Racing chat -monday 5th Oct

12.30 Pontefract - 1pt win Power Station @ 7/1 Bet365

Couldn't get involved at Doncaster last time over 7f but was keen early and I think on form, this one looks like a stiff 6f will be spot on for him. Ran well on good to soft two starts back, registering his highest rating in the process, and being by Footstepsinthesand, soft ground ought to suit too. Can settle better over this trip and still has some scope off this mark.

1.30 Pontefract - 1pt e/w Tidal Point @ 40/1 Bet365

This is going to be an absolute slog and I think I'd be tempted to look outside of those at skinny prices as a result. Tidal Point was a good 2nd at Haydock off 5lbs higher last year over 1m6f on soft ground and whilst hasn't run over extreme distances such as today, shapes as if he should stay okay. Has had two modest runs so far this season but shaped a bit better last time when only fading late in the day and could be ready to do himself justice now after 2 runs since a lengthy absence. Big price so will have a nibble in the hope he's now primed to take another step forward.

2.00 Pontefract - 1pt e/w Monsieur Patat @ 8/1 Bet365

Won well two starts back at Windsor on soft ground but failed to back that up there last time, staying on into midfield on good ground but couldn't get involved. Paid to race handy that day and the return to more testing conditions and a stiffer finish can help him resume his progress.

3.00 Pontefract - 1pt e/w Zodiakos @ 12/1 Bet365

Has been running okay recently, staying on at sharper tracks than this and the return to a real test over a mile looks welcome. Relishes soft ground and isn't off a bad mark here. Ordinarily wouldn't be that keen on a wide drawn runner at Pontefract but good chance they'll come to the stands rail in these conditions which negates that somewhat and optimistic of a good run. 

1 hour ago, Bathtime For Rupert said:

12.30 Pontefract - 1pt win Power Station @ 7/1 Bet365

Couldn't get involved at Doncaster last time over 7f but was keen early and I think on form, this one looks like a stiff 6f will be spot on for him. Ran well on good to soft two starts back, registering his highest rating in the process, and being by Footstepsinthesand, soft ground ought to suit too. Can settle better over this trip and still has some scope off this mark.

1.30 Pontefract - 1pt e/w Tidal Point @ 40/1 Bet365

This is going to be an absolute slog and I think I'd be tempted to look outside of those at skinny prices as a result. Tidal Point was a good 2nd at Haydock off 5lbs higher last year over 1m6f on soft ground and whilst hasn't run over extreme distances such as today, shapes as if he should stay okay. Has had two modest runs so far this season but shaped a bit better last time when only fading late in the day and could be ready to do himself justice now after 2 runs since a lengthy absence. Big price so will have a nibble in the hope he's now primed to take another step forward.

2.00 Pontefract - 1pt e/w Monsieur Patat @ 8/1 Bet365

Won well two starts back at Windsor on soft ground but failed to back that up there last time, staying on into midfield on good ground but couldn't get involved. Paid to race handy that day and the return to more testing conditions and a stiffer finish can help him resume his progress.

3.00 Pontefract - 1pt e/w Zodiakos @ 12/1 Bet365

Has been running okay recently, staying on at sharper tracks than this and the return to a real test over a mile looks welcome. Relishes soft ground and isn't off a bad mark here. Ordinarily wouldn't be that keen on a wide drawn runner at Pontefract but good chance they'll come to the stands rail in these conditions which negates that somewhat and optimistic of a good run. 

Why are there no tips today on the pl???

I think he's asking why there are no tips here (https://www.punterslounge.com/tips/free-horse-racing-tips) today, no idea why he quoted you.

With BillyHills having not logged in since yesterday I imagine its something to do with this. 

I'd also add that these free tips along with the great regular posters in this thread are fantastic, thank you to everyone involved.

Edited by Larkin22

To those above, unfortunately the tragic news about BH will sadly be the answer to what I hoped was an innocuous thing ?

I came back on to post my selections at Wolverhampton this evening - I feel somewhat guilty doing so given the circumstances but the best tribute I suppose we can pay is to maintain and continue to build the community we have here, so I've included these below.

5.20 Wolverhampton - 1pt e/w Bay of Naples @ 8/1 Bet365

5.55 Wolverhampton - 2pts win Whatwouldyouknow @ 11/2 Bet365

6.30 Wolverhampton - 2pts win Running Cloud @ 5/1

7.00 Wolverhampton - 1pt e/w Raven's Raft @ 33/1 PP