Racing Chat - Thursday Sept 10th

415 donc 

Fresh 225 +3 

Gunmetal  223+3 

Both of these have big chances to improve today ....fresh has been scorching the all weather and looks a horse on the upgrade...questions over whether he can translate that to turf but if he can then could be well hccapped......gunmetal has been frustrating...has the ability but can never seem to get it together but today drops in grade and 5 lb claimer and ideal conditions there are no excuses now ....looks today or never I'd expect a big run on the cards 

10pt win fresh  3.2 betfair 

10pt win gunmetal 15/2 bet365 

Edited by richard-westwood

1.40 Doncaster - 1pt e/w Golden Melody @ 14/1 Bet365

Have to take a bit of a chance with this filly but was very impressive on debut at Haydock in a race that worked out very well and on that evidence is well handicapped today. Although well held ultimately at Royal Ascot, she ran better than the bare result, travelling best of all and leading a couple of furlongs out before the pace collapsed - nothing that was up with the pace finished within 7 lengths of Dandalla and the first three were all held up so she just did too much too soon that day. Flopped up to 7f on soft last time having raced too freely but she has lots of pace, back to 6f a good thing, quicker ground ought to not inconvenience and has had a break to hopefully get her back to top form. If bouncing back she can go well here off a mark of 84.

2.10 Doncaster - 1pt e/w Dubai Fountain @ 14/1 Bet365

A few of these have plenty of potential and the race won at Ascot by the favourite looked likely to be a good race at the time. That said, I thought the battle-hardened Dubai Fountain could go well from the front. Has been competing in good races over 7f but has been outspeeded late in the day and although you could say she's been vulnerable late on, I think it's more to do with speed than stamina. The step up to a mile can actually suit I believe, especially given the stamina in her pedigree and might be able to grind out a good performance with more experience than most.

2.40 Doncaster - 1pt e/w Dark Lion @ 9/1 Bet365

Shaped very well on debut against a pace bias at Newmarket when sent off favourite and ran a solid, if slightly odd race at Ascot when not really travelling but coming home okay for 4th on the wrong part of the track. Did comfortably the best of those racing towards the near side and ultimately it was a solid run. Got off the mark at Wolverhampton when travelling well over 7f before being closed on towards the finish and again shaped okay over 7f last time in a Group 3 at Sandown. To me, I think he wants to come back down in trip which he gets today and this 6 1/2f trip might prove perfect for him. Has blinkers on first time which is interesting given he doesn't always travel great and hopefully can come roaring back here.

3.15 Doncaster - 2pts win Vivionn @ 11/2 Bet365

Believe in Love is extremely progressive but this is tougher and I like Vivionn here who has rock solid form in the book over 1m4f, typically staying on without the finishing kick of one in front of her and is most interesting stepping up to 1m6f. She's a full sister to a 110 rated filly who saw out 2 miles no problem and this one's running style, including when 2nd last time out, makes her an ideal candidate the extra 2 furlongs today. Expect a rock solid run here.

3.45 Doncaster - 2pts win Cold Front @ 8/1 Bet365

Ran too bad to be true at York and can bounce back here. Thought at the time there were some strange performances that meeting and we've already seen some horses who flopped there bounce right back since, including Favorite Moon. This one is well handicapped on both runs prior to that York appearance and I'm sure will be winning soon off a mark similar to this - hopefully it can be today. 

4.15 Doncaster - 1pt win Call Me Ginger @ 13/2 Bet365

Fancied him at Goodwood two starts back when last of all but clearly wasn't quite right that day as he never really went and proved himself to still be in decent nick when going well from behind at Chester last time - couldn't get involved there but came home well and did best of those held up. Conditions suit more today and he's more than capable of going in off this mark. 

2.40 Don Yazaman 4/1
4.15 Don Fresh 2/1
£2 win double = poss return £30

Other bets

2.10 Don Ubunto £1 win at 9/1
2.10 Don Star of Emraaty £1 win at 10/1

2.40 Don Uncle Jumbo £1 win at 9/2

3.15 Don Dubious Affair 50p win at 33/1

3.45 Don Broughtons Gold £1 win at 15/2

= £2 multiples

= £4.50 singles

= £6.50

========================================================================================

The favourites let me down for the double and the win bets failed to produce a winner as well. 

The Multiples balance c/fwd is £688.69 (£800 Bank)

The singles balance c/fwd is £291.40 (£400 Bank)

Lots of quality racing tomorrow

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

7 hours ago, Bathtime For Rupert said:

1.40 Doncaster - 1pt e/w Golden Melody @ 14/1 Bet365

Have to take a bit of a chance with this filly but was very impressive on debut at Haydock in a race that worked out very well and on that evidence is well handicapped today. Although well held ultimately at Royal Ascot, she ran better than the bare result, travelling best of all and leading a couple of furlongs out before the pace collapsed - nothing that was up with the pace finished within 7 lengths of Dandalla and the first three were all held up so she just did too much too soon that day. Flopped up to 7f on soft last time having raced too freely but she has lots of pace, back to 6f a good thing, quicker ground ought to not inconvenience and has had a break to hopefully get her back to top form. If bouncing back she can go well here off a mark of 84.

2.10 Doncaster - 1pt e/w Dubai Fountain @ 14/1 Bet365

A few of these have plenty of potential and the race won at Ascot by the favourite looked likely to be a good race at the time. That said, I thought the battle-hardened Dubai Fountain could go well from the front. Has been competing in good races over 7f but has been outspeeded late in the day and although you could say she's been vulnerable late on, I think it's more to do with speed than stamina. The step up to a mile can actually suit I believe, especially given the stamina in her pedigree and might be able to grind out a good performance with more experience than most.

2.40 Doncaster - 1pt e/w Dark Lion @ 9/1 Bet365

Shaped very well on debut against a pace bias at Newmarket when sent off favourite and ran a solid, if slightly odd race at Ascot when not really travelling but coming home okay for 4th on the wrong part of the track. Did comfortably the best of those racing towards the near side and ultimately it was a solid run. Got off the mark at Wolverhampton when travelling well over 7f before being closed on towards the finish and again shaped okay over 7f last time in a Group 3 at Sandown. To me, I think he wants to come back down in trip which he gets today and this 6 1/2f trip might prove perfect for him. Has blinkers on first time which is interesting given he doesn't always travel great and hopefully can come roaring back here.

3.15 Doncaster - 2pts win Vivionn @ 11/2 Bet365

Believe in Love is extremely progressive but this is tougher and I like Vivionn here who has rock solid form in the book over 1m4f, typically staying on without the finishing kick of one in front of her and is most interesting stepping up to 1m6f. She's a full sister to a 110 rated filly who saw out 2 miles no problem and this one's running style, including when 2nd last time out, makes her an ideal candidate the extra 2 furlongs today. Expect a rock solid run here.

3.45 Doncaster - 2pts win Cold Front @ 8/1 Bet365

Ran too bad to be true at York and can bounce back here. Thought at the time there were some strange performances that meeting and we've already seen some horses who flopped there bounce right back since, including Favorite Moon. This one is well handicapped on both runs prior to that York appearance and I'm sure will be winning soon off a mark similar to this - hopefully it can be today. 

4.15 Doncaster - 1pt win Call Me Ginger @ 13/2 Bet365

Fancied him at Goodwood two starts back when last of all but clearly wasn't quite right that day as he never really went and proved himself to still be in decent nick when going well from behind at Chester last time - couldn't get involved there but came home well and did best of those held up. Conditions suit more today and he's more than capable of going in off this mark. 

Nowhere

2nd

4th

2nd

2nd

2nd

Painful.