** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Racing Chat - Thursday Sept 24th

Good Luck

Before Covid the plan was to meet up with friends at Pontefract tomorrow, but sadly that is not going to happen but have had a look at the card

1.30-Quarantini @ 13-2..each way

2.05-Victory Chime @ 3-1..Win

2.40-Frankel's Storm @ 7-1...each way

3.45-Cloudea @ 10-1..each way

4.20-Abate @ 17-2..Win & James Watt @ 12-1..each way

One Trixie today

1.00 Pont Dark Company £2 win at 7/2
2.25 Nm Betsy Trotter £2 win at 7/2
4.00 Perth Dancing In The sky £2 win at 7/2

One £1 win Trixie = £4 = poss return of £198.50

My pick of PL Tips

1.50 Nm Mark Of The Man £1.20 at 15/2

3.45 Ponte Magical Effect 70p at 12/1

4.20 Pont Saluti £1.20 at  5/1 (doesn't warrant £2 win imo)

Total multiples = £4.00

Singles so far £9.10

Back later with Naps selections

===============================================================================================================

One winner today so my Trixie failed.  £4 loss and the balance c/fwd is £658.69 (£800 Bank)

One winner for the singles and one non runner.  Therefore outlay (£9.10) + £1.20 + £9 = + £1.10.  the balance c/fwd is £236.73 (£400 Bank)

My pick of PL tips 2 losers and one non runner = - £1.90 c/f

Didn't have time for my pick of PL naps which is a pity as there were a number of winners

More class action at Newmarket tomorrow.  Trying to find a way to cut down time spent on finding my selections.  No matter how long I spend it does not seem to affect the outcome(s), so I may as well cut some corners.

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

1.10 Perth - 1pt e/w Farocco @ 20/1 Bet365

9 runners here and I just thought I'd give an each way squeak to Farocco who whilst not setting anything alight in his hurdling career, has had plenty of excuses along the way be it the company he faced, the ground or something being amiss during the race. Has looked a little bit better since allowed to stride out prominently in his races and wasn't beaten too far last time behind a couple of decent types. This is easier and whilst needing to prove he stays, in a weak race is a big price so will give him another chance.

1.50 Newmarket - 1pt win Olympic Theatre @ 17/2 Bet365

Only a small field but plenty who like to go forward so hopefully we'll get an end to end gallop here to the benefit of Olympic Theatre. Typically gets outpaced before staying on again over 7f and the extra furlong here can suit with plenty of stamina on his dam's side. Stiff finish here can suit too and looks overlooked here at a big price given there are only 5 runners. 

2.05 Pontefract - 1pt e/w Dontaskmeagain @ 15/2 Bet365

A bit disconcerting that there's not much support around for this one after a lengthy break but clearly was amiss when flopping last time but looks to hold a big chance if fit on his two novice wins. Won very readily twice over 7f including on soft ground with the form decent too and suggesting this mark wouldn't be beyond him. Very much bred to come into his own over middle distances which he gets here and if fit ought to go well.

2.25 Newmarket - 1pt e/w Caspian Queen @ 9/1 Bet365

Should be a good gallop on here and Caspian Queen has had excuses this season and could be primed to strike now. Ought to have won at Goodwood earlier in the summer when hampered, outpaced and then flying home for a close 2nd and never travelled at this venue next time out. Has been given time between runs since and ran as well as could be expected really in a listed event at Pontefract last time out. Can follow a good pace here and hopefully strike late. 

4.00 Perth - 1pt e/w Another Theatre @ 16/1 Bet365

Was never put in the race on seasonal reappearance here last time and I'm hoping with fitness improved, he can be sighted a bit more today up in trip. An easy 2m4f should be within range and he does have enough ability to threaten here if on a going day. Can get behind in his races so I'm hoping for a more positive ride here today which allows him to get involved in the contest.

4.20 Pontefract - 1pt e/w Mushaarif @ 15/2 PP

Ought to have been placed last time when running into trouble late on and conditions are spot on for him here. A stiff 5f is ideal and I'm hoping he can sit handy here and kick off the home turn. Has stronger handling today with Paul Hanagan taking over and he has plenty of course form. Has looked a winner in waiting a couple of times this season already and I think with a decent early position, should go close.

22 hours ago, Striker said:

Good Luck

Before Covid the plan was to meet up with friends at Pontefract tomorrow, but sadly that is not going to happen but have had a look at the card

1.30-Quarantini @ 13-2..each way

2.05-Victory Chime @ 3-1..Win ?

2.40-Frankel's Storm @ 7-1...each way

3.45-Cloudea @ 10-1..each way

4.20-Abate @ 17-2..Win & James Watt @ 12-1..each way

Nothing to get excited about