Non-League Predictions > October 6th

Darran

Great to land another big number on Saturday with Eastleigh romping to a 5-1 victory over Barnet. Barnet were the team I wanted to back to go down, but there is still no sign of prices sadly and obviously it would be shorter than it would have been after that defeat. Games are going to come thick and fast now and I have 3 bets in the National League plus one bet in the National League South as the Step 2 get their seasons underway after their FA Cup games on Saturday.

Chesterfield v Hartlepool

I was keen to oppose Chesterfield on Saturday and I am keen to oppose them again. I think missing out on playing on Saturday could be a negative thing as it extends the amount of time since they last played a competitive game and Hartlepool got their eye in on Saturday when beating Aldershot 2-1. They certainly look the stronger side on paper and they played pretty well at the weekend. As I mentioned in Saturday's preview Chesterfield have only played 3 friendlies and they look underprepared for the start of the season.

Maidenhead v Kings Lynn

Maidenhead were poor on Saturday as they lost 3-0 to Sutton and as much as Alan Devonshire always seems to work his magic in getting them to survive he could struggle to do that this time around. They survived by less than a point on PPG last season and there is a strong chance they would have gone down if the season continued. I thought Kings Lynn did well on Saturday against Yeovil and it showed great character to come back from a goal down twice. They carry plenty of threat up front and I think the Maidenhead defence could struggle to contain them. I am really surprised they are as big as 14/5 as I would have it at least a point shorter.

Solihull v Wrexham

Solihull were outplayed by Woking on Saturday and that has to be a concern going forward and they face a really tough first home game of the season against Wrexham. Wrexham had a tough first home game themselves against a very good Boreham Wood side and they edged it 2-1 and I certainly think they will have a better season they did last time around. Indeed, this game seems to be priced up on last seasons form rather than what happened on Saturday and their respective squads. 12/5 looks a big price about an away win.

Maidstone v Welling

Welling suffered a big cup upset on Saturday losing 2-0 to Sheppey a team 3 leagues below them. That is hardly a good start to the season and they could struggle here against a Maidstone side who beat Dover 3-0 in their last pre-season friendly game and won at Hendon in the FA Cup on Saturday. I wouldn't want to chase the price down too much, but it really would take some turn around from Welling's effort at the weekend to get an opening day 3 points here.

Hartlepool 2pts @ 15/8 with Bet365

Kings Lynn 2pts @ 14/5 with Bet365

Wrexham 1pt @ 12/5 with Bet365

Maidstone 2pts @ Evs with Bet365

St Ives v Lowestoft ( Southern Premier Central)

Adding Lowestoft to the bets after being alerted to the fact that the St Ives manager has tested positive for Covid and that at least 6 players are showing symptoms and have taken tests although wont find out the results until Wednesday. At this stage the league are forcing St Ives to play the game, which quite frankly is crazy in my view, although I guess they might see sense tomorrow and call the game off. Anyway if it does go ahead clearly St Ives are going to be pretty weak and I guess hey might even struggle to get a whole team out, but that is only a guess at this stage.

Lowestoft 2pts @ 5/4 with Betfred

Todays southern league central acca - all games covered

Royston v Biggleswade   - Royston Win
Barwell v Alvechurch   - Barwell Win
Bromsgrove v Tamworth  -  over 2.5 goals
Hednesford v Coalville -   Home or Draw
Leiston v Rushden  - Rushden win
Nuneaton v Banbury - Home or Draw
Pboro Sports v Kings Langley - Over 2.5 goals
Redditch v Rushall - Rushall Win
St Ives v Lowestoft - Lowestoft Win
Stratford v Stourbridge - Stourbridge Win

Then added in
Leamington v Boston - Boston Win

353.37 / 1     - bet was placed before St Ives was called off

Great tipping!

I took hartlepool and kings Lynn singles and a double after reading your write ups

I was at the bromsgrove  v Tamworth game, once again an absolute belter, bromsgrove letting slip a 2-0 lead going onto the 90th minute partly due to losing the spine of the side through injuries in the second half.Anyone that finishes above Tamworth will be top three on this evidence whilst Bromsgrove will also be around the play offs if they can get everyone fit imo 

17 minutes ago, bromsgrovegreen said:

Great tipping!

I took hartlepool and kings Lynn singles and a double after reading your write ups

I was at the bromsgrove  v Tamworth game, once again an absolute belter, bromsgrove letting slip a 2-0 lead going onto the 90th minute partly due to losing the spine of the side through injuries in the second half.Anyone that finishes above Tamworth will be top three on this evidence whilst Bromsgrove will also be around the play offs if they can get everyone fit imo 

What happened towards the end of the game with all the sending's off for Tamworth?

7 minutes ago, Darran said:

What happened towards the end of the game with all the sending's off for Tamworth?

The referee struggled all game as usual at this level(not easy with all sorts going on)with both the tamworth management team booked in the first half, loads of bookings in the second half. First sending off was in the 94th minute for a Tamworth player getting a second yellow for overcelebrating their equalizer and then a second tamworth player sent off on the final whistle for dissent. Great game, great drama