** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Daily Spread

No joy with the last bet.

1144 points risked and 918 returned, -226 points with an ROI of -19.76%.

16 winners from 51 bets.

For tonight, buy Panama goal minutes v Denmark for 1 point at 30 with SPIN

Will no doubt be back later to say "never bet on friendlies" but RP have made a decent case for both teams to score in this game and I like the prospect of any Panama goal coming later on when mass substitutions come in to play. Having weighed up the options I've decided I'm going to have a modest bet on the visitors scoring and that this is the best way of doing it.

Montpellier v Castres: Buy Montpellier hotshots for 1 point at 37 with SPIN (Nadolo, Tomane, Fall, Mogg)

44 to buy elsewhere which is only a fraction higher than my valuation of this quartet. My most pessimistic valuation makes 37 a fair price so happy to bet on this one. Win or lose, a hotshots bet where I have an idea of my own price and there's a double digit edge is pretty much the strongest type of bet I can put up in this thread.

No joy last night, a try for each set of hotshots made for a 7 point loss. 1 more try would have been an 18 point profit. No complaints and happy the bet was value which is better than the regret that goes with a less confident bet. For today:

Leicester v Wasps: Buy Leicester hotshots for 1 point at 34 with SPIN (May, Tuilagi, Thompstone, Veainu)

40 to buy with SX which means their assessment is closer to mine. Slightly less than a double digit edge on this one but, looking at the player stats, it's still big enough to justify a bet.

30, 7 and 34 point losses since the last update.

1265 points risked and 968 returned, -297 points with an ROI of -23.48%.

16 winners from 54 bets.

Tonight I've gone for a 1 point buy of Crusaders goal rush v Warrenpoint Town at 36 with SPIN. I think this underestimates the prospects of them scoring 4 or more goals tonight and certainly offers better value than the fixed odds. Not one of my most confident trades (in terms of having a clear view of my own price) but still happy it doesn't fall into the "ill disciplined category". Let's hope that view isn't tested by an unexpected clean sheet for the hosts!

Cowboys v Panthers: Buy Hess try minutes for 1 point at 18 with SX

5 points higher elsewhere, this is the standout way of backing him in this game (their 15/8 anytime being next best) and I’d say they’ve underestimated the prospect of him scoring by a big enough margin to have a bet.

Pau v Stade Francais: Buy SF hotshots for 1 point at 20 with SPIN (Camara, Yobo, Millet, O'Connor)

Bottom line, for me this is over 2 points too low based on how I'd value them. I'm always inclined to play a hotshots bet where my perceived edge is 10% or more. Ideally I'd like strong encouragement from a look at the player stats. In this case I'd describe it more as cautious rather than strong, but good enough to buy at a price that will show 5 points profit for a single try.

Preston v Derby: Buy hotshots for 1 point at 28 with SPIN (Maguire, Barkhuizen, Vydra, Nugent)

Always reluctant to put up the first bet of the day that I've looked at, let alone the first I've backed, but this price is too low whichever what I look at it, and close enough to being break even for a single goal to take the chance that there could be the 2 or more required for profit.

9 point loss but no regrets as think that price was too low as, hopefully, this one is!

Raiders v Bulldogs: Buy Cotric try minutes for 1 point at 18 with SX

A whole 9 points higher elsewhere, this definitely strikes me as generous. A couple of late tries would do for me, I'm not greedy! :)

After a nilling on a buy at 26 last night I'm tempting fate with a buy at the same price today!

Racing 92 v Toulon: Buy Toulon hotshots for 1 point at 26 with SPIN (Radradra, Fekitoa, Ashton, Bonneval)

Toulon stronger at home but always a threat, not least with Ashton involved. I get a notional value of 30 for these 4 so have to get involved with a perceived edge of over 18%.

I seem to have developed an unerring ability to identify my losing bets and post them on here! I suppose the logical thing is to stop placing these bets and just post them on here, with the thread becoming some sort of spread betting equivalent of the picture of Dorian Gray!

I'm not claiming that all my other bets are winners, but it's starting to defy logic how unrepresentative the performance in here is becoming! Still a small sample size though.

Here we go again!

RB Leipzig v Bayer Leverkusen: Buy Keita's goal minutes at 10 and Brandt's also at 10, both with SX

All in all, both players look fairly cheap to me at a price I'd equate to 9/2 anytime. Count this as a single bet, buying both players for 1 point at a combined price of 20.