Non-League Predictions > August 30th

Darran

A full fixture list on BH Monday and I have 6 bets to add to the Concord one earlier.

Aldershot v Yeovil (National League)
Yeovil got their season underway on Saturday with a defeat to Kings Lynn and they went down to 10 men late on in the first half. Manager Darren Sarll mentioned after the game that they struggled with their energy levels which is no surprise after the team suffered with Covid. To have another game 48 hours later is going to be really tough. Aldershot have lost both games so far but Chesterfield at home was always going to be tough and the same going to Boreham Wood on Saturday. They battled hard though and might have picked up a point on another day. I don't think there is a great deal between these two sides so for the home side to be as big as they are means it is worth backing them especially with the quick turnaround for Yeovil.

Halifax v Altrincham (National League)
Bit disappointing for us that Halifax were able to beat Woking on Saturday, but Woking didn't defend well enough. Still we are in profit from opposing them with Maidenhead beating them on the opening day and I am taking them on again here. Altrincham had a very good win on day 1 winning away at Torquay and they had Saturday off so well be fresher for this match. Even without that they would have looked a bet for me so it is just an added bonus for me.

Wealdstone v Southend (National League)
Wealdstone have lost both their games so far, but performances haven't actually been that bad at all and I reckon they are in with a chance of beating Southend here. They just about beat Kings Lynn on the opening day and then lacked quality in the final 3rd against Stockport on Saturday. I certainly think the home team have it in them to cause Southend problems and look a value bet at the prices.

Weymouth v Maidenhead (National League)
It was a tough old trip to Grimsby for Weymouth on Saturday and they couldn't even muster a shot on target in a 1-0 defeat. That followed on from losing to Boreham Wood at home on the opening day. In contrast Maidenhead have won both games so far and although I don't expect Halifax or Dover to do much this season, I would have Weymouth on a similar footing so I am happy to take them to make it 3/3.

Chippenham v Havant & Waterlooville (National League South)
To be fair to the home side here they have done well to get 4 points from their first two games given they were suffering on numbers due to Covid. Despite that this game should be much tougher than playing Dulwich or Slough. Havant had an easy opening game against Welling (3-0 win), but did well to beat Hampton last Saturday 2-1. This Saturday was a day off for them so the fact they come into this game fresher is again another huge plus for them. Again like Altrincham I would have made them a bet at the odds anyway, but the fact they had a day off adds to the confidence.

Atherton v Lancaster (Northern Premier League)
Just the one bet at step 3 and it is Lancaster who have got off to a flying start to the season winning 4 on the bounce after losing on the opening day. To be fair the fixtures haven't been overly taxing, but they have won them with ease and Atherton again shouldn't cause them too many issues. They lost 2-0 to Morpeth on Saturday and they had lost all their games prior to that fixture.

Aldershot 1pt @ 17/10 with Bet365 (take up to 5/4)
Altrincham 1pt @ 3/1 with Bet365 (take up to 7/4)
Wealdstone 1pt @ 100/30 with Bet365 (take up to 9/4)
Maidenhead 1pt @ 13/8 with BetVictor, Bet365 and William Hill (take up to 11/10)
Havant 2.5pts @ 13/10 with Skybet, Betfair and Paddy Power (take up to 4/5)
Lancaster 2pts @ 7/5 with Bet365, Betfair, Betfred and Hills (take up to Evs and only 4 bookies I've checked as match isn't on Oddschecker)

24 minutes ago, Darran said:
Weymouth v Maidenhead (National League)
It was a tough old trip to Grimsby for Weymouth on Saturday and they couldn't even muster a shot on target in a 1-0 defeat. That followed on from losing to Boreham Wood at home on the opening day. In contrast Maidenhead have won both games so far and although I don't expect Halifax or Dover to do much this season, I would have Weymouth on a similar footing so I am happy to take them to make it 3/3.

Surely you are taking Maidenhead and not Weymouth or have I read that all wrong? Maidenhead to win 3 games?

Being a Weymouth season ticket holder...we really struggled against Boreham Wood, we don't have a striker who can hold the ball up. Apparently we were better against Grimsby in creating chances but our lack of physicality is concerning. Maidenhead to win to nil may also be of interest, but I'm hoping for better obviously!

K let's see if the 'system' works.

Darran last year = 45% overall successful tips, 60% success tipping for 2 point selections or more.

This season so far =

SELECTIONS 1 - 60%  /  2pts 50%

SELECTIONS 2 - 57%  /  2pts 50%

SELECTIONS 3 - 50%  /  2pts 50%

So this week, I predict both bigger 2pt/2.5pt tips to win, none of the 1 pointers.

Given the swerves back and for, maybe one 1 pointer :)

Let's see...

Off to watch Stourbridge v Bromsgrove. 

Stourbridge have had an horrific start and Mark Yates must be under big pressure to turn things round. My lot beat a very poor Rushden side Saturday but I honestly don't know what to expect today. 

St Ives seem to have alot of injuries at the minute so I'm on Biggleswade at 13-10 doubled up with Peterborough Sports at 8-11 who should beat Rushden if Saturdays evidence is anything to go by 

@bromsgrovegreenboth Sports and Stourbridges defences were poor saturday if being honet  just Sports were the better side of poor

Done a Southern League acca

Peterborough Sports
Alvechurch / Draw 
Biggleswade
Royston
Leiston / Lowestoft  (cant see it being a draw)
Rushall
Stourbridge / Bromsgrove (both teams poor start cant be a draw surely)
Banbury

Wrexham v Notts County:

20 points on 50+ booking points at 2/1 Sky Bet and 12 on >55 at 15/4 Hills

If this guy is reffing (as seems to be the case) then this definitely looks like a game to be going high on cards.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/thomas-parsons/profil/schiedsrichter/35137/plus/0?funktion=1&saison_id=&wettbewerb_id=CNAT

He's handled 27 games in the National League and 14 of them hit 50 points or more. Surprisingly, only one of those games didn't also reach 60 or more.

Not much between the fixed odds options and the spreads for me here so a buy at 39 with SPIN is a decent enough alternative. 4-6 cards may be the best shout of all at 6/4 with Hills as that bet would have landed in 16 of the 27 games. I'll just have to hope the game doesn't stall on 4 yellows for 40 points!

22 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Wrexham v Notts County:

20 points on 50+ booking points at 2/1 Sky Bet and 12 on >55 at 15/4 Hills

:ok and :eyes

Not sure whether to feel lucky that it got to 50 points (no cards until the 52nd minute then 5 yellows shown) or unlucky that it didn't go one better!

Parsons would be one for the notebook if he was reffing at a higher level but, as it is, not sure there will be many chances to bet on cards in matches he handles.