** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Daily Spread

Toulon v Stade Francais: Buy Stade Francais hotshots for 2 points at 14 with SPIN  (Macalou, Yobo, Arias, Martial)

I make these 4 worth just over 19 so a bigger than average edge, in theory at least. SPIN ask you to pay 17 with Danty in for Macalou and I'd put a similar value on that combo as well. 2 point stake given the perceived edge and the relatively low buy price. I once bought hotshots in a French rugby game at 17 and it made up at 175. Something along those lines today would be most welcome! :lol

Will update after today, mostly losers since the last one!

Racing 92 v La Rochelle: Buy La Rochelle hotshots for 1 point at 25 with SX (Roudil, Murimurivalu, Sinzelle, Rattez)

Not the strongest selection but strong enough. Feels like you're being asked to pay exactly 1 try for a quartet that are worth just a little bit more than that.

Derby v Leeds: Buy hotshots for 1 point at 28 with SPIN (Vydra, Lawrence, Lasogga and Roofe)

I'd rather have Nugent than Lawrence but still a bet for me at the price. Obviously possible to lose the maximum 28 points but I think there's a decent prospect of at least one goal from these players and am willing to risk that there may be more.

Will update after today but if I can sneak a win with this bet I head into the uncharted waters of 3 consecutive winning bets, albeit none of them particularly emphatic.

Saracens v Leicester: Buy Leicester hotshots for 1 point at 24 with SPIN (Holmes, Tuilagi, Thompstone, Veainu)

As with getting odds against about what you regard as an odds on shot, I think these 4 are worth a bit more than a try rather than a bit less.

A nilling last night but an 8 point profit tonight (Marsh try and 8 points for Inu not taking any part). That bet was to 1 point stake as all will be unless stated otherwise.

901.5 points risked and 674 returned, -227.5 points with an ROI of -25.26%.

13 winners from 43 bets.

A slightly unusual scenario in tomorrow's first game, I'm buying both team's hotshots at relatively high prices (thus risking a big hit to the bottom line in this thread!).

Buy Sunwolves hotshots at 40 with SPIN (Tupou, Lafaele, Yamada, Robinson)
Buy Rebels hotshots at 56 with Spreadex (Hodge, Naivalu, Maddocks, D. Haylett-Petty)

Bottom line is I make both prices wrong by over 12% and I'd rarely pass up that sort of edge. I've looked at the players stats and it doesn't put me off pulling the trigger. Essentially I need this octet of players to muster at least 4 tries between them to show a profit. Let's see how it pans out

29 points profit there with 5 hotshots tries, including a hat trick from Maddocks. I'm counting this as one bet, a buy of match hotshots at 96. If you chose to class it as 2 it would have been one winner and one loser as the Sunwolves foursome made up at 25.

997.5 points risked and 799 returned, -198.5 points with an ROI of -19.9%.

14 winners from 44 bets.

2 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Yeah, time it right and get your money down in time for me hitting a hot streak (hopefully)!

Have you also seen Data's thread focusing on the mini performance market?

Cheers, no I hadn't seen that, I'll check it out.

Warrington v St Helens: Buy Swift try minutes for 1 point at 19 with SPIN

Say that equates to 2.8 anytime when the best available is 2.4 (if you're lucky). Also, SX go six points higher and have him as odds on to score a try in their fixed odds market. On balance, there's a difference of opinion here and I'm happy to speculate that SPIN may be the ones who are wrong. His stats for Saints would support that, even if last season was slightly less productive than previous ones.

Man U v Sevilla: Buy total goals for 10 points at 2.85 with Star Spreads 

I've been drawn into this by the offer of a bonus goal if there are 6 or more goals in the game. I've a reasonable liking for the prospect of 3 or more goals and the prospect of the unlikely bonus has tempted me in. I have a reasonable record when taking advantage of these occasional offers from this firm (i.e. winning more often than not and occasionally hitting the bonus) so hopefully that continues tonight.