** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Non-League Predictions > February 16th

Darran

It was good to be back in profit on a Saturday after a couple of tough weekends. Hopefully that will continue this Saturday where I have 6 bets.

Boreham Wood v Hartlepool

Just one bet in the National League this week and I am glad that Wood have signed Haringey's star striker this week as it makes them even weaker in their bid to stop Dorking winning the Bostik Premier, but I am not sure he will turn the home sides form around. Goals have been an issue for them so they have had to do something and they were lacking in that department again on Saturday when losing 1-0 at Maidenhead. It has been 6 league games since they last picked up 3 points although to be fair they have drawn half of those so they are still making themselves hard to beat, but I think the away side are value here. Having only lost twice at home they have then gone and lost their last two home games to Maidstone and Havant and Hartlepool should on paper be a much tougher test. Richard Money was a mistake, but at least Hartlepool have done something about it and the team has really improved for Craig Hignett. They beat Braintree and then they drew with Leyton Orient last Saturday and if they had scored a penalty then they would have taken 3 points against the team 2nd in the league. I think they have a real chance of picking up 3 points here and the 12/5 with Bet365 and BetVictor.

Hampton & Richmond v Gloucester City

For my sins I am off to watch my side again on Saturday. I have seen us more this season than I have for a long time and given I have only seen us win once it has been on the whole a pretty depressing experience. However I think we are a very attractive price to win this. We had to sack Chris Todd as his stint was a massive failure, but I thought getting Mike Cook in his place was a mistake. However he has massively improved the side and they have won 2 and drawn 2 of the 4 games he has been in charge for. Crucially in that time just one goal has been conceded and we look as strong at the back as we did before Todd took over. Granted goals are still a concern and the 2 against Slough on Tuesday night were the first 2 goals from open play since before Christmas.1st half against Slough we only had one shot, but the 2nd half was much better and we scored 2 good goals. If we can play like that then I am very hopeful we can beat a Hampton side who I don't rate at all. Strangely enough they also played Slough in their last match and they were very lucky to get a point as Slough were much the better team and Hampton equalised in injury time. I have said before there is little between most of the sides in the bottom half of the NLS and there is no way City should be over 3/1 to win this game. Hampton struggle to score goals so a 0-0 wouldn't be a big surprise, but Gloucester are playing with much more confidence than they were and there is every chance they could get the 1 goal which might well be all they need to win this.

Slough v Dartford

Speaking of Slough for all they should have won last Saturday against Hampton the fact remains they have only won once in their last 9 games and not at all in their last 5. That is puts them in 20th place in the 10 game form table. Their issues seem to be in the 2nd half as that seems to be where they are dropping points. Dartford are flying at the moment and it looks like they will be in the play-offs yet again. They have only lost twice in their last 10 matches and that has seen them rise up the table. Their away form is a slight concern. It took them until deep into injury time to beat a 9 man Woking in their last away game and they hadn't won in 4 prior to that including only drawing at East Thurrock. However that is more than factored into the price as they shouldn't be anywhere near 3/1 (BetVictor) to win this.

Truro v Oxford City

Oxford's form has fallen off the edge of a cliff and they have picked up just one point in their last 6 games. That point came against an out of form Eastbourne side as well. Truro might have only won one of their last 5, but they have only lost by the odd goal when they have lost and those were against better teams than Oxford. I think they are a bit better than their league position suggests as well and given they have more to play for than Oxford I think a price just over 6/4 (Marathon) looks a good one about a home win.

Darlington v Southport

Granted the home side are doing pretty well themselves having lost just twice in their last 9 league games although the win at Blyth was their first in 4. Southport's good form looked to have come to an end losing two including 4-0 at home to AFC Telford, but they then bounced straight back with a hugely impressive 5-3 win over leaders Chorley last Saturday. This is no gimmie, but I do think the away side are over priced at 21/10 (BetVictor) because I do think they are one of the best teams in the division despite their league position.

Treble

I rarely put up a treble, but this one pays 5/1 with BetVictor and it makes plenty of appeal. I have written plenty about Bradford Park Avenue and the fact they clearly don't want promotion. I'm not surprised Altrincham have been backed and I think they will win. Nuneaton look in even a bigger mess than they did when I opposed them last week as the new owner has left them this week and the club really is in a sorry state. I just can'[t see how 3rd placed Spennymoor don't pick up another 3 points. Welling have had to cut their budget in recent weeks as well which is a shame as it might well cost them a play-off place. Torquay travel to South East London this weekend and they look almost unstoppable at the moment and are pretty much scoring goals for fun.

Hartlepool 1pt @ 12/5 with Bet 365 and BetVictor

Gloucester 1pt @ 63/20 with Marathon

Dartford 1pt @ 3/1 with BetVictor

Truro 1pt @ 153/100 with Marathon

Southport 1pt @ 21/10 with BetVictor

Altrincham/Spennymoor/Torquay 1pt @ 5/1 with BetVictor

I was considering putting Spennymoor up as a bet on the handicap and then decided to add them into the treble, but on thinking about it again I actually think it is worth backing them on the handicap. Boston put 5 past them last week and as I mention in the preview things have got even worse for them off the field in the week. As long as Spennymoor take the game seriously they could easily put a few past them as well.

Spennymoor -1 2pts @ 8/5 with Betfair, 1pt on the -2 @ 15/4 with Unibet and 0.5pts @ 9/1 with Unibet

Hey @Darran what do you think about Matlock - Farsley from NPl Premier Division? I read that Matlock are having injury crises:

Matlock Town, injury crsis. They are without Jamie Jackson, Marcus Marshall, Cleveland Taylor, Brad Beatson + 4 new fresh injured players Craig Westcarr, Jordan Chapell, Greg Tempest and Dwayne Willey.

https://www.matlockmercury.co.uk/sport/football/matlock-town-face-another-injury-crisis-1-9591838

Odds for Farsley win looks good, don't you think?

Salford vs Dover (1) 1.80

Thought long and hard for this match, eventually decided to go with the home team. They are well-rested as not one single player played in the FA trophy match. Dover's defence last game was terrible and with the same makeshift defence again, i seriously doubt things are going to improve and hope that Salford outscores Dover.

5 hours ago, cc135 said:

Salford vs Dover (1) 1.80

Thought long and hard for this match, eventually decided to go with the home team. They are well-rested as not one single player played in the FA trophy match. Dover's defence last game was terrible and with the same makeshift defence again, i seriously doubt things are going to improve and hope that Salford outscores Dover.

Like I said been poor for weeks could struggle to reach the playoffs at this rate 

On 17/02/2019 at 4:20 AM, Darran said:

Like I said been poor for weeks could struggle to reach the playoffs at this rate 

Yeah, mate.. simply shocking, they fielded kids for the FA trophy, one would think that some effort sort of resurgence would be seen in a league match.. so disappointing... :\