Northern Ireland Open

Fader

Trump Vs Ronnie final then. This final has been the same for now three years running. You would have to say that Ronnie has had the harder draw and has been in a couple of tough spots. He hasn't started well several times now. If it happens here then it could be over quick. Ronnie stepped it up after 3-1 down yesterday. He hit two centuries in that match whilst Trump hit one, a 92 and 91.

The last two finals have had 4 centuries and 6. I think both players to hit 2 centuries look likely. I'll also take a point on Trump 9-7. Which has been the score on both occasions.

4pts Both players to hit 2+ centuries 9/4 paddypower
1pt J.Trump to win 9-7 8/1 willhill

O'Sullivan remains the most prolific break-builder in the world. On the other hand, Trump is probably the better safety player between the two. Of course he doesn't lack attacking skills; he's probably the second best break-builder in the world after Ronnie. I know it may sound odd, but Ronnie has kind of improved his mental fortitude lately. He defeated Selby 17-16 when he was 14-16 down in the World Championship semi. He also defeated Ding & Carter when he faced a two-frame deficit on both occasions... I see a trend, he's mentally tougher than he used to be. I think he will lift the Alex Higgins trophy ? tonight. 

Edited by Foo_Fighter

13 minutes ago, charliepie said:

That was great, 3 years in a row same finalists and same score! Ronnie almost made it 8-8...

He did. Much like Ronnies last few matches he left it late to go on a surge. Anybody but Trump and he comes back and wins, no doubt.

• 2 weeks later...