** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Non-League Predictions > February 9th

Darran

I didn't do too badly with picking out games that would be on last week, but sadly Stockport were the only winners although at least they kept losses down given the big price they were. Dorking came good in mid-week which pretty much covered Saturday's losses. No weather issues this weekend so unlike the horse racing everything should be on.

Aldershot v Eastleigh

Aldershot holding Dagenham to a draw was costly a couple of weeks ago, but I think there is value in opposing them again here. I wrote in that preview that Dagenham should only need 1 goal and it wasn't quite enough in the end, but the fact remains that Aldershot aren't heavy scorers and there is every chance Eastleigh again will only need 1 goal. Eastleigh's away form had been strong and then they only got 1 point in 4 away league games, but they bounced back a couple of weeks ago when winning at Bromley. They are in play-off contention and I'm still not sure that Waddock is going to be able to keep Aldershot up.

Chesterfield v Halifax

I shouldn't have given up on backing the draw in Chesterfield games as in the league they have drawn 4 of their 7 games since they beat Salford which was the last time I backed the draw in their matches. Those 4 have come in their last 5 and the win was only against Aldershot. They were poor in the FA Trophy last weekend and although it might not have been a priority it was still concerning they lost to Brackley so easily. Halifax have drawn their last 5 games and you can add another two if looking at their last 9 league matches. The stats clearly tell you that the draw is value here and it has to be worth a play.

Wrexham v Dagenham & Redbridge

God knows what is going on at Wrexham as yet again losing their manager to the Football League looks set to derail their efforts to get into the Football League. Last season they imploded when Keates left and this season things have gone downhill after Sam Ricketts move. To be fair that's not entirely true as they continued in good form to start with, but since the turn of the year they have been desperate losing 4 on the bounce and managing to only beat a Maidenhead side who managed 1 shot the whole game, 1-0. Another managerial change has happened and inexperience Bryan Hughes has come in. Apparently he is looking to improve their attacking which goes without saying given they struggle for goals. All the upheaval can't be good though and Dagenham have the potential to punish them. I really do have a love/hate relationship with Dagenham this season, but 19/5 really is too big a price to not back them here.

Nuneaton v Boston (National League North)

Pretty safe to say that Nuneaton will be playing Step 3 football next season and despite being taken over things still don't seem great off the pitch. On the pitch they have won just once at home all season and they have picked up just 2 points in their last 8 games. Boston are on the edge of the play-offs and they are pretty solid away from home this season and only lost 1-0 at Spennymoor in their last away game. That is their only defeat in their last 5 matches as well and an odds against quote looks too big for me here.

Hyde United v Matlock (Evo-Stik Northern Premier)

Not only have Matlock won just 4 games on the road this season they are in poor form overall. They have picked up just two points in their last 6 games and although they are only just behind their hosts in the table they are clearly struggling of late. Hyde have been in good form of late and take out the loss to Bamber Bridge their last 9 league matches have seen good performances even in the other two games they have lost which have come against good sides. They look a bet at 6/5.

Spennymoor v Bradford Park Avenue & North Ferriby v Workington

The BPA game got called off last week, but they are worth opposing here against a bang in form Spennymoor side who have won their last 4 league matches and have lost just two of their last 10. BPA have only 2 points in their last 6 games and as I pointed out last week they have let players go as it looks like the club don't really want promotion. The home side have gone odds on now, but I think they are worth doubling up with Workington. Now Workington are 1 from bottom and North Ferriby are bottom in the Evo-Stik Northern Premier, but it really should be an away win. North Ferriby have won 2 lost 22 and have a goal difference of -51. Workington are showing signs of possibly being able to stay up and they do have games in hand to help as well. North Ferriby have lost 9 on the bounce and have conceded at least twice in all of them. Workington have won their last 2 and only lost on of their last 4. This is a must win game for them if they are going to stay up whereas North Ferriby know their fate already. The double pays 257/100 with Marathon.

Eastleigh 1pt @ 17/10 with Marathon & William Hill

Chesterfield v Halifax draw 1pt @ 13/5 with Bet365

Dagenham & Redbridge 1pt @ 19/5 with Betfred

Boston 2pts @ 53/50 with Marathon

Hyde United 2pts @ 6/5 with BetVictor

Spennymoor/Workington 1pt double @ 257/100 with Marathon

36 minutes ago, Mindfulness said:

Is this the weekend where we finally avoid the sword of Daggercles, Dagenhamcles, Dag-cles...

tenor.gif?itemid=3493332

Darran knows I'm all over Dagenham this week. As a Wrexham fan it deopresses me to look at the goings on in recent weeks. He's only summarised the half of it. As a fan I want my bet to lose but we aren't in great form and thus isn't helping.

14 minutes ago, bartonbank said:

Darran knows I'm all over Dagenham this week. As a Wrexham fan it deopresses me to look at the goings on in recent weeks. He's only summarised the half of it. As a fan I want my bet to lose but we aren't in great form and thus isn't helping.

Yes I will be joining you guys and have backed Dagenham on the double chance but they have been the betting bogey boys of national league recently, there's always one team that has to menace the punters.

I'm sorry to hear that Wrexham have imploded again this season, I take it you don't have high expectations for the remainder of the campaign?

Aldershot vs Eastleigh (2) DNB 1.98 1u

Rendell fails to recover for this match and this is a huge blow to Aldershot. Two new signings start for them, but their inability to score will haunt them imo. Eastleigh with best possible lineup, should have too much quality in the end. DNB is generous enough.

Maidstone vs AFC Fylde (2) 1.85 1u

AFC Fylde with the same lineup vs Solihull, should have too much for Maidstone who are still without Turgott and today starting with four debutantes.

Profit on the day so happy enough with that. Boston and Eastleigh both won and I think Workington were 8/11 as the double became a single. Probably a bit unlucky with the draw bet as well as Chesterfield's winner was a penalty.

Good news on the AP front as Dorking have now gone 6 points clear after winning 7-1 today and there are only 10 games left.