** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Eredivisie Predictions > Sep 14th & 15th

FC Utrecht vs Emmen

Right, I'm not sure what it is about the Dutch Eredivisie but it always seems to be the least glamorous matches that hold the best value. This week I'm previewing mid-table FC Utrecht versus the struggling Emmen side in a 7:45pm BST kick-off this Saturday evening at the Stadion Galgenwaard Utrecht. Try saying that stadium name without your teeth in!

FC Utrecht have enjoyed a solid start to their season. John van den Brom has seen his team win 2, draw 1, and lose 2 from their first 5 league games. It's been enough to lift them to 8th in the table and they're only 5 points off the league leader pace set by Vitesse. Last season's 6th placed finish is the desired target and right now they're doing enough to keep that ambition. A win here could potentially lift the club into the Champions League qualification spots.

Emmen haven't had quite such the positive time in the top flight of Dutch football. Dick Lukkien's men are wallowing in 16th place with just 1 win from their first 5 league games. 4 defeats have kept them rooted inside the relegation play-off spot with just Fortuna Sittard and the woeful RKC Waalwijk positioned lower than them. Failure to take something from this game could see them drop into the automatic relegation places.

The ELO ratings are firmly backing FC Utrecht to win this one and it's hard to argue. Both of these sides have lost their last two league games so confidence will be low but when you're in a rut like that you'd much rather a home game against a team placed far lower down the table than an away trip to a team placed a lot higher than you. I am not looking beyond a convincing home win here against an Emmen side I think could be going down this season.

FC Utrecht -1 @ 1.85 with Coral

FC Utrecht HT/FT @ 1.91 with Boylesports

@laprikon, @TOTTI3, @Rimmed, @Magic0024, @Xcout, @malabgd, @Niceguy, and @Charon84, are you guys betting on the Dutch action this weekend?