Racing Chat - Monday 6th December

530 Wolverhampton - Madame Glitters 9/2 

The O'Meara / Watson combination has started well .

Southwell on tapeta & not the ol' skool fibresand is back tomorrow , wonder if they'll be any draw angles with sprint races & or local trainers Appleby , Dixon , Shaw , Furtado will have any advantage after running their horses on track for trials ?

Some big yards represented for 2 year old races , may make a visit Feb / March time .

A quick Trixie as time is restricted

1.15 Muss First Impression 6/5

1.30 Lud Miranda 5/4

2.30 Lud Golden Taipan 5/2 (the Henderson horse is favourite but let's hope that my horse makes few mistakes)

one 4 pt win Trixie = poss return of 37.85 points

Hopefully back later with some horses for singles at better prices

My first selection fell and Miranda planted itself at the start.  Must be a good horse to win by a nose despite that.

Not much on offer for the rest of the day for me.  However, I will put 1.5 pts on Enfranchise at 3/1 in the 5.00 at Wolves.  The hyped-up David O'meara horse may run well but I'll stick with the best form horse.

Total stakes = 5.5 points

Edited by The Equaliser
Update

Been busy at work. Bit late to post treble, but waiting on wakool at musselburgh at 215, had thunder rock and minella plus. 

Also did Demigod at Greyville, sa, nowhere, 1021 at 3/1, had done Demidova last night at 9/1 at Maronas came 2nd pipped on line. 

Also done puffin at ludlow, e/w, 130 11/1

5 hours ago, calva decoy said:

Southwell on tapeta & not the ol' skool fibresand is back tomorrow , wonder if they'll be any draw angles with sprint races & or local trainers Appleby , Dixon , Shaw , Furtado will have any advantage after running their horses on track for trials ?

There used to be a big advantage being drawn low with a strike rate of 17%. However last winter it fell to 10% so the new surface has made a massive difference.

The AE for horses drawn 1 to 4 is 0.84, for those drawn above 4 it is 1.17.

2 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

There used to be a big advantage being drawn low with a strike rate of 17%. However last winter it fell to 10% so the new surface has made a massive difference.

The AE for horses drawn 1 to 4 is 0.84, for those drawn above 4 it is 1.17.

There isn't any stats for Southwell as it's a totally new surface .

The old stalls 1-4 in the sprint races went out the window a few years back when they relayed the fibresand .

I've booked February 24th ticket & train fare total £29.20 , no pie & peas though , gutted .

Edited by calva decoy

18 minutes ago, calva decoy said:

There isn't any stats for Southwell as it's a totally new surface .

The old stalls 1-4 in the sprint races went out the window a few years back when they relayed the fibresand .

I've booked February 24th ticket & train fare total £29.20 , no pie & peas though , gutted .

What is the nearest station to southwell? just checked its rolleston i believe, where are you travelling from @calva decoy?

Edited by Zilzalian

I'm in Peterborough .

You can hit the course with a stone from the station platform bit like Newbury or Uttoxeter .

£15 20 for two singles & £14 for ticket , I used to get ticket + pie & peas for £16 but don't seem to do anymore .

Like Yarmouth when they relayed the turf I'll give it a bit of time before I rely on course stats etc... & Southwell will now attract better quality horses & prize money rather than the ol' skool 7 races with 16 racehorses & 40 horses entered , some very poor types in the class 6 races there .

8 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

A quick Trixie as time is restricted

1.15 Muss First Impression 6/5

1.30 Lud Miranda 5/4

2.30 Lud Golden Taipan 5/2 (the Henderson horse is favourite but let's hope that my horse makes few mistakes)

one 4 pt win Trixie = poss return of 37.85 points

Hopefully back later with some horses for singles at better prices

My first selection fell and Miranda planted itself at the start.  Must be a good horse to win by a nose despite that.

Not much on offer for the rest of the day for me.  However, I will put 1.5 pts on Enfranchise at 3/1 in the 5.00 at Wolves.  The hyped-up David O'meara horse may run well but I'll stick with the best form horse.

Total stakes = 5.5 points

RESULTS UPDATE

Well, another disappointing day.  One of the reasons I backed Golden Taipan was that it was usually near the head of affairs in its races; so why was it held up today? There should not have been 20 lengths separating it from Raya Time.  The horse should not have run today imo, it just wasn't race-ready to give a good account. Shame on Fergal O'Brien

Anyway a 5.5 loss on the day.  this makes my cumulative profit for December +50.22 points.  YTD from 1 Jan = -182.95 points

I'm off out early tomorrow so I feel quite happy to give racing a miss.  Hopefully back Wednesday

Good luck to all the stalwarts that press on regardless

13 hours ago, calva decoy said:

I'm in Peterborough .

You can hit the course with a stone from the station platform bit like Newbury or Uttoxeter .

£15 20 for two singles & £14 for ticket , I used to get ticket + pie & peas for £16 but don't seem to do anymore .

Like Yarmouth when they relayed the turf I'll give it a bit of time before I rely on course stats etc... & Southwell will now attract better quality horses & prize money rather than the ol' skool 7 races with 16 racehorses & 40 horses entered , some very poor types in the class 6 races there .

I notice the racing post cards are including CD wins which is ridiculous when you think about it. As for the train i am just south of Manchester and its 3 changes and over 3 hours journey times for 78 miles (could walk there quicker) so my initial idea of going is terminated forthwith.

• 1 month later...