** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > August 25th

Darran

Another good day last Saturday with 4 of the 7 winning although there were a couple of very close misses with Slough and Welling. On the other side of the coin though Hartley Witney scored a very late winner. I have 6 bets for Saturday.

Maidenhead v Maidstone (National League)

A bit of a strange choice for a live game by BT Sport this, but I think the away team offer value. I don't think either team are that good and can see both being involved in a relegation scrap, but I do think that Maidstone have shown more than their hosts so far this season. Maidenhead have only got 1 point so far and that was in a draw against Dagenham who also have only picked up a point. That sums both teams up for me and Maidenhead were again comfortably beaten by Hartlepool on Saturday 2-1. I took on Maidstone last week, but they did well to see off an in form Barrow 1-0 and they managed to beat Dagenham earlier in the season as well as picking up a point against Hartlepool. For me Maidstone have the edge here and I am surprised they are as big as 57/25 for this. It probably wont be a classic, but hopefully we can come away with a profit.

Dagenham & Redbridge v Hartlepool (National League)

Ironically given these two teams feature heavily in the above preview they also play each other this weekend and again I fancy the away team. It isn't a great surprise to see Dagenham struggling given they have no money and I have my doubts about manager Peter Taylor. They will do well to stay up this season whereas Hartlepool should really be looking at trying to get into the play-offs. They have had a frustrating start, but they have only lost one of their first five games (to Ebbsfleet) so it hasn't been a total disaster. They also hadn't won until that win over Maidenhead last weekend though which will disappoint the fans. They do however look a better side than their hosts and I would make them favourites for this so the 191/100 with Marathon makes plenty of appeal.

Ebbsfleet v Aldershot (National League)

Aldershot look a long way from the teams who reached the play-offs in the last couple of seasons. They have only scored twice this term and both of those came in their only victory against Dagenham. I am sure Gary Waddock will turn it around, but it may take a bit longer yet and I think Ebbsfleet can beat them on Saturday. I put Ebbsfleet up last week and they beat Barnet 3-0 and Barnet have been every bit as disappointing as Aldershot. Ebbsfleet have lost their two home games so far, but they came against Chesterfield and Sutton and they probably deserved something from both matches. This match should be easier and on current form you would make them odds on to win this so the 11/10 with Betfred is fair enough.

Havant & Waterlooville v Salford (National League)

Regular readers will know it is fairly rare to look outside of the win/draw/win market and I don't often tip up at odds on either. I am however doing both with this game. I did have Havant down on my shortlist to back as they can score goals and Salford still look ropey at the back. However I thought Salford would be around 11/10 and they aren't so it makes it a no bet for me on that side of things. What does appeal though is over 2.5 goals at 5/6 with Marathon. Both teams have scored in all of Salford's games so far and they look rather suspect in defence at the moment. 3 of their games have finished 2-1 and they were the right side of a 5 goal thriller against Chesterfield last week. Havant on the other hand have been involved in two 4-3 games the last twice as well as a 3-0 defeat on the opening day of the season. Both sides have goals in them and both sides concede for fun thus I think the over 2.5 goals price should be shorter (cue a goalless draw!).

Blyth Spartans v Chorley (National League North)

Chorley are now favourites for the title and I am not surprised.They have been really impressive so far winning 5/5 and they are yet to concede a goal. Apart from beating Chester 8-1 Blyth have really struggled this season and have only picked up a point from their other 4 games. They lost 3-1 at Alfreton last week and they have a bit of an injury crisis in defence at the moment. Given Chorley's defence you would think 1 would be enough and Blyth have already conceded 10 goals this season. 133/100 with Marathon looks a very attractive bet.

Wealdstone v Concord (National League South)

Probably the game of the day in the division and although the Concord price has come in I still think the current price is attractive enough. Sportingbet are 31/10 and then Bet365 are 14/5. Obviously we are talking about two really good sides and the home side did us a big favour last week when beating Dartford 3-0. Concord though have won 4 and drawn 1 of their five games and that draw came against Billericay. It obviously is no gimmie, but Concord should be more like 15/8 so in a game they are more than capable of winning I have to back them.

Maidstone 1pt @ 57/25 with Marathon

Hartlepool 1.5pts @ 191/100 with Marathon

Ebbsfleet 2pts @ 11/10 with Betfred

Havant v Salford over 2.5 goals 2.5pts @ 5/6 with Marathon

Chorely 2pts @ 133/100 with Marathon

Concord 1pt @ 31/10 with Sportingbet

Darron, you say you were expecting Salford to be around 11/10, were you looking to back them as Sky Bet are offering them at 13/8? Havant are strangely are favourites here at 6/4, which as Salford have started to find some form but still shipping goals, they need to stop shipping that many goals if they want to win promotion, I find strange  but I'd expect a bit better price on them. It could go either way could this one.

Two other good prices are Halifax at 11/5 and Chesterfield at 11/10 against Barnet. I'm not overly convinced by Halifax but that's a big price for a team who are early pacesetters.

@Kenton Schweppes I think @Darran was looking to back Havant but was hoping that Salford would be shorter so he could get an acceptable price. With it being closer to a coin toss in terms of the prices, he's preferred the overs bet.

Might be worth using the "@" option as I have above to improve the chances of you getting a response (e.g. someone might not see the post in time otherwise). Only just cottoned onto it myself! :)

4 hours ago, harry_rag said:

@Kenton Schweppes I think @Darran was looking to back Havant but was hoping that Salford would be shorter so he could get an acceptable price. With it being closer to a coin toss in terms of the prices, he's preferred the overs bet.

Might be worth using the "@" option as I have above to improve the chances of you getting a response (e.g. someone might not see the post in time otherwise). Only just cottoned onto it myself! :)

Apologies I see now.