** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

2020 Finish continued

waggy

16 minutes ago, Heisenberg68 said:

? 2000 Bets ? 

Though am I imagining it or did the clock get reset at some point, i.e. there have actually been more bets than that in total? I’m guessing the answer is “no” but do you ( @waggy ) have any idea what the return would’ve been to level stakes for the life of the whole thread? I appreciate level stakes are a bit too tame for your tastes! ;)

The thread has not been reset Harry and I hope the 2000 bets is right. To be quite honest I don't know what a level stake total would be. As you say level stakes are not what I like to do. I have cut down a bit on the big bets over the years but I like the buzz of a 'big one' now and again..

5 minutes ago, waggy said:

The thread has not been reset Harry and I hope the 2000 bets is right.

I think at the beginning you started at 1 again at the beginning of each month. I assume, somewhere along the way, you decided just to count the total. I trust you carried on from the aggregate total rather than a monthly total but I won’t be carrying out an audit, not on a Saturday night! :)

In all honesty, and I'm sure @waggy knows this and has no problem with it being pointed out, across all the threads he's put up I'm fairly sure he's down overall. This thread has been the best and most consistent and long may that continue, but I'd say it's a while yet before what's been posted on here is in the black overall.

23 minutes ago, Torque said:

In all honesty, and I'm sure @waggy knows this and has no problem with it being pointed out, across all the threads he's put up I'm fairly sure he's down overall. This thread has been the best and most consistent and long may that continue, but I'd say it's a while yet before what's been posted on here is in the black overall.

Yes, I was aware of that and wasn’t really coming at it from that angle. I was wondering how profitable this thread would have been to level stakes or if it’s only in front because of the occasional “get out of jail” big bets that have brought it back from the brink a few times. Always instructive to know whether a campaign would’ve done better or worse to level stakes. It was my gut feel that the P/L figure was totalled on the fly rather than bets being recorded in a spreadsheet so that it could be easily checked but I thought I’d ask.

Anyway, all the best with the next 2000 bets even if the occasional big “buzz” bet has me watching from behind the sofa!

6 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Yes, I was aware of that and wasn’t really coming at it from that angle. I was wondering how profitable this thread would have been to level stakes or if it’s only in front because of the occasional “get out of jail” big bets that have brought it back from the brink a few times. Always instructive to know whether a campaign would’ve done better or worse to level stakes. It was my gut feel that the P/L figure was totalled on the fly rather than bets being recorded in a spreadsheet so that it could be easily checked but I thought I’d ask.

Anyway, all the best with the next 2000 bets even if the occasional big “buzz” bet has me watching from behind the sofa!

Didn't have your post in mind when I posted @harry_rag :ok