp looks really competitive already so far)  2 pts win at 5.6 =poss profit 9.02 & Ins bet 0.5 pts win on Gazette Bourgeoise at 6/1

5.00 Nc Lightening Company 0.5 pts at 14/1 (couldn't resist it although a big drifter)

Total stakes 10.4 today

At least I can go do something else now. 

Good luck to all playing today

What a complete idiot - and I'm self-censoring, trust me.

Surely, a lifetime ban at the very least.

GBH\assault with intent at best, Fairyhouse Racecourse kicked a punter out after he 'threw a beer at losing horse':

https://www.dublinlive.ie/sport/other-sport/fairyhouse-racecourse-kicked-punter-out-22626893

Edited by gbettle
include the headline

1 hour ago, gbettle said:

What a complete idiot - and I'm self-censoring, trust me.

Surely, a lifetime ban at the very least.

GBH\assault with intent at best, Fairyhouse Racecourse kicked a punter out after he 'threw a beer at losing horse':

https://www.dublinlive.ie/sport/other-sport/fairyhouse-racecourse-kicked-punter-out-22626893

A lifetime ban would seem to be a bit harsh, however, this fellow could do with attending a few anger management classes

10 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Not much to look at in the class races today and cramped odds for my Trixie

2.15 Her Red Rookie 11/8

3.20 Her Good Look Charm 11/8

5.00 Nc Imperial Command 13/8

1 x 4 pt win Trixie = poss return of 32.9 points

1.15 Her Winterwatch 2 pts win at 3.8 (poss profit £5.49) & Line Of Descent £1.40 cover bet at 6/4

1.45 Her Art Of Diplomacy (My nap bet as the comp looks really competitive already so far)  2 pts win at 5.6 =poss profit 9.02 & Ins bet 0.5 pts win on Gazette Bourgeoise at 6/1

5.00 Nc Lightening Company 0.5 pts at 14/1 (couldn't resist it although a big drifter)

Total stakes 10.4 today

At least I can go do something else now. 

Good luck to all playing today

RESULTS UPDATE

I have no idea what all the hype was about with Winterwatch.  The horse hated jumping from the outset.  I expected a bit better from Harry Fry.  Just got chinned for a Trixie with Imperial Command losing a bit of ground at the start and the inexperienced jockey not seeing where Danny Tudhope was coming from.  Pity my horse didn't win, it would have put me in profit.  Art Of Diplomacy lost to my cover bet so a small loss on the day of 1.25 pts.  This makes my MTD & YTD - 18.25 pts

Looks like I have to do it all over again (as Tommo often says) tomorrow.  No qualifying races for me at Wolves, though there are 5 at Ffos Las and just one class 3 at Kempton.  Quality racing is a bit thin on the ground again

===========================================================================

In retrospect, quite annoyed with myself that I was not awake enough to have 2/3 points to win on Star shield in the race of my last leg of my Trixie as a saver/insurance bet.  After 2 winners I was going to net 32.9 points so it wouldn't have hurt.  I would have chosen this horse over the other David O'Meara horse simply because I would have trusted that Danny Tudhope would have chosen the right horse to be on.  Stupid me!!!

Edited by The Equaliser