** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

BDO World Champioships

Fader

This gets started tomorrow. Very much a hugely weak field in which the prize money has been lowered (believe it or not) I want somebody that has experience here. I think the likely winner looks in the top half.

My first bet is Scott Waites. I think he beats Harms. He will have a tough match against the winner of Mitchell and Unterbuchner but if he wins that, it should be pretty straightforward to the final. He's always performed here, only losing to Durrant (twice) and Noppert and none of those boys are here no more. I do feel that the winner of Unterbuchner Vs Scott Mitchell will give him a real game but i'm finding it very hard to call the winner.

In the bottom half (much like the PDC for Gezza Price) it's made up for Jim Williams. The only player who will probably test him is Veenstra. At 8/1 no thank you. Instead, I'll take a chance on the 11th ranked Vandenbogaerde.

2pts E/W S.Waites to win BDO Worlds 10/1 coral
1.5pts E/W S.Mitchell to win BDO Worlds 14/1 sportingbet
0.75pts E/W M.Unterbuchner to win BDO Worlds 20/1 bet365
0.75pts E/W M.Vandenbogaerde to win BDO Worlds 25/1 sportingbet

My only bet for the women will be Laura Turner e/w I just think the price is too big for players she's beaten in the past. Not a whole lot of time for reasoning.

1pt E/W L.Turner 40/1 ladbrokes

One for the BDO today and I'm taking Herewini to beat Stainton. 

5.5pts Herewini to beat Stainton 8/11 bet365

I'm going to take one of my outrights to win today. It will perhaps be a close match, as Mandigers is a good player. They've played 5 times and Mandigers has won 3 of those. However, Unterbuchner won the last match and the only match of 2019.

5.5pts M.Unterbuchner to beat W.Mandigers 8/11

BDO World Championships ]
bets = 1/1 matchplay. 0/0 accys. 0/0 outrights
bank  +4pts

Darts 2020  +56pts

Looking at today's matches and there are alot of outside chances. I'm going take Pascaru in the first match (1.15pm) He seems to come into this with good form, albeit at lower levels than this event. In his last 3 tournaments he has won the Hungarian Masters, won the Russian Open and got to the final of the Saint Petersburg event. He faces unknown Justin Hood. He qualified by beating Jeff Smith so he obviously has abit of quality, but I'm going with the more experience here.

The other bet I like is Hogan to beat Smith-Neale. Hogan is a good player who got an 88 average in his prelim match. Smith-Neale hasn't got a whole lot of experience on the big stage and went out 3-0 in a prelim last year.

2pts G.Pascaru to beat J.Hood 7/4 bet365
4pts P.Hogan to beat A.Smith-Neale evens betfair
1pt accy - Pascaru, Cameron, Hamilton & Hogan 28/1 betfair

small profit yesterday. Today I'm taking Nick Fullwell first up, to beat David Evans. Evans is ranked 14th in the BDO and comes into this fresh and his first match whereas Fullwell has already been out there and produced a nice display in beating a decent player in David Cameron 3-1. He managed a 90.44 average in that match too. Much like my second pick, Justin Hood. He really impressed me with his cover shots and hit a 171 about 4 times in his win over Pascaru. Pascaru was well in the match after 2 sets, but Hood just outscored him from there. Veenstra is a top drawer player but we've seen players struggle in the first matches they have played. That even goes for the PDC.

5pts N.Fullwell to beat D.Evans 11/10 bet365
2.5pts J.Hood to beat R.Veenstra 21/10 sportingbet

bets = 3/4 matchplay. 0/1 accys. 0/0 outrights
bank  +9pts

Darts 2020  +61pts

frustrating day. Fullwell found a way to lose and all 3 of the evening matches I'd have tipped up if I didn't go to the gym. Ahh

Today, I'm taking Wayne Warren to beat the Hammer. Hamilton used to be my favourite player on the PDC circuit back in the day but he's really looking fragile up there. Warren is a really good player who will threaten in the latter stages of this tournament. They've played twice together. 2018 and 2019 and both times Warren won (4-3,4-2)

The other I like is Unterbuchner to beat Scott Mitchell. I have both on the outright betting, but Mitchell looked abit suspect after the first set and I wonder if that's going to be the fact he's about 50 stone now. :D lucky for him the teen he played didn't turn up or most likely he would have lost. I think both Mitchell and Waites look vulernable today but I'm hoping Waites can make it through

5pts W.Warren to beat A.Hamiton 7/10 betfair
4pts M.unterbuchner to beat S.Mitchell evens ladbrokes
1pt accy - warren, landman, unterbuchner & harms 10/1 betfair

bets = 3/6 matchplay. 0/1 accys. 0/0 outrights
bank  +1.5pts

Darts 2020  +53.5pts

1 hour ago, notanotherdonkey said:

I have taken a punt at 8-1 R Veenstra before the tournament started and won quite convincingly yesterday.Harms was pushed against the swede but then went up another gear and is still a worthy favourite.Good Luck

Harms isn't the favourite. 10s avaliable for Veenstra. Looked very good in his last match.

well, on the whole, I think I'm happy with the tournament so far. Mitchell and Waites both increased their level when they needed to which guarentees a man in the semi-finals atleast from the outrights.Slip inside of a loss for the thread, but plenty of time to make it up.

no bets for me today as of yet. I'm just looking through to see if there is any decent value. May be back in the next couple of hours.

bets = 4/8 matchplay. 0/2 accys. 0/0 outrights
bank  -2.5pts

Darts 2020  +49.5pts

Well that is my selection out and I do not know what it is with the name Evans but beat me at darts and Tennis last night as Australia lose the first rubber 1-0..Poor form at the minute but I think to many Micky mouse tournaments does not help in sport.I knew I should of taken a break and recharge and re group but hey ho.Good Luck if you are playing as you will need it.

so by the end of today we'll know the 4 semi-finalists. It's the first match that I'll be taking Wayne Warren to win with a -1.5 set handicap. I mentioned before how I think Warren will go far and now he is the only thing stopping one of my boys getting to the final. I'll let him win this one and then hopefully he can choke in the next round.

Averages between these two are too far apart on inspection. Warren has two steady 92 averages. Landman has a 84 and a 87 average.

With the other match, I do fancy my man Vandenbogarde but I wont tip him up. I'll let the outright ride and hope he gets through. Evans was really good in the last round but in darts you see alot guys have average performances after a top performance. Veenstra in his 2nd match for example, compared to his first. I get the feeling that we'll see a fall-off with Evans and his average could drop to the mid to late 80s.

I'll leave Waites Vs Mitchell match alone but would fancy Waites. I'm tempted by Hogan against Jim Williams. I think that's Williams first big test. I'll stick with one.

5.5pts W.Warren (-1.5 sets) to beat C.Landman 8/11 bet365

Waites Vs Super Mario final please :hope

A few I like for the evening. I still have the accy to ride but on-top of that the first is pretty obvious. Hogan looked on top form in the previous rounds and Jim Williams wasn't too bad either. I like Hogan here, but can easily see a deciding set and so 5-3 at worst here. Beau I like purely because she has the name of one of my 6 dogs ha-ha :D and finally Scotty to beat Mitchell. Waites has a real knack of just edging whatever the other guy has in terms of averages. Mitchell did so well to beat unterbuchner but Unterbuchner gave him multiple sets with missed doubles.

4pts Over 7.5 sets (J.Williams Vs P.Hogan) evens betfair
4pts S.Waites to beat S.Mitchell evens bet365
1pt accy - both the above plus Beau-Beau Greaves 7/1 betfred

bets = 5/9 matchplay. 0/2 accys. 0/0 outrights
bank  +1.5pts

Darts 2020  +53.5pts

So very annoying because I looked at Warren pre-tournament but chose to go with Mitchell arghh! anyway both my guys out in the Semi-final before the money so based on that a not very successful tournament for me. On to the Premier League.

bets = 5/10 matchplay. 0/3 accys. 0/3 outrights
bank  -12pts

Darts 2020  +40pts