Racing Chat - Saturday September 25th

5 hours ago, The Brigadier said:

Loss of 3 points on the day. Our big ante post gamble Chichester was slowly away and never got into it - that's racing as they say!

I saw a similar thing with Jawaal in the 2.40 Haydock.  It didn't "stumble" as reported in the RP but nodded as it came out of the stalls; then Paul Mulrennan, who I don't like as a jockey anyway did all kinds of wierd hopeless things during the race.  I wonder how many races are lost at the start; especially sprint races?

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

BEST OF THE BEST SELECTIONS TODAY

B/FWD SEP -9.56 POINTS

Theses are not tips

1.00 Hd Smiling Jayne 2/1 (15/8 LN)  DTR                          Alt (3/1) steady

1.30 Hd Educator 5/4 steady                                             Alt (1) 12/1 (8/1 LN)

3.50 Hd Summers Knight 2/1 (5/2 LN)                               Alt (1) 3/1 (7/2 LN)

1.15 Nm Oheka 4/5 (evens LN)                                         Alt (5) 9/2 (6/1 LN)

2.25 Nm Sacred Bridge 2/1 steady  DTR                            Alt (13) 11/2 steady

1.10 List Chiricahua 5/4 steady                                         Alt (14) 9/2 (7/2 LN)

4.45 Curr She's In The Game 9/2 steady  DTR                   Alt (13) 12/1 steady

3.45 Ches Baryshinikov 3/1 steady                                   Alt (2) 15/2 steady

2.45 M/R Caramelised 8/11 (Evens LN) DTR                     Alt (5) 13/2 (5/1 LN)

5.35 M/R Ultimate Fame 1/1 (5/4 LN) DTR                       Alt (7) 11/2 (5/1 LN)

7.00 Chelm Roulston Scar 10/11 (8/13 LN) DTR               Alt (1) 6/4 (13/8 LN)

11 Selections from 60 races = 18.3% (quite poor for a Saturday)

Will be back later with book bets; need to do a bit more research

RESULTS UPDATE

The Big 3 had 3 winners today out of 10 selections as She's In The Game wasn't.  Four out of the 5 DTR's lost.  Two odds on shots lost whilst one won so a profitable day for the layers.  The upshot was -2.84 Points.  The carry Fwd is now -12.40 points

The alternative bets only produced one winner at 9/2 so a 5.5 points loss which brings the cumulative to -80.7 points

Only 23 races tomorrow so that shouldn't take too long to check out ?

9 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Today's Trixie:

1.00 Hd Smiling Jayne 7/4

2.25 Nm Sacred Bridge 2/1

3.50 Hd Summers Knight 15/8 (£2.15 win at 2.9 = £4.00 p if it wins)

One £1 win Trixie = £4 = poss return of £48.50

Other single = £1 win on Chichester in the 3.40 at Nm at 15/2 with Hollie Doyle aboard

= £7.15 staked o far

RESULTS UPDATE

For the second week running I have included the Timeform star rated selection for the day, in this case Sacred Bridge and for the second week running it has lost :wall  Luckily Summers Knight sprang back to form impressively so I only lost £0.99 on the day.  My new balance is now £716.14 (Bank £1.056.22)

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

RESULTS UPDATE

The Big 3 had 3 winners today out of 10 selections as She's In The Game wasn't.  Four out of the 5 DTR's lost.  Two odds on shots lost whilst one won so a profitable day for the layers.  The upshot was -2.84 Points.  The carry Fwd is now -12.40 points

The alternative bets only produced one winner at 9/2 so a 5.5 points loss which brings the cumulative to -80.7 points

Only 23 races tomorrow so that shouldn't take too long to check out ?

With so many short priced favourites running tomorrow I wonder how the bookies will get any sleep tonight ?

I will only have 6 selections out of 23 races = 26%, but will post up tomorrow so as to include overnight price changes.

I won't lose any sleep and the bookies won't either because they have already factored in their profit ?