Racing Chat - Thursday Aug 9th

340 Haydock

Born To Finish 6/1 betfair

A bit of value here with Born To Finish who came good last time out after several near misses. This is a tougher race but the bigger field will suit and will hopefully find his way through for a late challenge. I like the fact that Kingscote has been booked here and should go well, decent EW bet to nothing for those that like to play it safe.

• BillyHills changed the title to Racing Chat - Thursday Aug 9th
5 hours ago, EviL ZippY said:

like a couple today, Stewardess H3:10, and Mister Ambassador S7:10.

fully expect both to win and prices aren’t awful even now

I’ve noticed a couple of tips on the 3.10 on Stewardess. I’m joining you as I also think it’s in with a very good chance, especially with the claimer negating the additional rise. I’ve a feeling it’s another steak dinner when it wins!

24 minutes ago, godofhorses said:

I’ve noticed a couple of tips on the 3.10 on Stewardess. I’m joining you as I also think it’s in with a very good chance, especially with the claimer negating the additional rise. I’ve a feeling it’s another steak dinner when it wins!

lovely drift out to 4/1 as well 

b00m :) 

Sad about Arden Warrior today (Brighton 15:00 fav).  I saw the replay but I don't understand how he was injured so badly that he had to be put down.  It's not as if he fell or anything dramatic, he just he just pulled up.  I laid him but it will go to a horse charity. :-(

John Butler's only runner at Brighton in Race 1 was as low as 6/5 in some places but went in the stalls a 7/2 chance 

The market spoke long long before ANY horse went in the stalls, ridden by Adam Kirby the horse finished stone last from a small field of 5 and was well beaten, what information did the bookmakers hear long before the race that gave them the confidence in pushing out the price ?, or more to the point why did John Butler even run the horse, YES I'm speaking from my pocket but all i ask is for a good run.

Something in this race just STUNK to high heaven and a lot of punters were took to the cleaners and never stood a chance, it's DISGUSTING races like this that put a very black cloud over the racing game and i then battle to have any future interest in.

John Butler as a trainer should be bloody ashamed of his self for sending that horse out, it was never in the race to ever be competitive or run any kind of race.

Butler.PNG

Edited by Jimmy2shoes