** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing chat -sunday 8th november

135 navan... troytown hcap

Moyhenna   313 

Discordantly   311 

Aforementioned 309 

Any number of these could run well but these 3 area few points clear ....aforementioned has been penalised heavily for 2 wins but is still improving ....moyhenna has been running well in very strong races and discordantly won easily last time and could be anything ....big prices on top 2 so they are value bets but I'll include 3rd rated in forecasts 

Moyhenna 10pt ew 14/1 willh

Discordantly 10pt ew 10/1 bet365 

6x1pt forecasts all 3 

320 navan 

Pike county  288

Above the city  286 

Mig des taullons 282 

Mig des taillions ran well last time and fancied but he runs off a career high mark now so opposable ....both the top 2 horses are unknowns really ....pike county is fit off flat and unknown over hurdles but if hes got any ability then could be well treated ....above the city has been running well in defeat and this looks slightly easier ...big price 

Pikes county 10pt win 6/1 bet 365 

Above the city 10pt win 40.0 betfair 

Haha, I'll play along with my fellow colleagues in the 1.35 Navan.  I'll go with a £2 win on the favourite The Jam Man at 4/1 with Betfair.  Top Timeform rated and top RPR . The horse is in good form and has strong market support.

Just for fun I will have 50p win on Plan Of Attack at 16/1 and 50p win on Scoir Mear at 14/1

Hopefully back later with more reasoned selections

One Trixie today:

3.25 Ffos Shantou Vow (£2 win at 7/2) I like Paddy Bennan but Out Of The Glen seems to be NQOCD (not quite our class darling)
3.30 San Step Back (BC) £2 win at 9/2 7/2 for Trixie
3.55 Ffos Cobaltic (£2 win at 7/2) 16/5 for Trixie (I'll trust the Doc)

£1 win Trixie = £4 = Poss return of £143.10

Other bets:

3.40 Str More Bucks £1.20 win at 13/2
3.40 Str Opechee 50p win at 16/1

Total multiples = £4

Total singles including £3 in Navan Race = £10.20

Total stakes £14.20

Now  can take the rest of the day off.  Good luck everyone

=======================================================================================================

Two winners today.  I wish I had been brave enough so as to include The Jam Man in my multiples but such is life.

No return on the multiples so a loss of £4 incurred.  The balance c/fwd is now £613.69 (£800 Bank)

The returns on the two singles paid £21 less stakes of £10.20 = a profit of £10.80.  The balance c/fwd is now £157.04 (£400 Bank)

Three jumps meetings tomorrow, two with Heavy going. One AW meeting. Hence the bookies still lining up to take our money ?

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

All prices Bet365:

12.20 Stratford - 1pt e/w Dan Gun @ 15/2

Backed him a couple of times this season and again ran better than the bare result last time when showing more. His two wins came last November so possible he's coming to the boil again following that effort last time and conditions suit so looks a live each-way player in a weak race.

12.40 Sandown - 1pt e/w Iconic Sky @ 18/1

Have to take a leap of faith that she'll come on plenty for the reappearance run after almost 3 years off and also that she won't bounce, but her price reflects those risks and makes her worthy of a small play here. Plenty of form in good races under similar conditions back in the day and is only 7 so shouldn't have lost any of that ability. Lucy Wadham had a winner yesterday and hopefully this one will show more this afternoon. 

12.50 Stratford - 1pt e/w Larcadio @ 16/1

Returns from an absence and the favourite here has a big chance but at an each-way price I think this one is overpriced. An Irish point winner (unlucky in other runs in that sphere too) and had no chance in hot novice hurdles. Ran a solid race on handicap debut when last seen, not beaten too far in a much stronger race than this and goes chasing quickly after that run. If fit enough, looks more than capable of getting involved.

1.50 Sandown - 1pt e/w Dorking Lad @ 14/1

Needs to settle better than he did on his only start to date in a bumper but shaped well despite that and the race has worked out really quite well. Those in front have gone on to decent ratings over hurdles and looks a live danger if fit to do himself justice this afternoon.

3.10 Stratford - 1pt e/w Clearly Capable @ 15/2

Getting on now at the age of 11 but shaped with promise on seasonal reappearance when looking like needing the run. Was fairly consistent last season and had excuses on his latter two runs - one on heavy and one when 10lbs out of the handicap. Best form is on a sound surface so the conditions today should help and with the run under his belt, looks capable of going close.

3.30 Sandown - 2pts win Singlefarmpayment @ 5/1

First start for Henry Oliver this afternoon and this one has a lot of form that makes him of interest here off a declining mark. Best on a decent surface so conditions today suit and there looks enough early pace and questionable stayers in here that should suit this one at the business end when coming through from a patient ride. Lot to like about him today. 

21 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

135 navan... troytown hcap

Moyhenna   313 

Discordantly   311 

Aforementioned 309 

Any number of these could run well but these 3 area few points clear ....aforementioned has been penalised heavily for 2 wins but is still improving ....moyhenna has been running well in very strong races and discordantly won easily last time and could be anything ....big prices on top 2 so they are value bets but I'll include 3rd rated in forecasts 

Moyhenna 10pt ew 14/1 willh

Discordantly 10pt ew 10/1 bet365 

6x1pt forecasts all 3 

Discord 4th ....ew money 

8 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

320 navan 

Pike county  288

Above the city  286 

Mig des taullons 282 

Mig des taillions ran well last time and fancied but he runs off a career high mark now so opposable ....both the top 2 horses are unknowns really ....pike county is fit off flat and unknown over hurdles but if hes got any ability then could be well treated ....above the city has been running well in defeat and this looks slightly easier ...big price 

Pikes county 10pt win 6/1 bet 365 

Above the city 10pt win 40.0 betfair 

Above the city 2nd ....gutted 

16 minutes ago, Villa Chris said:

Surprised you never played ew at that price 

Yeah I was gonna but betfair was 40 against bookies 33 so I rushed it....then its drifted to 50 !!! With bookies ...I'm gutted but super happy that the  computer is spotting these big prices so its bitter sweet ....note to self ...ew 

....lol

3 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

Yeah I was gonna but betfair was 40 against bookies 33 so I rushed it....then its drifted to 50 !!! With bookies ...I'm gutted but super happy that the  computer is spotting these big prices so its bitter sweet ....note to self ...ew 

....lol

Well in the 1.35 at Navan , Raging Bull 66/1 was second on my ratings a point behind death duty. It’s pulled up last twice so didn’t bother and I was only having the one horse in the race anyway. Bit gutted , but happy I’m looking in the right direction as you say. 

10 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

I've had a fair bit of success when the going is heavy by backing those horses that have performed well on this going, you may need to dig deep in to the form book to uncover this.

I think I will try Kempton and Southwell first.  I am not a form buff.  May be if you are playing Chepstow or Carlisle you can post up some selections on racing chat today so as to help other PL members? ?

Edited by The Equaliser
Afterthought