** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Non-League Predictions > Feb 17th

Darran

I know quite a few who follow me probably only backed Aldershot last week and at least they landed the gamble fairly comfortably. The others all lost so overall it was a small loss on the day. Just the 4 bets for this week with some pretty healthy prices amongst them.

Chester v Eastleigh

Eastleigh lost their first game since Andy Hessenthaler took over last week, but Boreham Wood are in really good form themselves at the moment so there wasn't too much lost. This game looks a much easier game on paper as Chester's off the field problems are clearly having a big effect on the pitch as they continue to struggle. They have only won once in their last 9 games and there has even been speculation that boss Marcus Bignot could be getting the sack after the loss at Woking last weekend. He is still in charge at the moment and I must admit given the issues I am not sure anyone else would do any better at the moment. Bet365 are 31/20 about an away win and that for me is too big as I would make the away side clear favourites to get back to winning ways.

Hartlepool v Woking

If things are bad for Chester then they are even worse for Hartlepool. The tax bill has been paid off, but they still need more money and it is hard to see it coming from anywhere. They could enter administration at any stage and I think in some ways they would be better off going down and trying to sort things out at a cheaper level. The other big thing is they are currently under a transfer embargo and it was mentioned they only had 12 senior players available ahead of the Barrow game which ended up being called off last weekend. They may get some injured players back, but regardless it is a weaker squad at the moment than they one that started the season. Woking's away form is pretty shocking as they haven't won in their last 8 on the road, but given how Barrow were so well backed ahead of the game last Saturday, I am a bit surprised Woking are as big as they are here. Woking were looking over their shoulders, but two wins and a draw in their last 3 matches looked to have stopped any relegation fears now. The value is definitely with the away side and I can't believe they are as big as 49/20 (Marathon) to win this.

Sutton v Wrexham

Sutton continue to head the betting for the title, but it makes little sense why they are. The two teams above them both have a game in hand over them and although they are a point in front of Tranmere and have played one game less than them, they aren't as good as Tranmere as was proven when Tranmere ran out comfortable victors against them just before Christmas. Plenty has been said about their 3g pitch this season as they will have to put a grass pitch back down should they gain promotion to the Football League, but the strange thing is they have got more points on their travels this season. They got a point against Barrow on Tuesday night which was hardly a great result and they play a Wrexham team one point above them. This is a big game for the away side because win this and they go 4 points clear of their hosts who do have a game in hand, but they lose and all of a sudden it becomes 2 points behind them and that game in hand. Wrexham are unbeaten in 9 league games although they have drawn 6 and won only 3 of them. It is those draws that might end up costing them the title and I can fully understand why some might want the draw onside here, but for me the 100/30 about an away win is way overpriced and I am happy to take that as they shouldn't be any bigger than 7/4 for me.

Welling v St Albans

I watched Welling last week play my side Gloucester City and I thought City more than deserved the victory despite the winner only coming in injury time. Welling's goals were a deflected effort and a penalty and Gloucester just seemed to want it that bit more and they played some good stuff. I was a bit surprised Welling were as poor as they were to be honest because they came into the game on the back of three victories. St Albans had their game called off last week and obviously what I wrote about them there still rings true this weekend. If Welling play like they did last Saturday then St Albans should be winning this game and as I said last week it is crucial for their title bid if they can back up that impressive Dartford victory. Marathon go a shade over 2/1 and I think that is a big price.

Eastleigh 2pts

Woking 1pt

Wrexham 1pt

St Albans 2pts

Does seem odd why someone who has been a member of the forum for 4 years has chosen to make that their first post. Yeah it was crap today, but had worse days than today though and given the prices I was playing at today it isn't a shock that all of them lost as it happens from time to time. If you want someone who tips up loads of odds on shots than following my tips isn't something I would advise. There's a guy who charges 500 euros who mainly tips odds on shots in the National League so go and follow him instead. Given the amount of winning days there have been so far this season prehaps you were just very unlucky to return to the forum today and follow the tips.

Edited by Darran

45 minutes ago, ccgiles said:

Ignore teddy176 Darran, you can't judge someone on one bad weekend.  I have followed your tips for the past 3 months and found them to be well thought through tips and, more importantly, profitable in the long run.  Please keep posting :-)

Thanks ccgiles. No danger of me not posting my tips so no need to worry about that.