** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat Friday 19th February

Just starting off the thread in case it helps someone

As reported last night I have had £5 to win on Rockstar Ronnie at 3.40 in the 1.20 Kelso, currently around 15/8 to 2/1.  The Skelton's are in such good form at the moment it seems folly to ignore them.  Malpas is strong in the market but it wasn't fluent last time out and fell at the last.  Methinks it won't get away with such errors around Kelso that boasts the highest casualty rate in the country.  Alright Sunshine could run very well too for Keith Dalgleish but has been off a long time over the jumps.

Back later

A poor day's racing to my eyes.

I like the angle of the Johnny Farrelley trained AND THE NOW in the 2.30 Lingfield. Last seen bolting up in a 2m 4f heavy ground handicap hurdle at Wincanton at the beginning of the month. Obviously that compared with 2m around Lingfield on the polytrack here are two completely different tests but he's so well handicapped back on the level that surely he's got be worth a bet. Currently rated 140 over hurdles he returns here off of only 67 (I've always taken 40lb from NH mark to get a comparable flat mark). He's easy to back with all the money coming for Ivaquestion (mainly due to Hugh Taylor selecting?).

27 minutes ago, The Brigadier said:

A poor day's racing to my eyes.

I like the angle of the Johnny Farrelley trained AND THE NOW in the 2.30 Lingfield. Last seen bolting up in a 2m 4f heavy ground handicap hurdle at Wincanton at the beginning of the month. Obviously that compared with 2m around Lingfield on the polytrack here are two completely different tests but he's so well handicapped back on the level that surely he's got be worth a bet. Currently rated 140 over hurdles he returns here off of only 67 (I've always taken 40lb from NH mark to get a comparable flat mark). He's easy to back with all the money coming for Ivaquestion (mainly due to Hugh Taylor selecting?).

Have to agree about poor racing .

Big fields don't make a great race but 

Kelso 150 ( 3 runners )

Lingfield 100 ( 3 runners )130 ( 4 runners ) 200 ( 2 runners ) 

Fakenham total runners including non runners 45 over 7 races & 9 of those in hunter chase.

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

Just starting off the thread in case it helps someone

As reported last night I have had £5 to win on Rockstar Ronnie at 3.40 in the 1.20 Kelso, currently around 15/8 to 2/1.  The Skelton's are in such good form at the moment it seems folly to ignore them.  Malpas is strong in the market but it wasn't fluent last time out and fell at the last.  Methinks it won't get away with such errors around Kelso that boasts the highest casualty rate in the country.  Alright Sunshine could run very well too for Keith Dalgleish but has been off a long time over the jumps.

Back later

I was tempted to back Attracted at 6/4 on the 2.00 at Lingfield; however, Big Impression has remained so strong in the market that I have been put off

I have had a £3 win on Professor Galant at 5.3 = a profit  of £12.64 if it wins.  Top Timeform rated and second top rated RPR; has experience at Southwell whilst Tributo lacks it.  Exalted Leader is usually ridden by Kevin Stott so nothing out of the ordinary there.  Seems worth a punt.

I haven't really looked at the handicap races properly today and don't know if I will make time to do so.

Playing a tactical game in the Naps comp by not making a selection so as to try and qualify for the KO cup this month ?

Good luck to all punting today

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

I was tempted to back Attracted at 6/4 on the 2.00 at Lingfield; however, Big Impression has remained so strong in the market that I have been put off

I have had a £3 win on Professor Galant at 5.3 = a profit  of £12.64 if it wins.  Top Timeform rated and second top rated RPR; has experience at Southwell whilst Tributo lacks it.  Exalted Leader is usually ridden by Kevin Stott so nothing out of the ordinary there.  Seems worth a punt.

I haven't really looked at the handicap races properly today and don't know if I will make time to do so.

Playing a tactical game in the Naps comp by not making a selection so as to try and qualify for the KO cup this month ?

Good luck to all punting today

RESULTS UPDATE

The Skeltons did the business today but Professor Galant didn't win.  = a net profit of £8.76.  My new balance is £550.09 (Bank £500).  Let's hope that I can extend it.

Some very interesting races tomorrow at Ascot and Haydock.  I have to go out early so hope that I can get back in time to check them out

On 2/20/2021 at 12:28 AM, MCLARKE said:

Those that backed PROTEKTORAT at 1/2 might disagree !

Haha, and there was me wishing I had done a £2 Trixie on Midnight River 5/4, Captain chaos 10/1 and Shannon Bridge 12/1 at Ascot Yesterday.  Despite this phenominal success one always has to be mindful of whether one gets value at very short prices ?