Naps - Wednesday June 19th

Divine Spirit 2.30 Ascot (E.Way 12/1 W.Hill)

There are 28 runners lining up in the Queen Mary but horses with a single figure draw are best avoided. My focus is on Divine Spirit who is nicely drawn in stall 17. She was purchased by Godolphin for an eye watering £850k before making her debut at Windsor. She duly obliged, running the 5f in less than one minute (0.7 seconds quicker than average). This run was even more impressive given that she bolted on the way to the start and needed to wait for a gap to appear before running out a comfortable winner. She should be suited by Ascot’s tougher 5f being a daughter of Irish 2000 Guineas winner Kingman.

Ascot 4:20 Bella Ragazza - 40/1 Ladbrokes e/w thanks 

Bella Ragazza - from Hughie Morrison yard my country's flag on the back of the jockey will do for me , The 4yo has won three times from 7f to 1m on good and good to soft ground but has still to finish in frame this season after two runs a 5th and 4th place in last run 18 days in the Group 3 Princess Elizabeth Stakes at Epsom 1m GF when 4th beaten 4.5 lengths by Anna Nerium , With the rain yesterday this could help the horse as the last 1m win came on GS , Jockey David Probert takes the ride and already won on her