** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Premier League Predictions > May 7th - 13th

eplratings.jpg

It's a bumper week in the Premier League coming up with a number of midweek matches after the weekend's packed schedule. I will be covering a range of matches over the entire week so it won't be the usual coverage of every weekend game in an effort to spread coverage across each game day. I'll look to give my thoughts on each game at least anyway. Get involved in the chat and tell us your predictions for these games! :ok

Leicester City vs Newcastle United

Leicester City

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Wes Morgan (3/0 d, captain), Harvey Barnes (25/9 m), James Justin (23/2 d)

Suspended: -

Newcastle United

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Isaac Hayden (24/0 m), Karl Darlow (25/0 first goalkeeper), Jamaal Lascelles (19/2 d, captain), Ryan Fraser (18/0 m)

Suspended: Fabian Schar (17/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Over/Under Goals
Leicester City
17 home games
Newcastle United
17 away games
88% Over 1.5 goals 88%
65% Over 2.5 goals 29%
35% Over 3.5 goals 12%
12% Over 4.5 goals 6%
6% Over 5.5 goals 6%
12% Under 1.5 goals 12%
35% Under 2.5 goals 71%
82% Over 0.5 goals at half-time 59%
53% Over 1.5 goals at half-time 24%
18% Over 2.5 goals at half-time 0%

Leicester City vs Newcastle United

The hosts managed to get back on the winning track after suffering two straight defeats that kept them away from the 2nd spot. Brendan Rodgers’s side picked up seven points from the previous three rounds, and they are four points behind Manchester United, who has one game in hand. Leicester City still hasn’t finished the job around securing a Champions League spot, although they are very close to accomplishing that goal. Therefore, the Foxes won’t take this match for granted as the fifth-placed West Ham is only five points behind. Jamie Vardy and the lads could have done much better at King Power Stadium, where they lost on seven occasions. However, Leicester City improved its home performances, winning three times in the last four games. They want to keep up with good performances and clinch the top-four spot.

On the other hand, this has been a disappointing campaign for Newcastle United. The Magpies are only one spot ahead of the red line, but Fulham is nine points behind. Steve Bruce’s side put several good displays lately that dragged them away from the danger zone. Newcastle picked up eight points on the previous five occasions, but Arsenal broke their unbeatable streak last weekend. Ciaran Clark and the lads haven’t been tight enough in the back, allowing a total of 56 goals this season. Newcastle United is among the worst visiting teams, managing to get back home with a win only four times from 17 outings. The away side needs to set a good foundation for the next campaign, otherwise, they will be in big trouble.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction

Leicester City is a firm favorite in this match, and the hosts look forward to securing their Champions League ticket. We believe they will meet the expectations and pick up all three points from this encounter.

Goals Market Prediction

Head-to-head clashes between these two sides have usually been pretty efficient, and since both sides have been involved in high-scoring matches lately, we think the tradition might continue. Therefore, we should see at least three goals in this match.

Leicester City to win @ 1.45

Over 2.5 FT @ 1.75

Correct score 3:1 @ 13.00

Leicester City

They get a four-match unbeaten run in recent games. It is a pity that they just take one point from Southampton in last game even if The Saints have been sent off one person. Now they are sitting in the third place in the table of the League.

Newcastle United

They lose to Arsenal at 0-2 in last game. What’s worse, Fabian Schar get a red card. His absence  has an effect on their playing. Luckily they rank the seventeenth in the table of the League, with 9 points away from relegation zone.

Verdict:

There is a big gap between Leicester City and Newcastle United. Leicester City are the third in League table while Newcastle United are the seventeenth. And Leicester City get a three-match winning streak from Newcastle United in the past. So Leicester City will possibly win.   

Prediction: 2-0, 2-1

Saturday Matches

As I mentioned earlier this week, due to the midweek games in the Premier League, I'm going to do what I can to cover my thoughts on all the games as best as possible with the limited time I have to do so. @StefanBB has done a comprehensive preview of the Leicester versus Newcastle game tonight so I'll move straight on to the Saturday matches that cover Leeds versus Tottenham (12:30pm BST), Sheffield United versus Crystal Palace (3pm BST), Manchester City versus Chelsea (5:30pm BST), and Liverpool vs Southampton (8:15pm BST).

Leeds taking on Tottenham will be a fascinating clash between the experienced Marcelo Bielsa and the inexperienced interim head coach Ryan Mason. The home side are without a win in any of their 9 home league games against teams placed higher than them in the table but all five of their home league games against the "established top six" have ended in draws. A win would keep Leeds in the hunt for European qualification but they face a Tottenham side who have won back-to-back league games under Mason. Spurs have also scored in 11 consecutive league games so the fragile Leeds defence might struggle here.

Tottenham to Win @ 2.08 with SBK

BTTS @ 1.62 with SportNation

Sheffield United will aim to end their season on a high against Crystal Palace. It's bottom versus 13th and you have to say that, realistically, the Eagles are safe. The Blades are still only on 17 points and have lost 6 of their last 7 league games. Interim head coach Paul Heckingbottom did his team win 1-0 against an out-of-form Brighton but I've not seen enough to make me think they can get something here. Yes, Roy Hodgson's men have only won 1 of their last 8 league games but it's been a tough fixture list and I can see them getting out of the doldrums in this one.

Crystal Palace Draw No Bet @ 1.80 with William Hill

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.67 with Boylesports

The big one is at 4:30pm BST on Saturday when Manchester City could secure their Premier League title with a win at home against Chelsea. It's a dress rehearsal for the Champions League Final after both sides secured their places in midweek. Pep Guardiola's side have won 20 of their last 22 league matches and a victory would seal the title for them no matter what happens elsewhere. Thomas Tuchel's men are set for quite a season if they can confirm qualification for the Champions League, win this season's Champions League, and win the FA Cup. It's all to play for so I expect them to be well up for this one with the club currently in 4th place and 3 points inside the top four. I'm not sure I can separate these two teams at the moment though so will go for a draw and the City celebrations put on ice.

Draw @ 3.60 with SBK

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.71 with SportNation

In the final game of the day on Saturday we see Liverpool take on Southampton. The Reds are still somehow in the chase for top four and qualification for the Champions League but that task could be a lot harder by the time kick-off arrives if Chelsea beat Manchester City. The Saints seem to be in holiday mode with the club in 15th place and 10 points clear of relegation. Head coach Ralph Hasenhuttl will want his team to improve their current form of just 2 wins from their last 16 league games. Can they do it here? I think Jurgen Klopp's men might not be anywhere near their best but they'll still have enough to navigate past this challenge with relative ease.

Liverpool -1 @ 1.86 with RedZone

Liverpool HT/FT @ 1.91 with Novibet

Sunday Matches

The Premier League has four matches being played this Sunday with the schedule offering Wolves versus Brighton (12pm BST), Aston Villa versus Manchester United (2:05pm BST), West Ham versus Everton (4:30pm BST), and Arsenal versus West Brom (7pm BST). What will the outcomes of these games be and will they affect issues at either end of the table?

Wolves will be looking to end their season on a high after an inconsistent campaign. The team is in 12th place and can neither go up nor down. Nuno Espirito Santo has been linked with a number of job vacancies so you get the feeling he won't long be for the Wolves job. It's just 1 defeat from their last 4 league games but performances in their past 2 games have been lacking somewhat. Brighton are realistically safe in 14th place and 10 points clear of relegation with 4 league games to play. They can confirm it here with win and if they can repeat the display against Leeds then they could be worth the backing. I do feel Graham Potter's men will get at least a draw here. The last 4 encounters have ended in draws so it can't happen again... surely?!

Brighton to Win @ 2.34 with SBK

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.64 with SportNation

Aston Villa had been in danger of seeing their season flicker out into darkness but performances in their past two league games have been improved. Dean Smith's side are in 10th and only 6 points behind the Europa Conference League qualification spot with a game in hand. The draw at home to West Brom and the win away to Everton has given the team a renewed confidence. However, they face a Manchester United team that boast an unbeaten record away in the league and have just sealed their place in the Europa League Final with an anticipated Champions League qualification finish heading their way. I think the money has to go with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team. Especially because it's now 17 games undefeated in this fixture for the Red Devils.

Manchester United to Win @ 1.84 with SBK

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.76 with SportNation

The penultimate game on the Sunday will give two European chasing teams the chance to give their aspirations a massive boost. West Ham are aiming to close the gap on the top four to remain in the hunt for a coveted Champions League spot and Everton will be looking to claw their way back into Europa League contention. The 2-1 win away to Burnley was greatly needed for David Moyes and his men. However, Carlo Ancelotti has seen his team win just 1 of their last 7 league games but could still prove to be tricky opposition here having only lost 1 of their previous 4 league games. I anticipate a draw could be a solid bet here.

Draw @ 3.55 with Unibet

BTTS @ 1.80 with SportNation

In the final game on Sunday in the top flight of English football we see mid-table Arsenal take on a seemingly relegation-bound West Brom. If there is one game this weekend where the mood around the place could be described as depressing then it will be at the Emirates Stadium. Mikel Arteta is under fire once again for the team being in 9th place and being eliminated in the Europa League Semi-Finals by an Unai Emery-led Villarreal. European competition next season now looks against the odds for the Gunners. West Brom are on the brink of relegation down in 19th place and 10 points adrift with just 4 league games to play. Part of me anticipates a really dour 0-0 draw but I do think Arsenal should have enough to sneak this and confirm West Brom's return to the Championship.

Arsenal HT/FT @ 2.35 with SportNation

Arsenal -1 @ 2.55 with RedZone

Manchester City vs Chelsea

The hosts head to this game after booking a place in their first-ever Champions League finals. They managed to beat PSG in the second leg clash as well, and with a 4:1 aggregate win, book an encounter in the all-English finals against their upcoming rivals. Pep Guardiola’s side has been pretty dominant in the semi-finals tie, remaining in control of the game at Etihad Stadium. Phil Foden and the lads are very disciplined, as the Citizens conceded just once in the previous four games in all competitions. Manchester City is 13 points ahead of their local rivals United, and with potential three points from this match, they may secure the title. The hosts are full of confidence, and they want to continue their positive streak.

Chelsea was also successful in the Champions League semi-finals, beating Real Madrid with a 3:1 aggregate win. After a 1:1 draw in Spain, Thomas Tuchel’s side secured a 2:0 home win last Wednesday. After the German head coach took over the bench, the Blues play much more disciplined, although they haven’t been very clinical in front of the oppositions’ net. Chelsea sits in 4th place, and the away side wants to secure another Champions League ticket, regardless of the result in this edition’s finals. They are three points ahead of West Ham United, and the visitors missed the chance to win just once in the previous four Premier League rounds. They have been excellent on the road lately, and their unbeatable streak at the away grounds stretches to the last 11 games. Chelsea needs to fight for a positive result at Etihad Stadium to remain in the top four after this weekend.

Both sides head to this game full of confidence after their continental successes. We believe the visitors might remain undefeated, as this game is much more significant to them. Therefore, we will back Chelsea to pick up at least a point from this encounter.

Goals Market Prediction

Although both sides have been pretty tight in the back recently, we might see a bit more open clash this time. It means that both sides should be able to find the back of the net at least once in the game. The odds are pretty generous, so it’s worth a try.

Chelsea AH +0.5 @ 1.95

BTTS Yes @ 2.00

Correct score 2:2 @ 19.00

West Ham United vs Everton

After two straight defeats, the home side managed to get back on the winning track thanks to a 2:1 away win over Burnley. This victory kept the Hammers in the battle for the Champions League ticket, as they remained three points behind Chelsea. David Moyes’s side has been fairly productive this season with 55 goals scored, but their defense could have been tighter. Aaron Cresswell and the lads failed to keep their net intact on the previous seven occasions. However, West Ham has been excellent at the home ground, as they booked nine victories in 17 matches. The continental qualification seems to be a reality for the hosts, but they want to secure a place in the most famous competition – the Champions League.

Everton still hopes to snatch one of the Europa League spots, but the latest defeat against Aston Villa at home kept them in 8th place. The Toffees are two points behind their arch-rivals Liverpool but have one game in hand over most of the other contenders. However, Carlo Ancelotti’s side hasn’t performed well lately, as they celebrated just once in the previous five rounds. Dominic Calvert-Lewin and the lads have been doing well in front of the oppositions’ net, but their defense allowed more goals than expected. Everton lost too many vital points at the home ground, but they have been excellent on the road. The visitors managed to get back home with a win from ten outings, and Everton is among the best away sides in the Premier League. The visitors need to improve their performances to stay in the race for the Europa League spot.

It is going to be a tight clash, but West Ham United should be a bit closer to the victory. We believe the hosts will continue with excellent home displays and win crucial three points from this game.

Goals Market Prediction

West Ham has been involved in many high-scoring matches lately, and we believe they will continue in the same fashion. Everton will also search for a positive result in this encounter, and we might enjoy at least three goals in total in this match.

West Ham United to win @ 2.20

Over 2.5 FT @ 1.90

Correct score 2:1 @ 10.00

Michel Arteta will try to galvanize his players and return from the Europa League exclusion with a victory on Sunday to keep Arsenal's delicate hopes for European tickets alive. West Brom will be forced to relegate with a defeat, but we believe it could be exposed defensively, allowing the Cannonballs to secure all three points.

ARSENAL vs WEST BROMWICH ALBION @@ ARSENAL, odds 1.50

I was on the draw in the recent Leeds-ManU match and it finished 0-0. Unposted: It is a fact that when I post, I lose. Anyway, this is the sweet spot for ManU draws going back the dozen years I've been keeping track, 40% draws. This season they're 9-7-0 away, drawing against the top sides but also some of the likes of Palace and West Brom. There's undefeated and then there's winning roughly half your away matches. 3.97 is a good price, too.

Edited by allthethings

Fulham vs Burnley

Two of the relegation spots have now been confirmed in the Premier League with Sheffield United and West Brom set to return to the Championship next season but will we see the third and final drop zone place sealed here? It's Fulham versus Burnley at 8pm BST from Craven Cottage in a massive relegation dogfight where the home team need to avoid defeat to keep their hopes alive against an away team who are the team they must catch.

Fulham are in 18th place and 9 points adrift of safety with 4 league games to play. Scott Parker's team will be ruing their recent form having failed to win any of their last 6 league matches in a run that includes 5 defeats. Had they won just 2 of those then they'd still be right in the hunt for survival. Unfortunately, you feel even if they win here that it's just delaying the inevitable. A loss will confirm relegation and a draw will put them even more on the brink than they already are now. Defeat here would set an unwanted club record of 12 home league losses in a single season. Scoring goals has been a major problem for the Cottagers all season with the club only managing to hit the opposition net 9 times in their 17 home league games. The hope for Fulham fans is that the club are unbeaten against teams that start the round of games in the bottom 7 positions in the league table.

Burnley have a chance to end their relegation woes once and for all. It's generally been a disappointing campaign for Sean Dyche's team but they'll simply be happy to retain their status in the top flight. The job is nearly done but not quite. A loss here would make the final few league games of the season a little bit more nerve-wracking than they should be. The Clarets have lost 4 of their last 5 league games but their last away trip saw the 4-0 win over Wolves. Chris Wood is the man of the moment right now having been directly involved in 10 of the last 12 Burnley goals scored including scoring 7. Burnley have started scoring well on their travels banging in 12 goals in their last 6 away league matches. They have only won 1 of their 10 league games against teams that start the round of matches in the bottom 7 places.

I'm swaying towards a draw for this but I just can't help but feel that Fulham are shot. Even a win will just delay what we all think is coming anyway. Burnley have looked a bit livelier in recent weeks even if their results haven't matched the enthusiasm and effort. They have an in-form striker in Wood and when it comes to games like this that can make all the difference. Especially against a team that struggles to score at home. I think a Burnley draw no bet punt is the best option. Fulham may not be relegated tonight but they will be relegated.

Burnley Draw No Bet @ 2.46 with SBK

Anytime Scorer: Chris Wood @ 2.82 with SBK

5 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Anytime Scorer: Chris Wood @ 2.82 with SBK

May be on him myself but awaiting confirmed line ups. I think Burnley may seal Fulham's fate tonight and, if it's clear they're going to lose then there heads could drop. The bet that has appealed to me is buy Burnley's goal rush for 2.5 points at 13 with SPIN (0 for no goal then 10, 20, 33, 50, 70 and 100 up to 6+).

If they score exactly 2 I may regret not taking just over 2/1 for >1.5 goals but I'll take the spread route just in case my faint vision of Burnley scoring 4 or more comes to pass!

Manchester United vs Leicester City

The comeback kings did it again, and after trailing 1:0 in Birmingham against Aston Villa, Bruno Fernandes and the lads managed to book a 3:1 victory. Combined with Manchester City’s defeat against Chelsea, that one delayed the crowning of new Premier League champions. Manchester United is ten points behind their local rivals, having one game in hand. Although City still hasn’t theoretically secured the title, they are just one win away from it. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side eyes the Europa League trophy, and it will be challenging to keep the players fresh due to the tight schedule in May. The home side missed the chance to win just once in the previous seven Premier League rounds, and they want to continue the positive record. However, since the title chances are very slim, the hosts might make some changes in the standard line-up since winning the Europa League is the top priority.

After snatching just a point from the previous two rounds, Leicester City slipped to 4th place, being five points ahead of West Ham. Luckily for Brendan Rodgers’s side, the Hammers haven’t been too convincing lately, as they lost three times in the last four matches. Jamie Vardy and the lads want to keep the Champions League ticket in their hands, and they shouldn’t continue to spill points in the remaining three rounds. The Foxes have been excellent on the road this season, losing just two times on the away grounds. However, they managed to get back home with a win only twice from the last five outings. Leicester needs a much better display than the one against Newcastle United, who packed four goals in the Foxes’ net.

Although Manchester United is in a much better momentum, punters should be cautious with the idea of backing the hosts. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will most likely rotate, and combined with the importance of this game for the away side, Leicester might get away from Old Trafford with a point in their pockets.

Goals Market Prediction

Both teams have been involved in high-scoring matches lately, and they might continue in the same fashion. The Red Devils conceded five times in the last three games, while Leicester allowed one goal more. Therefore, we don’t think either side will keep the clean sheet in this encounter.

Draw @ 3.40

BTTS Yes @ 1.75

Correct score 2:2 @ 15.00

Manchester United vs Leicester

The midweek Premier League action continues on Tuesday night with a double header of action. It's Manchester United versus Leicester in a 6pm BST kick-off from Old Trafford where two teams competing to play Champions League football next season will go toe-to-toe. In another layer to this story, if the home team lose then their city rivals Manchester City will be crowned league champions.

Manchester United have got a busy schedule with their re-arranged clash with Liverpool scheduled for Thursday night. It's an obscene fixture list and leaves me wondering what sort of team Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will field tonight. The Red Devils are 2nd in the table and 10 points behind league leaders Manchester City but with Champions League secured you have to imagine that the club's focus is now entirely on the Europa League Final in two weeks. Harry Maguire is set to miss this game through injury. It's 14 league games undefeated for United. A key factor in the club's success this season has been their ability to come from behind to win points with the team having sealed 31 points in this manner. A potential shout for anytime scorer is Marcus Rashford who has bagged 5 goals against Leicester in his career.

Leicester have left themselves with a big challenge to confirm Champions League football next season. Brendan Rodgers and his team are in danger of letting that achievement slip at the final hurdle just like last season. The Foxes are in 4th place with just 3 league games to play with the team just 5 points ahead of 5th placed West Ham. Liverpool, Tottenham, and Everton are also waiting in the shadows to pounce if Leicester fail to win any of their last three tricky league games against United here then Chelsea and Tottenham. Jonny Evans will miss this game and that's a blow for the team. However, Leicester do boast one of the best away records in the league this season having suffered just 2 defeats on the road in league action. The team have scored in 15 of their last 17 away league matches. Striker Kelechi Iheanacho remains a fair tip for anytime scorer having scored 15 goals in his last 16 games in all competitions.

On the one hand, I'm thinking that in a battle between a home side that hasn't been as effective on their own patch as they have away, face fixture congestion, and have nothing to aim for in the league now Champions League is sealed and an away team that has everything to play for whilst boasting a superb away record there's only one team worth backing. I just feel that Leicester are bottling it slightly again. Manchester United are still in solid form in the league. I'm not sure I can call a winner so I'm going to back a draw given Leicester have only won 2 of the previous 29 league games against United.

Draw @ 3.50 with Novibet

Anytime Scorer: Kelechi Iheanacho @ 3.20 with SBK

Southampton vs Crystal Palace

The second game in the Premier League double header on Tuesday night is the 8:15pm BST kick-off between mid-table sides Southampton and Crystal Palace at St Mary's Stadium. Now that all three relegated spots have been taken by Sheffield United, West Brom, and Fulham there is not a lot riding on this game except pride so it'll be interesting to see how both sides approach it.

Southampton come into this game in 17th place and simply aiming to finish as high in the table as possible. Ralph Hasenhuttl will be disappointed with how this season has ended after it looked so encouraging earlier in the campaign. The Saints have only won 2 of their last 17 league games including failing to win any of their previous 4 matches in the league. Top scorer Danny Ings could return to first team action but it's not a certainty tonight. They will be desperately hoping Ings is fit having failed to win any of the last 8 games that he has missed. The club has earned the fewest amount of points in the top flight during 2021 with just 11 points gained. It's also now 7 home league games without keeping a clean sheet.

Crystal Palace are another team who will feel a little deflated with how this season has turned out after earlier highs in the campaign. Roy Hodgson's men are in 13th place but only 4 points ahead of their opponents for this game. The Eagles ended a 4-game winless run with their 2-0 win away to Sheffield United on the weekend. It was the first time the team had scored more than 1 goal in a game for 9 matches. There is optimism though with Palace needing 3 more wins to seal 50 points to record their highest ever Premier League points tally. It's a tall order though. Palace also have a terrible record of results in midweek having won just 1 of their last 10 Premier League games played during the middle of the week.

It's now 3 meetings in a row where Southampton have failed to beat Crystal Palace and you'd have to be a brave punter to back that run to end here. A lot will depend on the fitness of Ings but even if he plays some part he won't be at his sharpest. Palace have only won 1 of their last 10 visits to Southampton but I really wouldn't be surprised to see that record improve here.

Crystal Palace Draw No Bet @ 2.80 with Unibet

Anytime Scorer: Wilfried Zaha @ 3.55 with Unibet

19 hours ago, StefanBB said:

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will most likely rotate, and combined with the importance of this game for the away side, Leicester might get away from Old Trafford with a point in their pockets.

He's certainly not stinted on the rotation front! When I saw how much the prices had moved I was inclined to back United. When I saw the line ups I decided there were better homes for my money!

Greenwood's up front and clearly United's most likely scorer. I've had 16 points on him to score at 4.2 on BF (having just missed the 16/5 with PP).

I've had 20 points on him, Vardy and Iheanacho all having a shot on target at 5/2 Hills and 10 on Iheanacho and United both to score at 7/2 with Lads (both being examples of "super boost" prices that strike me as being boosted into value).

I've added 20 points on Man U >20 booking points at 3/1 PP.

A standout price for that line (more typically 9/4) and I can see a mixture of players trying to impress and, perhaps, struggling at times against a decent Leicester attack, getting it over the line. Williams carded at 11/4 365 looks decent but barely worth it at the stake allowed.

Chelsea vs Arsenal

The home side’s five matches without a defeat in the Premier League launched them to 3rd place, being six points ahead of West Ham. Thomas Tuchel’s side managed to secure a place in the FA Cup and the Champions League finals. After the German manager took over the bench, the Blues started to play much more disciplined. Although Chelsea scored more than twice in a match on very few occasions, their defense has been tough to beat. The hosts head to this game after three straight wins, and the latest one came against Manchester City. Despite trailing 1:0 at halftime, Hakim Ziyech and the lads managed to turn around the result and celebrate a 2:1 victory. Another derby match is ahead of them, and they can seal the Champions League ticket for the next season with a potential win in this one.

On the other hand, Arsenal cannot be proud of the current campaign. The Gunners sit in a disappointing 9th place, being four points behind Tottenham, who currently holds the last continental ticket. Mikel Arteta’s side hopes to secure the Europa Conference League spot, at least, but they need to be more confident in the finish of the season. Pierre Aubameyang and the lads celebrated twice in a row in the Premier League, but they blew all chances for securing a Champions League qualification after losing to Villarreal. Arsenal was just one step away from the Europa League finals, but an abysmal display against the Spanish side at Emirates Stadium ended all their hopes. Despite being average on the road this season, the Gunners haven’t lost at the away grounds five times in a row. They need a perfect finish of the season to get a chance to play continental football in Autumn.

Chelsea is in a much better momentum, and the hosts want to secure a place in the top four. Arsenal hasn’t celebrated at Stamford Bridge since 2011 and managed to remain undefeated only three times since then. We believe the Blues will meet the expectations and keep up where they left off.

Goals Market Prediction

Although their last three encounters at Stamford Bridge were very efficient, we think Chelsea will put another disciplined performance. The hosts conceded only twice in the previous seven games in all competitions, and we think they might keep the clean sheet once again.

Chelsea to win @ 1.70

BTTS No @ 1.80

Correct score 2:0 @ 8.00

Chelsea vs Arsenal

The Premier League offers up a massive game tonight as the race for the Champions League could take a big twist as Champions League and FA Cup finalists Chelsea look to consolidate their position in the top four against an under-performing Arsenal side in an 8:15pm BST kick-off at Stamford Bridge. Is this ending in any other way than a win for the home team?

Chelsea are on the verge of a season to remember and they could take a big step to fulfilling their ambition of a top four finish in the league this season here. The Blues are in 4th place and could move 9 points inside the Champions League qualification spots with a win. Head coach Thomas Tuchel has done a brilliant job since he came in. The team have lost just 2 of their 25 matches across all competitions with the German in charge. An FA Cup Final with Leicester awaits on Saturday so it'll be interesting to see how much Tuchel tinkers with his starting XI. It's now 12 games without a loss. The club has also achieved a joint division-high of 18 clean sheets this season.

Arsenal fans have already been stating they not only want Stan Kroenke gone but they want Mikel Arteta to follow him out of the club. The Gunners suffered elimination from the Europa League Semi-Finals last week at the hands of Villarreal and their former gaffer Unai Emery. The team is also down in 9th place and face an uphill battle to qualify for European competition this season. That being said, it is just 1 loss from their last 6 league games including back-to-back victories. They are also unbeaten in their last 5 away matches in the league.

I would usually be backing Chelsea to get a club record 8th London derby win of the season but the FA Cup Final on the weekend could put a spanner in the works. Arsenal are also picking up results but their opposition haven't exactly been the strongest with all due respect. I think the way Chelsea are playing right now it's hard to bet against them and even though I'm wary Arsenal could sneak a draw I just can't bring myself to back such an inconsistent team.

Chelsea to Win @ 1.85 with VBet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.83 with SBK

Manchester United vs Liverpool

A tight schedule forced Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to mix the starting lineup, and he mainly fielded backup players against Leicester City on Tuesday. It resulted in a 2:1 defeat that broke the Red Devils’ unbeatable streak. Still, the hosts remained 2nd, being four points ahead of the Fixed, and with one game in hand. One victory will seal their runners-up spot, and the hosts want to get the job done against the fierce rivals. Therefore, we can expect Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford, and other leading players back in the squad for the clash against the Reds. With three points from this encounter, Manchester United can begin preparations for the Europa League finals, as they eye for another title. We should see a totally different approach in this clash, as Man Utd doesn’t want to give away points to their arch-rivals.

Liverpool struggles to secure the continental spot, as they sit in 6th place, being just one point ahead of Tottenham and two in front of Everton. However, Jurgen Klopp’s side managed to get back on the winning track after two straight draws. The visitors spilled too many vital points, and they don’t have the right for more mistakes. Mo Salah and Sadio Mane should improve their partnership in the final third to increase Liverpool’s chances of getting something from Old Trafford. The away side hopes for another excellent display on the road, as they picked up ten points from the last four outings. As the Champions League qualification is far from their reach, the Europa League spot is more realistic. Liverpool should put their best performances in the remaining four games.

Manchester United should put back their best players on the pitch in this match, and they had enough time to prepare for this encounter. Although three points would be much more important for Liverpool, United will try to make things more difficult for their fierce rivals. Therefore, we don’t think the Reds will celebrate at the Theater of Dreams.

Goals Market Prediction

Liverpool should aim for all three points, and they cannot win if they don’t implement the attacking approach in this clash. Manchester United has also been pretty productive lately, and we don’t think either side will manage to keep the clean sheet.

Manchester United AH +0.25 @ 1.80

BTTS Yes @ 1.60

Correct score 1:1 @ 8.00

Aston Villa vs Everton

The Premier League gives us another double header tonight due to fixtures re-scheduling and the first of those two games is a 6pm BST kick-off between two mid-table sides in Aston Villa and Everton at Villa Park. Hopes of qualifying for Europe might have all but died for the home team but they take on a travelling side who will very much feel they are still in the hunt for a Europa League spot.

Aston Villa continue to see their season dwindle to a close without the influential Jack Grealish in their side. The Lions are down in 11th place after just 2 wins from their last 12 league matches. That run has coincidentally occurred in sync with Grealish's absence but Dean Smith has said the attacker could be involved to some degree in this game. Unfortunately, top scorer Ollie Watkins is serving a one-match ban after his red card on the weekend against Manchester United. The team has now lost half of their 20 league games in 2021 with only Sheffield United and Southampton possessing a worse record. Home form continues to be a bit of a curse with the club losing 8 of their 17 home league games so far. Only Sheffield United and Fulham have lost more games at home. It's also now 8 league matches without a clean sheet for the team.

Everton are starting to re-discover the resilience that propelled them to the top of the table earlier this season. Carlo Ancelotti's men are in 9th place and still only 9 points off the Champions League qualification places with 2 games in hand on 4th placed Chelsea. Surely they can't gate crash that party?! Yes, the Europa League is the more realistic target but who knows if they win those two games spare? It's just 1 loss in their last 6 league games but that single defeat was in this reverse fixture just the other week. Away form has been a highlight of the season for the Toffees with the team having won 36 of their 55 points on the road. Midweek form has also been decent with Everton unbeaten in their last 5 midweek away league games. It's now 3 away league games in a row where the team have kept clean sheets but they'll need to do it in this one without centre back Yerry Mina who is injured.

It may have been just a couple of weeks since these two teams last met but their respective home and away form suggests we could see a different story to the 2-1 win for Aston Villa that we witnessed then. Everton are a much more dangerous proposition away from Goodison Park. Their form is improving and they look a lot tougher to beat. Dominic Calvert-Lewin has started to score again and with Villa struggling to pick up wins I think the away side are worth backing here.

Everton Draw No Bet @ 1.83 with SBK

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.04 with SBK

Manchester United vs Liverpool

The big game in the midweek Premier League fixtures has to be this re-arranged clash between rivals Manchester United and Liverpool in an 8:15pm BST kick-off at Old Trafford. This match had to be re-scheduled after the original encounter was postponed last week due to fan protests over the failed proposals of the European Super League. It's a huge match-up for both teams.

Manchester United are suffering from a major case of fixture congestion having played on Thursday in the Europa League against Roma, Sunday against Aston Villa in the Premier League, Tuesday versus Leicester in the league, and now Liverpool in this game. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer came under fire from some quarters for fielding a heavily rotated squad in the game against Leicester but, in my opinion, he has my full sympathy over a packed fixture schedule that he had no control over. The Red Devils are expected to field their strongest side here but you have to question how much even the smallest involvement of key players two days ago will impact on their fitness. The team remains in 2nd but the loss to Leicester gifted their local rivals Manchester City the league title. They have also now lost 5 league games at home this season which is as many as the last two seasons combined. Disconcertingly, Solskjaer is yet to notch up a win against Liverpool.

Liverpool know this game brings a lot of pressure. Not only are there bragging rights at stake for both teams but the Reds are down in 6th place and 7 points behind the Champions League qualification places with 2 games in hand on 4th placed Chelsea. Failure to win this game will almost certain condemn Jurgen Klopp's men to the Europa League at best next season. A victory will re-open the gateway to compete at European football's top table next season. The team is now unbeaten in their last 6 league games including winning 4 of those games. They have also won 5 of their last 7 away league fixtures. Klopp has failed to win any of his six visits away to Manchester United so maybe Solskjaer's poor record against Liverpool won't be as critical as we think.

Well, this is a tricky one to call. Manchester United will fancy their chances here to end Liverpool's faint hopes of qualifying for the Champions League but their home form hasn't been anywhere near as good as their away form. Liverpool are beginning to look like a dangerous team once again which bodes well for next season if they can get Virgil Van Dijk back fit and to his best again. I'm going to actually back this to end in a draw. I think Liverpool needing to go for the win will play into United's hands due to their counter attacking play and the only way Liverpool will prevent being suckerpunched will be to adopt a slightly more cautious approach.

Draw @ 3.75 with Novibet

BTTS @ 1.60 with Betway