** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

The Daily Spread

Just done a quick check. The bets in here represent around 15% of my spread bets since I started the thread. I'm glad to say that the overall results aren't as bad those in here!

I guess it's partly bad decision making in terms of the bets I've decided to post but largely just luck in terms of such a small sample size.

• 4 weeks later...

Let's get at it again in here! Buy hotshots in Arsenal v Chelsea for 1 point at 35 with SPIN (Lacazette, Sanchez, Morata and Hazard).

40 to buy elsewhere, worth at least 38.5 by my assessment. Track record in here is poor but, overall, I tend to do ok with Hotshots bets where the perceived edge is 10% or more.

Another nilling! Beginning to defy probability now! :loon

442.5 points risked and 224 returned, -218.5 points with an ROI of -49.38%.

5 winners from 22 bets.

I think I might have said I'd stop this if the losses hit 200 points but where's the fun in that! As these are bets I'm having anyway let's press on to 100 to see if, by that time, the results I post in here start to more accurately reflect my overall returns.

One for tonight's rugby to follow shortly.

A bit of a quandary tonight as there are 2 potential bets I could post.

I'll go for the 1 point buy of Ospreys hotshots v Saracens at 20 with SPIN  (D Evans, Watkin, Beck, Hassler). Looks over 3 points short to me which makes for a decent edge, or that's the theory at least!

The other play would have been to sell Bordeaux hotshots against Dragons at 61 with SPIN (Jalibert, Connor, Fuatai, Cros), The price is 54-58 elsewhere and even that looks a bit too high to me. I get a "true" price of 47 and struggle to make it any higher than 54 however I crunch the numbers. In terms of perceived edge I should probably have favoured the sell as the bet to post as today's selection but I've wimped out and gone for the bet with the known downside! :$

(For clarity, I'm on both bets, just had a dilemma over which one to post.)

That didn't go so well, nilling only avoided thanks to 8 points for a "non-runner". Unperturbed, I'm going in with another high buy, but one where I still think there could be a substantial edge (as much as 10 points).

Buy Castleford hotshots (v Widnes) for 1 point at 67 with SPIN (Eden, Minikin, Webster, Gale)

SX go 61-66 but have Shenton in for Eden. Given that Eden's try minutes are 54 to buy and Shenton's just 28, it's fair to say that the former is a more valuable inclusion. I make the SX price about right but the SPIN one generous to buyers. For further context, Eden is 4/7 bets in the anytime market while Shenton is 7/4 and their respective try hauls last season were 38 in 29 and 6 in 26.

31 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Buy Castleford hotshots (v Widnes) for 1 point at 67 with SPIN (Eden, Minikin, Webster, Gale)

SX go 61-66 but have Shenton in for Eden. Given that Eden's try minutes are 54 to buy and Shenton's just 28, it's fair to say that the former is a more valuable inclusion. I make the SX price about right but the SPIN one generous to buyers. For further context, Eden is 4/7 bets in the anytime market while Shenton is 7/4 and their respective try hauls last season were 38 in 29 and 6 in 26.

Bet closed out at 62 for a 5 point loss. Eden doesn't start and, as he's the main reason for liking the bet at the price, I'll close out before SPIN adjust the price. Hitchcox, who starts in his place, is a decent bet at 10/11 anytime and 4/1 2+ with Betfred.

43 points lost on the Wigan hotshots and a 5 point loss taken on the Castleford ones. It's rare for me to ever close out a bet in running, I'm not sure if I've ever closed one out for a loss before the event! It was the wise thing to do though as the make up would have been 33 for a 34 point loss. I managed a small profit on the game courtesy of the Hitchcox try, after deducting the 5 point loss and small losing bets on the brace and hat trick.

598.5 points risked and 328 returned, -270.5 points with an ROI of -45.2%.

7 winners from 30 bets.

Basel v Man C: Buy De Bruyne card minutes for 1 point at 6 with SX.

Not the dirtiest player but sometimes a low risk bet catches your eye in a way that you'd much rather back it and lose than not back it and see it win. He's only been booked 5 times this season but 3 of them came in the Champions League and another was for Belgium in a World Cup qualifier.