** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Northern Ireland Open

Fader

This gets underway tomorrow. I've not looked too much at the matches yet but in the outright market i'll take a few. Main two bets will be Kyren Wilson and Murphy. Both in separate halfs. Allen would be a choice here but with his recent win I'm happy to leave him out. Wilson has been in fine form recently Murphy is in the bottom half which barring O'Sullivan looks a weaker group. In general though I'll take some huge prices on offer for this event. 10 1/2 pts staked.

2pts E/W K.Wilson to win Northern Ireland Open 12/1 willhill
1.5pts E/W S.Murphy to win Northern Ireland Open 22/1 betfred
--------------------------------------------
0.5pts E/W M.Gould to win Northern Ireland Open 80/1 willhill
0.75pts E/W Yuelong to win Northern Ireland Open 125/1 bet365
---------------------------------------------
0.25pts E/W J.O'Connor to win Northern Ireland Open 500/1 bet365
0.25pts E/W M.Davis to win Northern Ireland Open 500/1 boylesports
0.25pts E/W P.Junxu to win Northern Ireland Open 1000/1 boylesports

2.5pts J O'Connor to beat M.Selt 11/10 bet365
2.5pts K.Doherty to beat C.Wakelin 6/5 bet365
2.5pts C.Yang to beat M.Mann evens bet365
1pt J.O'Neill to beat R.O'Sullivan 14/1 betfair
-----------------------------------------
1pt accy - Yang, O'Connor / M.Davis / Hicks 11/1 betfair
0.5pts accy - O'Neil / Doherty 21/1 betfair

1 hour ago, Heisenberg68 said:

Good luck for this tournament . 
we are going to make money I hope ? 

Anyway , it’s a nice event !! On ITV4 , like Champion of Champions ?

Quite a small event. I think on Thursday they all play twice. It's not on ITV4 that I know of. I do hope we make some money. i've had some poor form last few snooker tips.

5 minutes ago, Heisenberg68 said:

what is the biggest events in Snooker ? 

Worlds, Masters, UK Championship, English Open. I suppose this is a ranking event and one of the Home Nations Series and so it's worth something to the players in terms of ranking points. I just meant that it's a short event really and the BBC/ITV tend to have minimal snooker on the box. Hard enough to get to see decent Worlds coverage nowadays

The accy let down by Joe O'Connor (3-0 up, loses 4-3. Standard!) small profit on the day.

There wasn't much I liked this morning other than perhaps Jiahui to beat Xintong. Ofcourse that's going to win now i've left it alone. Looking at the other matches Hallworth looks good outsider value against Wenbo but Wenbos form is actually pretty good and that puts me off. I like Mark Joyce to beat Dale. Dale is actually playing alright to be fair but it's hard to know how good that form is when Jones was so utterly terrible. Jones didn't manage one break over 50. Joyce comes into this with better form than that having beaten Vahedi with a century and three 50+ breaks and Un-Nooh at the German Masters.

5.5pts M.Joyce to beat D.Dale 10/11 betvictor 
5.5pts Sijun to beat Honghao 8/11 willhill
3pts J.Brown to beat S.Akani evens bet365
2pts B.Hancorn to beat A.Carter 4/1 paddypower
-------------------------------------------------------------
1pt accy - Jianbo / Vafaei / J.Brown / Ajaib / Sijun 14/1 bet365

I'm going for a day of underdogs today (minus the first bet)

Although I backed Hicks to beat Davison (and he did) he was 3-0 down and one ball away from being whitewashed before he came back to win 4-3. Carty is a player I like and although he has had abit of a step back in terms of form, he should be able to beat Hicks atleast 4-1/4-2 in my opinion.

Ferg O'Brien is on abit of a purple patch at the moment. He's beaten a bang in form Selby at the German Masters and won 3 in a row. Both Un-Nooh and Fergs two head-2-heads have gone to a deciding frame and they've both won one each. I layed Carter in the last round but Ben Hancorn didn't have the quality to win the match. He had his chances though. Guodong is a stiffer test for Ali.

I've also layed Dale a few times and he's turned into Dominic O'Sullivan. I'm backing Dale not only for his form but for Mark Williams awful form. I think we'll see Mark retire next year. I'm not sure he is even putting the practice in. Finally, Jak Jones is another man bang in form. He has just beaten Kyren Wilson in the German Masters and beat Chinese Pang Junuxu 5-0. Junxu knocked out Mark Allen only a few days ago so he was a man also playing some decent stuff.

5pts A.Carty (-1.5 frames) to beat A.Hicks 4/5 bet365
5pts F.O'Brien to beat T.Un-Nooh 21/10 willhill
5pts Guodong to beat A.Carter 21/20 betfair
4pts D.Dale to beat M.Williams 11/4 betfair
2pts J.Jones to beat L.Wenbo 9/4 skybet
---------------------------------------------------
1pt accy - Guodong / Dale / Ferg O'Brien 22/1 betfair

Yeah, Saengkham is also hitting some good form. I wanted Yuelong also as an outright pick. I'm bang out of form at the moment though. I had Dale win at a good price but other than that it's been pretty shocking. Hoping the remaining outright picks can save my results.

They'll be going from the Last 32 to the final 8 tonight as everybody plays twice. Here is what i like today. I'll be hoping Kyren Wilson and Gould get through the two matches today. That would mean Gould would have to beat Trump though and Trump looks on fire at the moment. Hitting a 147 yesterday in his easy win of yang. I'll take White to beat Grace. Michael White has start showing some form of  old recently and beat Hawkins yesterday.

Saengkham seems to be winning every all the time recently. He beat Yuelong, who had came into that match after winning 4-0, 5-0 and 5-0 in his previous three. Although Yuelong probably should have seen the last frame through, Saengkham has been scoring well recently and has every chance against Maguire. Dale is another man in form after beating Mark Williams 4-2. He had abit of luck  in that match but 2/1 for him to beat Ali Carter seems big. 

6pts M.White to beat D.Grace 5/6 paddypower
4pts N.Saengkham to beat S.Maguire 11/8 willhill
2pts D.Dale to beat A.Carter 2/1 paddypower
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt accy - White / Wenbo / Saengkham / Day & Figueiredo 21/1 willhill

1 hour ago, Fader said:

They'll be going from the Last 32 to the final 8 tonight as everybody plays twice. Here is what i like today. I'll be hoping Kyren Wilson and Gould get through the two matches today. That would mean Gould would have to beat Trump though and Trump looks on fire at the moment. Hitting a 147 yesterday in his easy win of yang. I'll take White to beat Grace. Michael White has start showing some form of  old recently and beat Hawkins yesterday.

Saengkham seems to be winning every all the time recently. He beat Yuelong, who had came into that match after winning 4-0, 5-0 and 5-0 in his previous three. Although Yuelong probably should have seen the last frame through, Saengkham has been scoring well recently and has every chance against Maguire. Dale is another man in form after beating Mark Williams 4-2. He had abit of luck  in that match but 2/1 for him to beat Ali Carter seems big. 

6pts M.White to beat D.Grace 5/6 paddypower
4pts N.Saengkham to beat S.Maguire 11/8 willhill
2pts D.Dale to beat A.Carter 2/1 paddypower
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt accy - White / Wenbo / Saengkham / Day & Figueiredo 21/1 willhill

I think Yuelong should have won , but he let his chance pass. 
I will follow you for Dale , because he won last meeting 3-1 , he is in good shape , with 4 win in last 4 games !

He made a big surprise in last round winning 4-2 against Williams , world number 14. 

White 3-1 up and should have won 4-1 and loses 4-3. Just relentless at the moment. Saengkham wins 4-0. The picks for tonight (to lose) are the following :

Woollaston just seems to be on fire at the moment. He also seems to do the opposite of whatever I bet, with him. I thought Carter was pretty average against Dale but Dale let him in time after time. The other I like is Saengkham to continue his form against Donaldson. 

5pts B.Woollaston to beat A.Carter 27/20 betfair
5pts N.Saengkham to beat S.Donaldson evens bet365

7 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Why all the favourites? Is Maflin that bad compared to Carter?

Not related with the odd. I think all 4 are going to win. 

no , Maflin is not bad but Ali Carter seems to have rediscovered his form in Northern Ireland this week and has impressive wins of 4-2, 4-2, 4-1 and 4-1. He’s won the last four H2H matches with Kurt Maflin and should have enough to beat the Norwegian again today.

2 hours ago, Heisenberg68 said:

Trump play very very well ! I think he will win this event . 
who can stop it ? 
anyone ?

Hummmmm 

I was impressed by Ronnie also. 0-2 to 2-5 , very strong with beautiful break . 
We can have very interest final match Sunday . Maybe interested to bet Outsider if the odd is high ??

I think the bet for me is Trump to win the tournament now. I think Grace will have some nerves today and it'll see Judd win with ease. In the other match it's going to be really interesting because they do not like eachother atall. Ronnie sees Ali as an angry little man and Carter will be desperate to beat him. I am tempted to go with Carter to get the highest break as Ronnie hasn't hit anything over 106 in the last 4 matches but it's just a bet on the outright for me, I think.

6pts J.Trump to win Northern Ireland Open 5/6 paddypower