** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2, & Scottish Predictions > Oct 12th - 17th

Bradford vs Harrogate

This past weekend's League 2 games spill over into the next round due to the odds not being published early enough when I posted them. It's Bradford versus Harrogate in a 7:45pm BST kick-off on Monday night at Valley Parade. Neither team will be unhappy with their respective starts to their campaigns but there's always room for improvement with a victory potentially moving them up towards the play-off positions.

Bradford narrowly missed out on the play-offs last season and it's been a satisfactory start to their 2020/21 campaign with 1 win and 2 draws from their opening 3 league games. Manager Stuart McCall has witnessed him team only lose 1 of their opening 7 matches across all competitions in regular time. It's a resilience built within the team mixed with the goal scoring form of striker Lee Novak that is working effectively. A note of caution for this game is the fact that the Bantams have only kept 1 clean sheet in their last 4 home games so we could expect thrills and spills here tonight.

Harrogate are coping with their new life as a Football League team. Manager Simon Weaver has led his team to 1 win, 2 draws, and 1 loss from their first 4 league games so far this season. The 2-1 loss at home to a beleaguered Bolton last week was disappointing but the fact the team currently tops its EFL Trophy group shows they are adapting to a higher level of football rather well. The Sulphurites will be hoping top scorer Jack Muldoon can continue his fine scoring form from early in the season to give them a chance of taking something from this game.

If there is one thing I'm hopeful of here it's that we'll see goals. We have backed Bradford to win as part of our double accumulator bet on the main site. The loss Harrogate suffered to Bolton the other week was a concern because the Trotters are in such a dire situation. I just feel Bradford are a team that will once again be battling for promotion this season and as the season goes on we could see Harrogate struggle to stay mid-table. Both teams have scored in every one of Bradford's last three games and also in 3 of the last 5 Harrogate matches.

Bradford to Win @ 2.85 with Novibet

BTTS @ 1.80 with William Hill

As it's a quite day I've had chance to take a fairly close look at this game and I'm on the following bets.

>3.5 goals at 3/1 with Hills
Muldoon to score at 5/2 Fred
Novak to score a header at 16/1 Skybet
Fakingham shown a card at 4/1 365
Watt shown a card at 10/3 365
Kerry to score at 15/2 and 1st e/w at 20/1, both 365

The first 3 are all odds boosts where I think the price has been pushed into value territory. The player card bets were tipped by Sportinglife and they made a decent enough case for me to follow to stakes I was allowed (think cost of a decent latte). Kerry looks a bit big to me at the standout prices with 365.

6 hours ago, harry_rag said:

As it's a quite day I've had chance to take a fairly close look at this game and I'm on the following bets.

>3.5 goals at 3/1 with Hills
Muldoon to score at 5/2 Fred
Novak to score a header at 16/1 Skybet
Fakingham shown a card at 4/1 365
Watt shown a card at 10/3 365
Kerry to score at 15/2 and 1st e/w at 20/1, both 365

The first 3 are all odds boosts where I think the price has been pushed into value territory. The player card bets were tipped by Sportinglife and they made a decent enough case for me to follow to stakes I was allowed (think cost of a decent latte). Kerry looks a bit big to me at the standout prices with 365.

Fair play, you've gone in on that Bradford vs Harrogate game. Kerry coming good for you there!

10 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Fair play, you've gone in on that Bradford vs Harrogate game. Kerry coming good for you there!

Cheers Stevie, fair play to the SL tipster too as both Fakingham and Watt were carded. Shame as I was only allowed to stake those to win a tenner but better than nowt.

1 minute ago, harry_rag said:

Cheers Stevie, fair play to the SL tipster too as both Fakingham and Watt were carded. Shame as I was only allowed to stake those to win a tenner but better than nowt.

The yellow card market definitely seems to be one gaining popularity and offers decent odds to be fair.

Today's "deep dive" has been into the Hearts v Raith League Cup game.

Penalty taken 5/2 (main bet) with a bit on penalty scored at 16/5 and missed at 10/1, all with Hills. Latter two only dutch to around 2/1 but, of course, could both come in.

In an average game with an average ref those prices would probably be fair at best, certainly not value. But we have a strong favourite here (Hearts) and an above average goals expectation (3.05 goals). I'd say those bets would be ok with an average ref when it comes to awarding pens. I think it's fair to say that Craig Napier is an above average ref when it comes to the awarding of spot kicks. The stats say that if you look at all games but especially if you focus on cup ties. Last season he awarded 14 penalties in 10 of the 26 games he handled and has awarded 1 in 2 games this season. Best price I've seen elsewhere is 2/1 a pen scored and I'm very surprised to get better than 2/1 for one to be just taken. It may or may not happen tonight but I think, at the odds, it's a perfectly sound bet.

Regan Hendry 1st goalscorer at 28/1 and anytime goalscorer 9/1, both with Betway

I'm pushing my luck after posting Kerry last night for Harrogate, who obliged at 20/1 1st and 15/2 anytime, but I think the odds are ever so slightly generous (oh, and he takes Raith's pens). :lol

410.png

Mmmmmm excellent. Goal away at Barrow, Goal away at Brandford and clean sheet at Mansfield. What else you want to fight against opponent in 17 position at home table. A team with nice creation scoring chances, with nice attacking set pieces and many other reasons to fight the game. Ohhhhh yeaaahhh. Stevenage with 5.00 is a great opportunity for risk here.

STEVENAGE to win (5.00)

Football Facts and Streaks regarding League One

Blackpool have failed to win their last 15 away matches in League One.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Sunderland’s last 9 away games in League One.
Burton have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 matches in League One.
Peterborough have won their last 7 home matches in League One.
Northampton have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 matches in League One.

You can find interesting 60 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 17.10.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-17-10-2020-21018

Ipswich Town vs Accrington Stanley

Ipswich Town

Doubtful: Stephen Ward (4/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Flynn Downes (3/0 m), James Norwood (3/0 f), Aaron Drinan (1/0 f), Cole Skuse (0/0 m), Kane Vincent-Young (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

Accrington Stanley

Doubtful: Mo Sangare (1/0 m), Sean McConville (0/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: Dion Charles (3/1 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

1 hour ago, allyhibs said:

Hearts v Dundee.

I wish I saw @harry_ragpenalty tip for the Hearts v Raith game during the week, would've reminded me about the unbelievable amount of penalties Hearts get awarded, playing for penalties is a tactic they're very good at.

Penalty taken @ 3.40 - 1pt.

Wkk done. I wish I'd followed you back but, to be fair, I did look at the ref stats and it didn't leap out as a bet. More annoyingly I decided to back Walker anytime at 11/4 but just missed kick off. :wall

6 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Wkk done. I wish I'd followed you back but, to be fair, I did look at the ref stats and it didn't leap out as a bet. More annoyingly I decided to back Walker anytime at 11/4 but just missed kick off. :wall

Could pay to have a wee bet on penalties in every Hearts game this season, doesn't matter who the ref is, they'll get loads mate.

Dundee Utd v Aberdeen.

After a decent start to the season, Dundee Utd have fell away a bit, I've not been impressed at all by the new manager, far too defensive. Aberdeen are a far better side and should be odds on here.

Aberdeen @ 2.10 - 2pts.

Dunfermline v Inverness.

Dunfermline have had big financial investment over the summer and look like they've recruited well, they look a better side than Inverness and the odds for the home win look decent.

Dunfermline @ 2.45 - 1pt.

Ross County v Hibernian.

Straightforward away win on the cards here but I think the bookies have priced it about right so no value there.

Stirling v Queens Park.

Queens park are another club who've had big financial investment over the summer and have signed a bunch of players who could easily play at a higher level. Very much the team to beat in this league. Away win odds look spot on again though so I've added Hibs for a double.

Hibs, Queens Park Double @ 3.18 - 1pt.