** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Tuesday Jan 21st

I like Hurricane Arcadio in the 3:45 at Leicester, Up 3lb for finishing strongly last time, where he would have been closer without an error at the 2nd last when steadily closing.Was a bit outpaced in that race so the more galloping track and softer ground should help (stayed 3m in points) and will hopefully jump better, Main worry is if he's a bit fresh after 47 days off. Currently 5/2 and was backed last time.

What's the Scoop has been running pretty well but has looked one paced, I reckon he can get 2nd though,

2 hours ago, yossa6133 said:

I like Hurricane Arcadio in the 3:45 at Leicester, Up 3lb for finishing strongly last time, where he would have been closer without an error at the 2nd last when steadily closing.Was a bit outpaced in that race so the more galloping track and softer ground should help (stayed 3m in points) and will hopefully jump better, Main worry is if he's a bit fresh after 47 days off. Currently 5/2 and was backed last time.

What's the Scoop has been running pretty well but has looked one paced, I reckon he can get 2nd though,

I think hurricane has a great chance and will back with you on this , also taking e/w on indian native at 9/1. Good luck ?

I will post on here rather than starting a new thread so that everyone can get a feel for my selections. I always look out for market moves (% moves) using the racing post 'tissue' as the expected price. I keep track of stables coming into form as best I can, and look for any positives I can find. Just because a horse is backed does not necessarily make it a bet for me, some are just a smokescreen IMO.

The one that interests me today runs in the 7.15 at Newcastle.

7.15 Newc - Ken's Sam's (best 3/1 but generally 11/4)

It was only beaten a nose over CD a year ago from a 5lb higher mark. Ben Curtis booked to ride. (15/2 - 11/4) [approx 15% move] Irish trainer travelling over.

Edited by Bang on

hi, i'm not knocking the method if you have something that works for you, great. but i would say the move on this was actually drifting as it was never a 15/2 shot apart from in the opinion of the guy doing the tissue at racing post.