** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Division 2 - Final Week 8 Selections

The obvious thing to do this week is take Liverpool at the published odds of even money against Aston Villa, but that doesn't feel right to me so I'll look elsewhere.

Man City v Birmingham (1) 1.14

Chelsea v Morecambe (1) 1.07

PSG v Brest (1) 1.14

10pt treble

Edited by Torque
Added stake

5 hours ago, Torque said:

The obvious thing to do this week is take Liverpool at the published odds of even money against Aston Villa, but that doesn't feel right to me so I'll look elsewhere.

Man City v Birmingham (1) 1.14

Chelsea v Morecambe (1) 1.07

PSG v Brest (1) 1.14

10pt treble

It's absolutely fine to take the value in those odds if you wish, join the rest of us! At least this week everyone has to pick a different combination.  I guess the odds movement over the course of the week after I grab them on Tuesday isn't always so obvious, but there also are a few which have moved substantially the other way too this week.

1 hour ago, avongirl said:

It's absolutely fine to take the value in those odds if you wish, join the rest of us! At least this week everyone has to pick a different combination.  I guess the odds movement over the course of the week after I grab them on Tuesday isn't always so obvious, but there also are a few which have moved substantially the other way too this week.

Of course the odds move but generally not by all that much and so it doesn't make a lot of difference that the odds sheets are posted way in advance, but the Liverpool match is something else. Each to their own, but backing Liverpool at evens feels like taking advantage of a loophole to me.