Championship Predictions > Aug 28th

Also a Derby for us, and if we don't win I think we will need a new manager! I do think we'll win but not quite a bet a 2/1 given our dreadful start to the season.

Done another little treble with the big guns. Fulham to beat Stoke, great start for Stoke but Fulham are better and have home advantage. Bournemouth let a 2 goal lead slip against Blackpool, but I'll give them another chance against Hull, who looked so bad at home to Derby. WBA another team to hit the ground running and should out gun Posh.

Small stakes treble pays around 6.5/1 with SBK.

Cardiff vs Bristol City

It's the Severnside Derby on Saturday at 12:30pm BST when Cardiff play Bristol City at the Cardiff City Stadium. It's one of four local derbies for us this season and the lads have generally turned up for the bigger games under Mick McCarthy so it'll be interesting to see how this one goes given the different start that both clubs have endured to their league campaigns thus far.

Cardiff might not have been playing very well but we've somehow remained unbeaten for our opening four league matches of the season. The 1-1 draw with Barnsley was a disappointing start to our season at home but the 2-0 win away to Blackpool was dominant. However, the 2-2 draw away to Peterborough was fortunate and we needed a severe change in tactics at home to Millwall to beat them 3-1 in a score-line that flattered us. Still, that game did show that McCarthy is willing to mix things up if needed. It also showed how dangerous we can be when we play a system that incorporates wide players and uses them effectively. Ryan Giles was immense when he came on and if we can find some balance by adding a similar type of player on the right wing then we can be really troubling for any team this season. Until then, if we stick with the 3-5-2, every game will feel like we're fighting against the tide.

Bristol City were a team I felt had a manager in Nigel Pearson who could move them on up the Championship table. As it turns out, it seems Pearson is a shot horse. The Robins have won just 1 of their 5 competitive matches played so far this season. Conceding late goals has been a problem for City so far this season. They conceded in injury-time in their opening game to draw 1-1 with Blackpool. Middlesbrough scored their winner with 20 minutes left to win 2-1. They also conceded deep into injury-time in the EFL Cup 1st Round to be taken to penalties against Forest Green Rovers which they lost. The 3-2 win away to Reading had appeared to show their was progress being made but the 1-0 loss against Swansea, despite the strong showing, was evidence that issues still need to be addressed.

The head-to-head record of these two teams over recent seasons has shown an interesting trend. The two clubs are literally taking it in turns to win. There has been an alternate winner for the last 7 meetings with Cardiff winning the most recent encounter back in February. The last 5 meetings have also ended with the victory winning with a clean sheet and less than 2.5 goals being scored. I fancy us to win this one. We've performed well in derby games under McCarthy and there was a real buzz about the stadium against Millwall which I think will continue here. We are still playing well below our potential yet we're still grinding out the results which says a lot.

Cardiff to Win @ 2.02 with SBK

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.80 with SportNation

Derby County vs Nottingham Forest

2021-08-28T13:30+02:00

Derby County

Doubtful: Tom Lawrence (2/0 m, captain, probably in)

Out (injuries/other): Colin Kazim-Richards (2/0 f), Festy Ebosele (2/0 f), Kornell McDonald (0/0 d), Jason Knight (0/0 m), Krystian Bielik (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Nottingham Forest

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Nuno Da Costa (0/0 f), Joe Lolley (2/0 f), Joe Worrall (0/0 d), Jordi Osei-Tutu (2/0 d), Loic Mbe Soh (1/0 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Taking a small treble of the early pacesetter, 1 each from the respective football leagues, all aways

Bournemouth 23/20 at Hull

Bolton 6/5 at Cambridge

Bradford 6/4 at Leyton Orient

Overall 10/1

I'm really surprised to see Bournemouth priced so highly, I would have them a tad shorter given Hull are pretty poor. Maybe the Blackpool comeback last week has clouded the price but I certainly have no problem backing them today.

Edited by Kenton Schweppes

12 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Cardiff v Bristo:

I must be anticipating gravy on my dinner, ah Bristo! :)

Derby v Forest: 16 points on Lawrence to score at 10/3 Uni

Hardly someone so prolific you'd want to stray into max bet territory but seems big for a player who the spreads regard as the most likely scorer on the pitch.

On 8/28/2021 at 4:58 PM, yossa6133 said:

Forest were bad again, I wonder if Hoot will get the boot after that.

Bournemouth so disappointing, no urgency or goal threat. Parker has made them worse and if anything I will be looking to oppose them now.

I genuinely thought Bournemouth would breeze to 3 points in that, thats 2 weeks in a row I've backed them and they've disappointed.

The other surprise result was Forest Green losing at home to Port Vale, I had them in a 4 fold, the other 3 legs came in, only Forest Green were odds on too, sickener really.

You're coming to us soon (Huddersfield), I'm surprised as to how much we've picked up in the last week or so, we've a good home record against you historically, I can't remember the last time you won at our place. Anyway, we're not serious ay off or promotion contenders. I am surprised that you're struggling so badly this time round, Hughton has a good track record at this level.