** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Saturday Sep 22nd

6 hours ago, jonshell said:

5:20 Catterick NAPLES BAY 4/1General

wide draw but been in good form over the Summer. Stable still in good form and won on soft as a juvenile 

I agree with your comment about the draw, I think the horse will be so far behind at the bend and will probably go wide! By that time something will be gone and away! It’s not a horse that breaks well either! I would price it up at around 8/1. Good luck though I hope I’m wrong for you! I’m not backing against you or for that matter not at all.

15 hours ago, BillyHills said:

400 Chelmsford

La Fortuna 7/4 bet365

Pretty confident here, been watching this horse and she has been running well without getting noticed, been steadily dropping back down the weights and now into a Class 6 and i expect a much improved performance.

I think the trainer will be wanting it to drop another 5 or 6 before they plunge the big bucks on, so I personally wouldn’t touch it in case that’s exactly what they are going to be doing. Good luck!

16 hours ago, BillyHills said:

400 Chelmsford

La Fortuna 7/4 bet365

Pretty confident here, been watching this horse and she has been running well without getting noticed, been steadily dropping back down the weights and now into a Class 6 and i expect a much improved performance.

You know what’s a very interesting horse is in this race? Eternal Destiny! 5th behind Margub in a higher class at this track. Has to be the best form on offer by a mile! Hadn’t had hard races and let’s be honest up against a right shite bunch here. 

1 hour ago, godofhorses said:

I think the trainer will be wanting it to drop another 5 or 6 before they plunge the big bucks on, so I personally wouldn’t touch it in case that’s exactly what they are going to be doing. Good luck!

Thanks, is there any horses that you actually fancy today and are going to share with us. There are 54 races to choose from. :\

1 hour ago, BillyHills said:

Thanks, is there any horses that you actually fancy today and are going to share with us. There are 54 races to choose from. :\

Hi, yes there are a couple! I’ve put my money on these so far!

3.15 Ayr - Firelight each way - likes the ground/trip and is well treated.

3.30 Newbury - Sioux Nation ew - has previously been beaten by Equilateral when the stable wasn’t firing. Ground/trip ok.

4.00 Chelmsford - Eternal Destiny - win

Reasonable bets on these, I await better info for the big bucks! 

11 minutes ago, godofhorses said:

4.00 Chelmsford - Eternal Destiny - win

Agree that Eternal Destiny is a definite improver to watch out for, will probably be backed if its expected this time, especially from this yard.
Cant agree on your theory that the Margub form is the best form on offer, the winner won easy, Eternal Destiny was slammed 10 lengths could have been more. Many Class 6 handicappers run down the field in Class 4 maiden races, it doesn't mean they are dropping down in class, it just means they were trying to get a good mark by getting beaten the required distance. I would have thought they would be happy with 52 and booked Spencer last time, makes me think they are waiting for something?? Good luck:ok

23 hours ago, BillyHills said:

Agree that Eternal Destiny is a definite improver to watch out for, will probably be backed if its expected this time, especially from this yard.
Cant agree on your theory that the Margub form is the best form on offer, the winner won easy, Eternal Destiny was slammed 10 lengths could have been more. Many Class 6 handicappers run down the field in Class 4 maiden races, it doesn't mean they are dropping down in class, it just means they were trying to get a good mark by getting beaten the required distance. I would have thought they would be happy with 52 and booked Spencer last time, makes me think they are waiting for something?? Good luck:ok

I backed it Eway in the end at 20/1 so a nice earner. Yours won well!