** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The Racing League

It was nice to see the Racegoers Club have a wiiner on Thurday with Temara Cayon in the Racing League.

I used to be a member of the Racegoers and had shares in some of there horses which were leased to the club.

What i liked about Racegoers was stable vists were limited to around 30 people .

Where Elite Racing club which i was also a member, stable vists you would find around 600 people be there.

On 8/2/2021 at 9:40 PM, MCLARKE said:

Not for me I'm afraid. All seems a bit random and gimmicky, although not as bad as the 100 in cricket !

I agree totally.... But I've been given a free ticket to the poxy 100, at the Oval on Sunday 8th. I definitely will go cos my mate's coming with me.

What will the Oval ground be like on Sunday? Heavy going.

But anything that gets people back to stadiums after 2 years of lockdown... Anything helps.

I guess this thread does prove it's point ......... it's not meant to appeal to racing fans, it's meant to bring in people who are not interested in racing by giving them teams to support and points and league tables ............ things that are pretty meaningless to racing fans

Racing of course already has teams ....... they're called 'racing yards' and they have league tables of horses, jockeys and trainers, but to be honest I don't think a lots of racing fans spend much time poring over tables of leading jockeys, trainers or horses

On 8/7/2021 at 12:56 PM, Offramp said:

I agree totally.... But I've been given a free ticket to the poxy 100, at the Oval on Sunday 8th. I definitely will go cos my mate's coming with me.

What will the Oval ground be like on Sunday

without wishing to digress too much on this  

if anything like today  Shambles

The Hundred like the Racing League is meant to make this `simple, easy and fun' for new fans into the sport but when you have a rain delayed game deciding that only 65 balls per innings (halfway through a 10 ball over) and a powerplay of 16 balls (bowlers swap after 5 or 10 balls) it does neither make things simple or easy for new fans,  admittedly not seen any racing league action so cant comment on that too much  but think its got the potential to make things too easy to complicate if that makes sense