** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

PDC World Championships 2021

Fader

Before we even get to Adrian Lewis’ performance there (what a difference a decade makes)........

Professional players who don’t count correctly, or don’t play the percentages correctly, DRIVE ME UP THE WALL. It shouldn’t even be a decision. They should know, and go for, the correct percentage shot in any given situation.

Lewis got too caught up in wanting to act like ‘Billy Big B*ll*cks’ and match his opponent’s 170 checkout, when all day long he should have been planting a dart in 10 or 18, and coming back to three clear darts at a double. I hate all this nonsense that some of the commentators come out with ‘if the checkout is there, go for it,’ or ‘go for it to get some kind of psychological edge,’ or ‘go for it to spark your performance into life.’ None of those statements or reasons justify taking on unnecessary bull finishes.

Lewis has potentially cost himself the match by throwing at an unnecessary bull finish. I can’t believe the number of players we see do this. They must realise how small the margins between success and failure are. Every little percentage advantage is vital. I can’t believe how often they let their egos come before common sense and correct decision making. So unprofessional.

Ugh, Lewis was utter dross. Can't even be bothered. You're right. Countess times you see somebody on 25 from a missed bull miss the 2 darts at a double after the other play pressures with a big score. Shouldn't even be an argument. 

evening session :

D. Noppert Vs C. Carolissen
D. Petersen Vs S. Lennon

R. Cross Vs D. Van Duijvenbode
D. Van Den Bergh Vs P Lim

Not a whole lot of time for a decent preview of tonight's action. I'm going to take Lennon as an outsiders bet tonight. Petersen has been brilliant this year but I think he may struggle with doubles tonight and Lennon looked plenty good enough in his last round. Lennon has won both head-2-heads too.  Although only one was in the last year. I'm going to take Petersen to win the 180 battle but Lennon to come through.

I expect Van Den Bergh to come through with ease and much the same from Noppert. The Cross match could be a close one. I'll hope for Dirk for my quarter bet.

5pts D. Noppert to win, most 180s and highest checkout evens paddypower
1.5pts Van Den Bergh, Van Duijvenbode and Lennon to win 7/1 paddypower
2pts S. Lennon to win and both players to hit 4 180s 8/1 paddypower
2pt Noppert to win/most 180s/highest checkout, van den bergh to win/most 180s/highest checkout & Over 8.5 180s Petersen Vs Lennon 5.5/1 paddypower

Not the best day, yesterday. Good to see Van Den Bergh and Van Duijvenbode both perform though. -13.5pts

It's a hard one to call today in alot of the matches. Here is the first session :

R. Evans Vs M. Mansell
G. Anderson Vs M. Razma
S. Bunting Vs A. Boulton
M. Suljovic Vs M. Edgar

The Evans/Mansell match could go either way. You would have to think Gary wins even with an injury. I will take Anderson to win. Bunting/Boulton could also be a close one but you would think Bunting comes through with the scoring. Even though he can be abit erratic. Suljovic should also come through although we've seen some shocking performances from Mensur recently.

2pts Anderson, Bunting, Suljovic and Evans all to win 5/1 paddypower
1.5pts G.Anderson to win 3-0. Hit 3+ 180s and a 120+ checkout 7/1 skybet

5/1 comes in. The 7/1 was close. Anderson got the checkout and 180s but only won 3-1. +8.5pts

evening session line-up. The final four matches of Round 2 :

D. Chisnall Vs K. Brown
J. Wattimena Vs N. Kenny
N. Aspinall Vs S. Waites
M. Smith Vs J. Lowe

If Keegan Brown plays like he did in the last round then Chizzy will have a match on his hands. Chizzy is always vulnerable to doubling issues. I would fancy Wattimena to come through against Kenny. Aspinall Vs Waites could be match of the day. i was very impressed with Waites in the last round and Asp in coming into this fresh. I can't see anything less than 4/5 sets there. Finally, I expect Smith to come through. That's a good opponent for him.

3pts N.Aspinall, M.Smith and D.Chisnall to win to win 2/1
4pts 9 or more 100+ checkouts in tonight's session 6/4 paddypower
1.5pts accy - Chizzy win and most 180s / Kenny most 180s and LOSE match / Aspinall Vs Waites (over 8.5 180s) / Smith win and most 180s 10/1 paddypower

PDC World Champs bets +18.5pts
Darts 2020 +140.5pts

about right. Every bet coming in until Smith walks up. Is there a mentally weaker player of any sport in the world? he's abit of a joke and he'll never EVER win the Worlds. Mark my words. +1.5pts for the evening. Should have been 20+ points tonight. Cheers Smith. Weak!

Have a lovely Christmas everybody. Back on 27th December.

PDC World Champs bets +20pts
Darts 2020 +142pts

More 3rd round Darts today. First session, in an hour :

K. Ratajski Vs S. Whitlock
K. Huybrechts Vs R. Searle
D. Van Den Bergh Vs J. Wattimena

You couldn't really have a closer couple of matches to start with. Ratajski was excellent in his last round match. Whitlock is scoring aswell as ever but I still feel like his doubling can let him down at critical moments. I would give the edge to Ratjaski but Whitlock should hit more 180s. Huybrechts should hit more 180s than Seale too but I still can't fully trust Huybrechts. I like Searle to win with Kim most 180s. Wattimena could really danger Van Den Bergh. Van Den Bergh tends to play amazing in the first round or two and then have a dodgy one. 

2pts Van Den Bergh. Ratajski and Seale all to win 7/2 betfair
2pts S Whitlock most 180s and lose the match 6/4 paddypower
2.5pts K.Huybrechts most 180s and lose the match 13/5 paddypower
--------------------------
0.5pts Each player to hit 2+ 100 checkouts in the session 125/1 skybet
0.5pts Each match in the session to go to a deciding set 50/1 skybet

1pt Van Den Bergh to win 4-0 or 4-1. Ratjaksi and Searle to win 4-2 or 4-3 14/1 skybet

The treble comes in. Whitlock bet comes in but Huybrechts never got going with the scoring. +5.5pts. Evening session:

J. Cullen Vs J. Clayton
P. Wright Vs G. Clemens
MVG Vs R. Evans

Session gets underway with Cullen taking on Clayton. Clayton has actually beaten Joe twice already in 2020. 10-4 and 6-5. Cullen has won the previous 4. Cullen beat Wayne Jones with a close to 95 average, whilst Clayton labored to beat Hendo with an average around just 90. Winner of this plays MVG. I think it's a real 50/50. Wright takes on Clemens in the next match. Wright just doesn't look comfortable so far, for me. If he wins this then he is going to have to play Ratajski next up and that's going to be a hard match for him, on current form. A 92.60 average to beat West was far from impressive. Clemens meanwhile hit over 95 average in beating Nico Kurz. It could be closer than anticipated. Finally MVG takes on Ricky Evans. I think MVG wins that one with ease. Evans improved after a dodgy start but it was mainly because he didn't have anybody coming back at it. MVG's 109 average in the last round was very impressive. I can see the match being 4-0/4-1.

3pts MVG, Cullen and Wright to win 2/1 paddypower
2pts MVG to win the match, highest checkout and most 180s 5/2 paddypower
2pts G. Clemens to beat P. Wright 5/2 paddypower
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts Cullen to win, most 180s and highest checkout / Clemens to beat Wright / MVG to win match, most 180s and highest checkout 50/1 paddypower

PDC World Champs bets +25.5pts
Darts 2020 +147.50pts

Tomorrow's 1st session :

J. De Sousa Vs M. King
D. Van Duijvenbode Vs A. Hunt
N. Aspinall Vs V. Van Der Voort

Jose De Sousa kicks off the session with a hard task against Merv King. King hit a near 100 average in his win over Max Hopp but will most certainly not have things his own way against Jose. De Sousa himself hit a 94 average. Not the greatest of averages but it was his first win up on the big stage here after many poor results. He has a nice draw in this tournament, having Hopp, King, Price and potentially Aspinall to make a major Semi-final. he just needs to bring his standard game.

Van Duijvenbode also has a lovely draw. He now has to beat Hunt, Durrant and Anderson/Suljovic/Devon Petersen to win the quarter. Tipped up from the start. Finally, Aspinall takes on Van Der Voort. This match could be closer than what people expect. Van Der Voort is underrated and Aspinall will need to have his head in the game from the off.

Single match bets to come in the morning but for now the treble looks a good price.

4pts Aspinall, Van Duijvenbode & De Sousa to win 2/1 skybet

-8pts for the afternoon. Would have been ok if Aspinall wasn't so rubbish. De Sousa and Aspinall both out hurts. De Sousa couldn't have done much more as King just turned up but Aspinall was embarrassing. Evening sesh :

G. Anderson Vs M. Suljovic
G. Price Vs B. Dolan

G. Durrant Vs D. Baggish

I feel like the upsets could keep on going tonight. I reckon Gary and Glen are both vulnerable tonight. It really depends if they turn up and product their prior results. I'll take Mensur to beat Anderson and I'm also going to go for the match treble. I'm not sure Gary is scoring like he normally does and I also think Mensur is checking out bigger numbers than Gary. In the final match, I'll take Baggish as a punt. I think Durrant looks really poor right now and my only fear really is Danny bottling it near the end.

2pts Anderson, Price and Baggish to win 6/1 paddypower
2pts M. Suljovic to beat G.Anderson, most 180s and highest checkout 6/1 skybet
1.5pts D. Baggish to beat G. Durrant, most 180s and highest checkout 12/1 skybet
1pt G. Durrant to win 4-3 6/1 skybet
0.5pt accy - Baggish to win / Price to win match, most 180s and highest checkout / Suljovic to win match, most 180s and highest checkout 40/1 paddypower

5.5pts chisnall to win and most 180s 8/11 paddypower 
4pts Cullen most 180s and lose match evens
2.5pts Clemens beat ratajski 7/5 paddypower 
chisnall most 180s and win. Cullen most 180s and lose. Clemens most 180s and win treble 11/1 paddypower 
1pt Chisnall, clemens and mvg to win. Hit 4 180s each and 2 plus 100+ checkouts 33/1 sky bet 

So many darts to win it for Clemens. He was leading the 180s too and would have hit the 11/1 treble. Must have had about 8 match darts there. Some brilliant matches over the last day or two and none more so than Cullen hitting 19 180s and having two match darts. Such a shame for him but MVG looks the most likely right now. We complete the 4th round tonight with this lineup. 1st session :

V. Van Der Voort Vs D. Gurney
S. Bunting Vs R. Searle
D. Petersen Vs G. Anderson

Van Der Voort beat Gurney in the Match-play back in July but Gurney looks to be back to some of his best form right now and despite Van Der Voort beating Aspinall, I think Gurney should come through here. Aspinall was terrible and despite Van Der Voort smashing the first set with a 110 odd average, his overall average at the end of the match was just under 94. Gurney was excellent against Dobey and averaged over 101.His average over the last two matches has been 100 compared to Vincent's 94.63.

After that match, we have Bunting, who beat a bang out of form Wade, against Ryan Searle. Searle has won 3 matches up there now but it was only his first match that was really impressive. He hit a 98 average in that but has hit averages of 92.72 and 91.79 since. You get the feeling it's because he hasn't been pushed and he would probably raise his game to the other player. Bunting has struggled with doubles but his average has been a consistent 93 throughout. I think Searle comes out of that match. His scoring will be better than Wades and that will only put more pressure on the doubling from Bunting.

Finally, Petersen takes on Anderson. Petersen blitzed Lowe in the last round and hit 11 180s along the way but his average was just 91.55. He has had a nice draw so far and his win over Lennon was just 89. It's hard to know if his game would raise with a better opponent here but Gary will surely test that theory. Gary has won all the head-to-heads but they have been a while ago. The only thing we can guarantee in the match is 180s really. I get the feeling we'll see a host of missed doubles from both but mainly from Devon, who on the big stage seems to struggle alot more.

5.5pts Over 15.5 180s - D. Petersen Vs G. Anderson 8/11 paddypower
2pts V. Van Der Voort to get the most 180s and lose the match 5/2 paddypower
2pts R. Searle to hit the most 180s and win the match 8/5 paddypower
2pts G. Anderson, R. Searle and D. Gurney to win 7/2 skybet
2pts G. Anderson to beat D. Petersen 4-3 13/2 paddypower
1pt Each player to hit 6+ 180s in the afternoon session 11/1 paddypower

PDC World Champs bets +18.50pts
Darts 2020 +140.50pts

Cheers, Searle. 2-0 up in the final set and loses to somebody as average as Bunting. Nightmare session for me. All going abit south at the moment. tonight's session.

Van Duijvenbode Vs Durrant
Price Vs King
Chisnall Vs Van Den Bergh

I like my final two outrights tonight (so they'll both go out) I think Van Duijvenbode has been 10x better than Durrant in this tournament and I am just hoping he plays like he has been and doesn't freeze like Searle seemed to earlier and Devon. I think he scores more 180s than Durrant either way. If King plays like he did in his prior match he could easily beat Price but I can't see him doing that. Van Den Bergh should beat Chisnall but no value

2.5pts Van Duijvenbode to beat Durrant and most 180s 7/5 paddypower
2pts Van Duijvenbode, King and Van Den Bergh 15/2 paddypower
1pt Van Duijvenbode to win and most 180s / Chisnall most 180s and lose match / Price win and most 180s 16/1 paddypower

Not sure about everything yet. I have seen bunting for most 180s but I was not planning to play that. I see van duijvenbode hit most 180s. Perhaps also chisnall but he had a hard game 2 days ago... also mvg seems to hit the 180s more than his average

Ratajski to beat Bunting at 1.5 with bet365

Anderson to beat Van Duijvenbode at 1.8 with bet365 

Gurney to beat Price at 3.00 with bet365

MvG to beat Chisnall at 1.2 with bet365

Gurney is definitely back to his best form so I can see him beating Price today. Ratajski is way better than Bunting so he should come through here. Anderson ? vD hmm obviously both very good players, but in the end I believe Gary will prevail somehow. Not much to say about MvG, he's the clear favorite to win the whole thing, let alone tonight's match against Chisnall.

Wishing everyone a happy new year, health and happiness to all of you guys. 

IMG-20201218-WA0000.jpg

There wasn't much I liked in the first two matches. I fancied Anderson but I had an outright quarter bet with Van Duijvenbode, so I left it alone. Once it went 1-1 in sets, Van Duijvenbode gave up. Bit poor really. Experience really does mean alot in the latter stages of these events. That's what makes Rob Cross's win all that more impressive in his debut year.

Would love to see Gurney win this now, I must admit. I think he is playing some real solid stuff and I give him a chance tonight. Chisnall has a chance too if he can score like he did the last round but ofcourse he wont. No doubt he'll bottle it. 

3pts D. Gurney to beat G. Price 2/1 bet365
3pts D. Chisnall to get most 180s and lose match evens paddypower
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.5pt outsider bet -  Chisnall to win match, most 180s and highest checkout / Gurney to win match and most 180s 401/ paddypower
1pt double - Chisnall most 180s and lose / Gurney most 180s and lose 5.2/1 paddypower

Semi-finals tonight. Chizzy Vs Anderson and Bunting taking on Price.

I'm going Price and Chizzy tonight. I've just been waiting for the obligatory Chizzy bottle to go but he has now had two world class performances and if he performs to a 100 average then I think he wins this one. He's going to hit the most 180s tonight and so I'll take him to win and hit the most 180s. In the other match, Bunting should push Price tonight. I was tempting to go with the handicap on Bunting but I'm going to take a punt on him coming through.

I think it's worth taking the 9/1 on bunting to outscore price but lose too. The 6/1 on offer for the double looks big if both perform to their capability but ofcourse we don't know if that's going to happen

3pts Bunting and Chisnall to both win 6/1 paddypower
3pts Chizzy to win and most 180s evens paddypower
2pts Bunting most 180s and highest checkout and LOSE match 9/1 paddypower

On 1/1/2021 at 12:57 AM, owenclass said:

Tough matches to bet on

20 minutes ago, Fader said:

Semi-finals tonight. Chizzy Vs Anderson and Bunting taking on Price.

I'm going Price and Chizzy tonight. I've just been waiting for the obligatory Chizzy bottle to go but he has now had two world class performances and if he performs to a 100 average then I think he wins this one. He's going to hit the most 180s tonight and so I'll take him to win and hit the most 180s. In the other match, Bunting should push Price tonight. I was tempting to go with the handicap on Bunting but I'm going to take a punt on him coming through.

I think it's worth taking the 9/1 on bunting to outscore price but lose too. The 6/1 on offer for the double looks big if both perform to their capability but ofcourse we don't know if that's going to happen

3pts Bunting and Chisnall to both win 6/1 paddypower
3pts Chizzy to win and most 180s evens paddypower
2pts Bunting most 180s and highest checkout and LOSE match 9/1 paddypower

Tend to agree but I see price taking out a higher checkout... he always score a 140+ as far as I remember and Bunting seems more shaky there . 

17 minutes ago, inavacuum said:

I don’t fancy Bunting to beat Price - Bunting versus Chisnall would not be the final the PDC World Champioship deserves - that’s more of a BDO-level final. Two high-scoring bottlers.

I don’t mind Dave Chisnall making the final, but surely not the pair of them!

On the other hand, I would hate it if Gerwyn Price ever won the World Championship, so I’ve not got many satisfactory outcomes available here!

Don't worry, Gary Anderson will lift the trophy ? 

17 minutes ago, inavacuum said:

Good shout, I hope you had money on it!

Please, please, PLEASE let Anderson beat Price tomorrow. I don’t remember ever disliking any other sportsperson more than I dislike Gerwyn Price.

Thanks, I had placed a 40€ bet on both guys to win. 

1 hour ago, Torpedo Ted said:

Did somebody get banned from the forum for slagging off Gerwyn Price?!! ?

everybody would be banned. haha.

I'll be taking Anderson tonight. I am going to look at more elaborate bets in terms of finishes and 180s but for now it's a simple bet on Anderson. He has more experience here and I think Price will feel it when we get to the final few sets.

5pts G.Anderson to beat G.Price 11/10 bet365

1.5pts Both players to hit 15+ 180s each and both to hit 4+ 100+ checkouts 20/1 skybet
1pt each player to hit 5+ 100+ checkouts 16/1 skybet
0.5pts 10+ sets. Both players to checkout exactly 121. 4+ BULL finishes. and highest checkout 140+ 100/1 skybet