Premier League Predictions > Dec 4th - 7th

Burnley vs Everton

The absence of a Friday night game after the postponement of Aston Villa versus Newcastle means we have to wait until 12:30pm GMT on Saturday lunchtime before we can get our first dose of Premier League action this weekend. It's Burnley versus Everton at Turf Moor and with both teams experiencing patch form at best lately this will be a game that neither will want to lose.

Burnley have struggled from the very first day of the season. It had looked like Sean Dyche's team had turned a corner after ending a winless run with a 1-0 home win over Crystal Palace. Unfortunately, that was followed up by the seemingly now traditional pounding by Manchester City last weekend. The Clarets are still down in 19th place but could move out of the relegation zone with a victory here. Goalkeeper Nick Pope is back in contention though after missing the City game with concussion. Worryingly, Burnley have only earned points against teams placed 15th or lower this season. Scoring goals is still the issue for Burnley with the team only managing 2 goals in their last 8 league matches.

Everton had started the season well but their form is on a concerning downward spiral. Carlo Ancelotti has witnessed his team lose 4 of their last 5 league games in a run of results that has seen them drop down from league leaders to 8th in the table. The Toffees are still only 2 points off the pace of the top four so a win here would propel them back in amongst the leading teams but the 1-0 loss at home to Leeds last week was a gut-wrenching result. Away form is still an encouraging sign for Everton this season with the club winning 4 of their 6 games in all competitions on the road so far. One of the big issues that remains is the defensive side of their game with the team failing to keep a clean sheet in their last 9 league matches. If you're looking for a cheeky first goalscorer bet then Dominic Calvert-Lewin has bagged that in 4 of his league starts so far this season.

I'm trying to avoid sounding pessimistic but I have a feeling this game could be a struggle to watch. There's no doubt that Burnley will take a point here and with their impotency in front of goal I just feel that they'll adopt a defensive approach. Everton have the ability to score goals but that defence is still a worry. There is no better time than this game to get that elusive second clean sheet of the season. I think they'll do it and snatch a narrow 1-0 or 2-0 win.

Everton to Win @ 2.00 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.83 with Betway

9 hours ago, tropicalpalmtree said:

which website is it that you have used for the ratings table?

It's a bit long-winded to explain but we source from several sites and sources to get the best possible statistics we can. It was a process introduced by Paul Ross years ago and has proved to be a popular resource for a lot of punters on this site. :ok

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Man Utd are undefeated in their last 11 away matches in Premier League.
West Ham have won with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 matches in Premier League.
Man City have won 82% of their last 11 home matches in Premier League.
Man Utd have scored at least 2 goals in their last 8 away matches in Premier League.
Chelsea have kept a clean sheet in 71% of their last 7 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 59 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 05.12.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-05-12-2020-21793

Manchester City vs Fulham

Manchester City

Doubtful: Sergio Aguero (2/0 f)

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: -

Fulham

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Kenny Tete (2/0 d), Terence Kongolo (0/0 d), Joshua Onomah (2/0 m)

Over/Under Goals
Manchester City
4 home games
Fulham
5 away games
75% Over 1.5 goals 60%
50% Over 2.5 goals 40%
50% Over 3.5 goals 20%
50% Over 4.5 goals 20%
25% Over 5.5 goals 20%
25% Under 1.5 goals 40%
50% Under 2.5 goals 60%
100% Over 0.5 goals at half-time 40%
75% Over 1.5 goals at half-time 40%
25% Over 2.5 goals at half-time 20%

West Ham vs Manchester United

West Ham

Doubtful: Andriy Yarmolenko (5/0 f)

Out (injuries/other): Michail Antonio (7/3 m)

Manchester United

Doubtful: Marcus Rashford (9/2 f, probably in)

Out (injuries/other): Phil Jones (0/0 d), Luke Shaw (7/0 d)

Both Teams To Score
West Ham
5 home games
Manchester United
4 away games
40% Both teams to score 100%
20% BTTS in the first-half 75%
0% BTTS in the second-half 25%
20% BTTS and over 2.5 goals 100%
20% Win and BTTS 100%
20% Draw and BTTS 0%
0% Lose and BTTS 0%

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

I will take Fulham in AHC+2.5 and think this will be good Bet. Fulham after Away Win at Leicester, full of Confidence and i say it again - Man City not in there best Shape at the Moment. They have also CL Games to play, yes they can rotate and they are safe in next CL Round, but thats cost also Energy for the Players. They will win i think, but this Game now can be a close one. Also Man City again with Aguero out - so no really Striker in Starting XI i think. They will invest something at this Positon in January Transfer Window or latley in Summer Window.

Also i will take Chelsea AHC-1, because they now have great Form, now with Problem everyone in Offensive are in good Form and they are fight for Starting XI Places. I´m also thinking that now Giroud not will transfered in January Window. Will be bad for Chelsea with some Ambitons in League, Cup and CL.

Also Chelsea are for sure in next CL-Round and with HomeGame at Midweek against Krasnodar. So no travelling for them and they will rotate again i think at Midweek.

Fulham AHC+2.5 @ 1.90 2/10 bet365

Chelsea AHC-1 @ 1.88 3/10 bet365

This will be the fourth time in the Premier League season that West Ham have entered a match against Manchester United, which is above its rivals in the standings, and we support the home team to extend this lead. Manchester United's away form is not so incredible, but West Ham is impressive at home, has done relatively well with the bigger teams and needs to be strengthened by the long-awaited return of the fans.
WEST HAM UNITED vs MANCHESTER UNITED @@ +0.50Ah WEST HAM UNITED, odds 1.80

Manchester City vs Fulham

The Premier League action continues at 3pm GMT on Saturday afternoon when Manchester City look to build on their positive result last weekend against a struggling Fulham at the Etihad Stadium. On paper, it seems like this game can only go one way but the top flight has been throwing up all sorts of surprises this season so could this deliver yet another one?

Manchester City remain lowly placed for their own expectations in 11th in the league table. However, things are already starting to look more positive. The Citizens have a game in hand on a lot of teams above them and are only 3 points off the pace of the top four. The team secured a 5-0 hammering over Burnley last weekend to gain a huge morale boost due to ending a two-game winless run in the league. Pep Guardiola is still without star striker Sergio Aguero but with his team unbeaten in 39 home league games against promoted opposition he will no doubt be anticipating a dominant display. 

Fulham might well be satisfied with their current league position of 17th and Scott Parker's side pulled off a superb 2-1 win away to Leicester last week but this is one of their toughest games of the season. The Cottagers are without a win in their last 15 matches against Manchester City in all competitions. An even more daunting statistic is that Fulham haven't even scored against City in over 7 hours and 51 minutes of football. If Fulham do somehow win this game then it'll be the first time since August 2013 that they have won back-to-back away games in the top flight. Unfortunately, they have lost 27 of their previous 28 encounters against the "established top six" teams in the league.

I really can't see this ending in anything other than a one-way Manchester City win. It's certainly a case of looking at how many goals the hosts are going to score rather than if they will win. I'm dithering between a 3-0 and 4-0 win. Fulham have started to look a bit better winning 2 of their last 4 league matches but the difference in quality here is clear to see.

Manchester City -2 @ 2.05 with SportNation

Manchester City to Win to Nil @ 1.90 with Betfair

Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal

After the narrow 1:0 defeat in the hands of Everton in the season-opener, very few people believe Tottenham can be one of the title contenders. However, Jose Mourinho’s side tied nine games without suffering a defeat, and that run launched them to 1st place. The Spurs won four times in a row before a goalless draw against Chelsea last weekend. Harry Kane and the lads have been pretty convincing in front of the oppositions’ net, while their defense is the best in the league. Tottenham booked four straight victories at their ground, and they want to keep up where they left off against the fiercest rivals. The home side secured the place in the Europa League knockout stage thanks to a 3:3 draw in Linz against LASK on Thursday, and they can focus on one of the most important matches in this part of the campaign.

On the other hand, Arsenal is having another disappointing season. The fact that the Gunners sit on the 14th spot speaks enough, and although they are only four points behind the top five, their displays are pretty discouraging. After the narrow 1:0 victory at Old Trafford, Aston Villa trashed Mikel Arteta’s side at Emirates Stadium. Leeds United managed to resist at Elland Road, while Wolves were another team that took all three points at Arsenal’s ground. The perfect record in the Europa League is the only positive spot for the away fans, but still, their team didn’t have tough opponents in their group. Nicolas Pepe struggles to find his form, and he will be unavailable for this clash due to a suspension. Arsenal needs to start creating chances and converting them into goals if they want to challenge for the continental spots for the next season.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction

Tottenham is in a much better momentum, and the Spurs are considered favorites in this clash. We believe they are going to win this match and continue the title race.

Goals Market Prediction

Head to head clashes between these two sides have been pretty efficient lately, and just once in the past five matches, one of the sides managed to keep the clean sheet. Despite Arsenal’s problems in front of the oppositions’ goal, we believe the nets won’t remain intact in this one.

Tottenham Hotspur to win @ 2.00

BTTS Yes @ 1.75

Correct score 2:1 @ 9.50

West Ham vs Manchester United

The action continues in the Premier League at 5:30pm GMT with the intriguing tie between West Ham and Manchester United at the London Stadium. Only 1 point and three places separate these teams in the league and a victory here could propel them in amongst the leading contenders for the Champions League places. Is it too early for both of these sets of fans to dare to dream?

West Ham are in the midst of a surprise rich vein of form. The Hammers are in 6th place after three league wins in a row. David Moyes will be delighted with the way his team are performing right now with the absence of Michail Antonio failing to hamper their efforts as it appears Sebastien Haller is finally adapting to the top flight of English football. It's only one defeat in their last 7 home league matches for the East London club. Unfortunately, there is one statistic that hangs over the club like a dark cloud. Under the management of Moyes, West Ham have only managed 2 wins from 20 league games against the "established top six". 

Manchester United are still the crazy horse club when it comes to us punters. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men are still so unpredictable but you can't deny they still boast some quality in their squad. The Red Devils are up to 9th in the table and just 2 points off the pace of the top four after a run of 3 league wins in a row where the team scored 7 goals. Central midfielder Bruno Fernandes has scored 4 goals in those 3 matches. The team is also on a club record run of 8 away league wins in a row. However, their fans should be tread with caution because not only has Solskjaer failed to defeat Moyes in their only two previous meetings but United have also only won 3 of the past 11 encounters between these two clubs.

Oh my days, I'm really starting to despise predicting these Manchester United games. Who knows which United side will show up? The potential absence of Marcus Rashford after he failed to train fully on Friday could be a spanner in the works. Both of these sides are in form right now and with Moyes boasting a decent record against Solskjaer but a generally poor record against the "top six" suggests this could go either way. I might sit on the fence and back a draw due to the value but I have a feeling that United are just as likely to sneak the win.

Draw @ 3.70 with Unibet

Anytime Scorer: Bruno Fernandes @ 2.80 with Paddy Power

Chelsea vs Leeds

The evening kick-off in the Premier League will see two historical old foes re-commence their epic rivalry when Chelsea host Leeds in an 8pm GMT kick-off at Stamford Bridge. Bookmakers are understandably heavily backing the home side to get the win but this is a game that includes an away team that have shown they can provide a stern test for anyone in this division.

Chelsea continue to impress with this fine run of results the club is currently experiencing. Frank Lampard's side have now gone 15 games unbeaten in all competitions including 10 clean sheets in that run and the 4-0 win away to Sevilla in the Champions League not only confirmed their place in the last 16 of that competition but made a huge statement to their rivals. A big dilemma now faces Lampard of whether he hands Olivier Giroud his first league start of the season after his 4-goal haul in midweek. Not only is the defensive side of Chelsea's game coming together with Eduoard Mendy settling in well between the sticks and Thiago Silva forming an effective centre back partnership with Kurt Zouma but the West London club have also scored a league-high 22 goals this season. The team is just 2 points off the top spot in 3rd place.

Leeds have picked up a couple of positive results recently with the 0-0 draw at home to Arsenal followed up by a superb 1-0 victory away against Everton. Back-to-back clean sheets will have pleased Marcelo Bielsa but he'd still be keen to see his team score more goals. The Whites are down in 12th place but could earn three successive top flight clean sheets for the first time since 2002 if they manage it in this game. Striker Patrick Bamford could certainly be one to watch in this one. Not only is he returning to the club where he experienced his youth career but he has also scored 6 of his 7 goals scored this season on the road.

It's mad to think that these two big names in British football haven't played each other in the league since 2004. It was Chelsea who prevailed with a 1-0 win that day and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a similar result here. Chelsea are in form right now but they face a Leeds team that are starting to adapt to the Premier League. They'll make Chelsea work for every pass and percent of possession but I think a home win is on the cards.

Draw (Chelsea -1) @ 4.00 with Boylesports

Total Goals Scored Under 3.5 @ 1.80 with BetVictor

Liverpool are undefeated in their last 43 home matches in Premier League.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in West Brom’s last 7 games in Premier League.
Crystal Palace have kept a clean sheet in their last 5 matches against West Brom in all competitions.
Liverpool have won their last 6 home matches in Premier League.
Sheff Utd have lost 92% of their last 13 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 56 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 06.12.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-06-12-2020-21829

On 12/4/2020 at 4:38 AM, StevieDay1983 said:

It's a bit long-winded to explain but we source from several sites and sources to get the best possible statistics we can. It was a process introduced by Paul Ross years ago and has proved to be a popular resource for a lot of punters on this site. :ok

Hi Stevie, thanks for all your tips.

Could you tell me the best way I could use this process for betting purposes? What I should be looking out for?

I would guess the differences between the 2avg and 4avg. Just a guess.

Thanks for any advice.

23 hours ago, Neubs said:

I will take Fulham in AHC+2.5 and think this will be good Bet. Fulham after Away Win at Leicester, full of Confidence and i say it again - Man City not in there best Shape at the Moment. They have also CL Games to play, yes they can rotate and they are safe in next CL Round, but thats cost also Energy for the Players. They will win i think, but this Game now can be a close one. Also Man City again with Aguero out - so no really Striker in Starting XI i think. They will invest something at this Positon in January Transfer Window or latley in Summer Window.

Also i will take Chelsea AHC-1, because they now have great Form, now with Problem everyone in Offensive are in good Form and they are fight for Starting XI Places. I´m also thinking that now Giroud not will transfered in January Window. Will be bad for Chelsea with some Ambitons in League, Cup and CL.

Also Chelsea are for sure in next CL-Round and with HomeGame at Midweek against Krasnodar. So no travelling for them and they will rotate again i think at Midweek.

Fulham AHC+2.5 @ 1.90 2/10 >bet365

Chelsea AHC-1 @ 1.88 3/10 >bet365

Both Bet´s are green - so good Day in Premier League on Saturday

Mourinho has never lost a home game against Arsenal in his previous 10 games and we can not help but see this record today, Sunday. Arsenal's form in the Premier League at the moment is poor, while Tottenham is flying and can claim a title challenge. Add the return of the fans to the pitch and the Spurs will rub their hands in anticipation of this match as they seem to add more suffering to Arsenal
Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal @@ Tottenham, odds 2,00

13 hours ago, newteech said:

Hi Stevie, thanks for all your tips.

Could you tell me the best way I could use this process for betting purposes? What I should be looking out for?

I would guess the differences between the 2avg and 4avg. Just a guess.

Thanks for any advice.

Yeah, it's a simple case of the 4-average provides a longer snapshot of their performance levels but 2-average can show if there's been any recent increase or decrease in performances levels over the past couple of games. I would recommend doing your own research alongside these ratings though because the ratings can still be influenced by player absences or other circumstances that the ratings can't account for.

West Brom vs Crystal Palace

It's a busy day in the Premier League on Sunday with four matches coming at us. The first of those matches is the 12pm GMT clash between West Brom and Crystal Palace at the Hawthorns. These two teams are undoubtedly positioned lower in the league table than their fans will have liked at this stage of the season so a win would be duly welcomed here.

West Brom scored a huge 1-0 victory against fellow relegation rivals Sheffield United last weekend but the club remain down in 19th place and are 1 point off safety. That win was just a second clean sheet for the Baggies this season. Conor Townsend has been ruled out through injury but the duo of Jake Livermore and Kieran Gibbs are back available for selection. There is one statistic that can provide West Brom fans with a sense of optimism ahead of this game and that's the fact that their head coach Slaven Bilic is undefeated against Crystal Palace in his 5 top flight league games played against them.

Crystal Palace are going through a bit of a dour run of form after what had been a very positive start to the season. The Eagles are down in 15th place after 3 losses in their last 4 league games and it's now just 2 wins from their last 8 league matches. Away form is also an issue with Roy Hodgson's team losing 7 of their last 9 league games on the road. Worryingly, they've failed to even score in each one of those defeats. The defence is also a problem area for Palace with the team failing to keep a clean sheet in their last 9 league games. Only Sheffield United have a longer run without keeping a clean sheet. There is good news for Palace fans though with captain Luka Milivojevic returning from suspension.

There is no denying that this game is hardly one to excite the neutrals but it could be a pivotal one for both clubs at this early stage in the season. West Brom have only lost 2 of their last 12 top flight meetings with Crystal Palace and they come into this game buzzing after their first league win of the season last weekend. I'm not sure there's a lot separating these two right now. I think Palace probably have the edge but if West Brom can keep Wilfried Zaha quiet then they stand every chance of getting something from this encounter.

Draw @ 3.30 with Boylesports

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.73 with Betfred

Sheffield United vs Leicester

Two out-of-form teams go head-to-head in the 2:15pm GMT kick-off on Sunday afternoon in the Premier League when bottom-placed Sheffield United host a faltering Leicester at Bramall Lane. The home side are still desperately seeking a first league win of the season and will be hoping to get it here against a travelling side that risk dropping off the pace of the title contenders if they fail to win again.

Sheffield United remain a team I feel aren't in a just position. The Blades are still in 20th place with just 1 point to their name. Chris Wilder's men are still battling bravely in every game and the 1-0 loss away to West Brom last week felt like it summed up their season of missed opportunities and profligacy in front of goal. The team has now set a club top flight record of 13 league matches without a win stretching from last season. They are also the only side in the Premier League without a clean sheet to their name. I think it essentially comes down to the simple issues of the strikers not being good enough and the defence needing time to adjust to having a new, and dare I say inferior, keeper behind them compared to last season. One of the most depressing statistics is that United have only scored 1 goal in their 5 home league matches thus far.

Leicester come into this game having suffered back-to-back league defeats against Liverpool away and Fulham at home. The second of those losses was perhaps a real shocker. Brendan Rodgers has his team now down in 4th but only 3 points off the top spot so a win here would put those two losses behind them. It's still been 4 wins from their 5 away league games and the fact Jamie Vardy has scored 7 of his 8 league goals on the road shows they have a potent threat up front. Unfortunately, one concerning statistic is that Leicester have lost 3 of their last 4 encounters with teams that have started the day in the relegation zone in the Premier League.

I really want Sheffield United to turn this awful form around but every time I feel it's a game they can win they seem to fall short with the same issue of being impotent in the final third and having a single momentary lapse in concentration at the back. I fear this could be the story again today. I think they'll surprise someone soon and Leicester are vulnerable after their two defeats in a row but you look at the fact Sheffield United lack a scorer and Leicester have Vardy. I feel that alone is enough to be the difference here.

Leicester to Win @ 2.10 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.86 with Matchbook

Tottenham vs Arsenal

The North London Derby is the focus of our attention for the 4:30pm GMT kick-off on Sunday afternoon when it's league leaders Tottenham going toe-to-toe with their arch rivals Arsenal at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. These two sides seem to be experiencing polar opposite campaigns and you have to wonder how on earth the away side can hope to get anything from this game.

Tottenham are enjoying life under Jose Mourinho right now. The club are top of the Premier League, qualified for the last 32 of the Europa League, and are through to the Quarter-Finals of the EFL Cup. Star striker Harry Kane is set to start for Spurs in this game despite injury concerns. This is a Tottenham side that are currently the in-form side in the top flight on an unbeaten run of 9 league games. It's been four home wins in a row in all competitions so they're proving to be a force to be reckoned with on home turf. A resilient defence has been key to Tottenham's success so far with the club conceding a league-best 9 goals in their 10 matches so far. Mourinho himself will also be relishing playing against an Arsenal team he is undefeated against in home fixtures with 6 wins and 4 draws to his name.

Arsenal continue to struggle this season. The Gunners are down in 14th place and now without a win in 3 league games. Mikel Arteta is coming under fire from the fans for his cautious approach that doesn't seem to be getting the best out of iconic striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. The team's tally of 13 points from 10 league games is their worst since the 1981/82 season. There is a ray of light at the end of this dark tunnel though. Arsenal have kept two clean sheets in their last two away league games so if Arteta can address the scoring issue then there is hope. Unfortunately, it is now over 566 minutes of game time without scoring a goal from open play.

I am willing to back this Tottenham side to beat anyone right now. Mourinho is working his magic and you have to admit they are now genuine contenders for the Premier League title. Given Liverpool's injury worries and Manchester City being a bit behind the pace you could even argue that Spurs are now the team to beat. I always say you can never predict derby matches with any great accuracy with the old saying of "form going out the window" but I think this is Tottenham's game to lose.

Tottenham to Win @ 2.25 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.00 with Betfair

Brighton have drawn their last 3 home matches in Premier League.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Brighton’s last 3 home games in Premier League.
Southampton have scored at least 2 goals in 6 of their last 7 matches in Premier League.
Brighton have failed to win their last 9 home matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 36 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 07.12.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-07-12-2020-21832/

Spurs v Arsenal:

>4.5 cards shown at 6/5 365 and >5.5 cards shown at 5/2 888. Plenty of 11/10 and 23/20 about the >4.5 bet.

For me, the first bet should be odds on and the second 2/1 at the very most. Positives are recent history in the fixture and the fact that the spreads are high enough to suggest those prices are generous. Atkinson not the ideal ref appointment but he has to respond to how the game plays out and I trust him to do the job assuming the teams play as expected.

Spurs to score a penalty at 9/2 365 or Fred. Ok, a bit of a muggy interest bet but my eye was drawn to his propensity to award pens to Arsenal's opponents (15 in 60 games, next highest being 9).

Kane to assist a goal at 7/2 PP. Not the 8/1 on offer a few games back but still seems big.

Kane and Son both to score and each team >1 card at 16/1 Hills. A doubled odds offer that seems a little generous, certainly beats the combined best available odds.

Liverpool vs Wolves

The final game in the Premier League on Sunday comes up at 7:15pm GMT when reigning champions Liverpool host Wolves at Anfield. The home side are firmly in the race to retain their league championship but they face a tricky proposition in an away team that have a track record of taking points off some of the so-called "established top six" sides in recent years.

Liverpool have had to deal with their fair share of issues this season but Jurgen Klopp has somehow managed to ride these problems to guide his team to 4th in the table heading into this game. A win could move them to the top of the table and the team could welcome back Naby Keita and Trent Alexander-Arnold from injury. However, keeper Allison Becker could be out for another couple of weeks with a hamstring injury. It is now 6 league games unbeaten for the Reds and their run of 64 home games without defeat is the second longest in the history of top flight English football. Their attacking threat is still very real with Liverpool being the only Premier League team to have scored in every league match this season.

Wolves face a long time without star striker Raul Jimenez after his awful fractured skull last week. Nuno Espirito Santo has led his side to 10th in the table but they're only 4 points off the top four. Wanderers are in decent form at the moment with just 1 loss from their last 7 league games. Their defence has been a highlight in this calendar year with a joint-high 13 clean sheets kept since 1st January. If Wolves manage to win this game then they could become the third team to win away league matches against the reigning champions in back-to-back seasons.

I'm fairly confident Liverpool will take all 3 points from this game but Wolves remain one of those sides you just don't feel comfortable betting against. I think if Jimenez was fit then it would be an even more difficult game to call. I just feel the home team are getting players back fit and missing Allison is a blow but I think their attack should bail them out if there are any defensive discrepancies that take place!

Liverpool to Win & BTTS @ 3.25 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.73 with Novibet 

Brighton vs Southampton

The last game in the Premier League this weekend comes from the Amex Stadium on Monday night at 8pm GMT when a struggling Brighton team take on a high-flying Southampton side. If you want to try and push the significance of this game then you could label it a battle of the south coast but with over 60 miles separating these two teams we can hardly call it a local derby.

Brighton follow along the same sort of lines as Sheffield United this season. Graham Potter's men are playing reasonably well in games but momentary lapses of concentration are just costing them too dearly. The Seagulls are down in 16th place and just 4 points above the relegation zone. It is just 1 loss from their last 6 league games and they're in the midst of a three game unbeaten run but 4 of those league games have ended in a draw. It's this inability to finish off their opponents that is costing them. The good news is that Tariq Lamptey is back in the mix for a start but the fitness of top scorer Neal Maupay will be looked at before kick-off and Adam Lallana is absent with injury. A concerning stat is that the club remain without a win at home this season.

Southampton are riding the crest of a wave right now with the team in 8th place and just 4 points off the Champions League qualification spots. The 3-2 defeat at home to Manchester United last weekend was a first disappointment in a while and given the side was 2-0 up at half-time they'll be gutted that they came away with nothing. Before that match it was 5 wins and 2 draws from their previous 7 league games. Even the performance against United had a lot of positives so the squad should still be confident about this game. The Saints have scored in 17 of their last 18 league matches. Ralph Hasenhuttl will be hoping both Danny Ings and Nathan Redmond will be fit to have some involvement.

This could be a compelling game to watch. Both Brighton and Southampton have been performing well this season but will both feel they could probably have earned more points than they have so far. Brighton haven't won in this fixture in the last six meetings but then Southampton have failed to win all of their last 14 top flight league games played on a Monday night.

Draw @ 3.50 with Novibet

BTTS @ 1.78 with SBK