Suggestions for when to have the first game of the new poker league?

Sir Puntalot

Re: Suggestions for when to have the first game of the new poker league? Id rather Sunday. I think in general more people will be available sundays thus a bigger and better game. Saturdays a much more likely day for people to be out and about where as what does anyone do much on a sunday night? Just my thoughts

Re: Suggestions for when to have the first game of the new poker league? Theres not any particular time that rules me out, but I think it would probably be a good idea to do like we did last time and have the games on a mixture of midweek, saturdays and sundays. Last time someone (I forget who) made out a timetable and we stuck with it. Probably a good idea if we just did the same this time. I'd be happy to start the league next weekend, doesn't particularly matter which day bigokay.gif

Re: Suggestions for when to have the first game of the new poker league? Yes a timetable is needed...hopefully we can get that sorted this week when the opening game is planned. I suggest a 10 game league, with a game every 2 weeks just like last time..... If we had one every week none of us would ever have a sunday off! Jez

Re: Suggestions for when to have the first game of the new poker league? Ok, 10 game league, 1 game every 2 weeks at 8pm and I suggest this. 1 - Saturday 9th July 2 - Sunday 24th July 3 - Monday 8th August 4 - Tuesday 23rd August 5 - Weds 7th September 6 - Thursday 22nd September 7 - Friday 7th October 8 - Saturday 22nd October 9 - Sunday 6th November 10 - Monday 21st November Looks good to me. :)

Re: Suggestions for when to have the first game of the new poker league?

Ok, 10 game league, 1 game every 2 weeks at 8pm and I suggest this. 1 - Saturday 9th July 2 - Sunday 24th July 3 - Monday 8th August 4 - Tuesday 23rd August 5 - Weds 7th September 6 - Thursday 22nd September 7 - Friday 7th October 8 - Saturday 22nd October 9 - Sunday 6th November 10 - Monday 21st November Looks good to me. :)
:ok Fits in my holiday.. Im out from 31july til 7august.. and in middle september as well...

Re: Suggestions for when to have the first game of the new poker league? I have to say I dont like the cycling of the days...I can never make it on a mon or a wed I thought alternating between sundays and thu was a good compromise last time....we need to make a decision soon tho...what does everyone else think? Jez

Re: Suggestions for when to have the first game of the new poker league? I think cycling the days gives the maximum chance to people - ok you cannot make Mondays and Wednesdays - but what if you couldn't make Thursdays and Sundays? The only possible better way I can see is to get timetables of regular days/dates people cannot make and schedule each event for the maximum number of players - that might be quite a big task though - especially if you start getting into shift rotations for people. If we do go want to go down that route, I'm happy to do the donkey work!!

Re: Suggestions for when to have the first game of the new poker league? I don't have any set days that don't suit, though there may end up being days that don't work out. I quite liked the way we did it last time rotating between saturdays, sundays and thursdays (If i remember rightly thursday was chosen as it generally didn't clash with live football matches:lol ) but basically I'm in favour of whatever will allow the most people to play in the tournaments, so I'll go along with whatever the majority view is.:ok

Re: Suggestions for when to have the first game of the new poker league?

I have to say I dont like the cycling of the days...I can never make it on a mon or a wed I thought alternating between sundays and thu was a good compromise last time....we need to make a decision soon tho...what does everyone else think? Jez
It was just a suggestion Jez, you go with what you did last time, although I don't know what that was because I wasn't involved. ;)

Re: Suggestions for when to have the first game of the new poker league? Ok.... This has been done a thousand times before I know guys but if everyone could put down the day that they would not like the tournaments to be on I will try and schedule it for everyone. I will do the table tomorrow or the day after...so if you could all stick down tonight or tomorrow when you can not play it would be most appreciated. Jez

Re: Suggestions for when to have the first game of the new poker league? Any Day for me. At this rate, Thursdays and Sundays might come good for you......:hope Has ANYONE expressed a problem/can't make Thursdays/Sundays? (Yes......I know that's backtracking a bit on what I said earlier.......but if noone has a problems with Thursdays/Sundays - it's easy......)

Re: Suggestions for when to have the first game of the new poker league? Personally for me Thurs and Sundays are out most weeks as Im flying back to the UK Thurs night or back here to Prague Sunday. If we cycle them a bit then at least I might get chance to play more than 1 this season, but if thats what the majority wants then its OK, I'll try and make it when I can.

Re: Suggestions for when to have the first game of the new poker league? The reality of the situation is that not everyone will agree on a set of dates and we will have to make do and mend. I do think saturday nights would be a problem for a few, as it is main going out on the lash night. I will fit in where i can. Gl Jez:rollin

Re: Suggestions for when to have the first game of the new poker league? Didn't take part in last league so my opinion shouldn't carry the weight of those who played last 'season' (and rightly so), but my main problem is work and kids, any day is fine, but pre 8pm starts would make it very difficult for me. :ok