Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sir Puntalot

Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko > 29 Apr

5 posts in this topic

I'm sure these 2 were 10/11 the pair when first matched up, but Joshua now as low as 2/5! :loon 

Klitschko is in a world of trouble here for me. Sure he has this great defence and loves hugging his opponents, but his chin is awful and always has been. Joshua will land him at some point, and he turns into a little lost lamb every time someone lands one on him.

It just so happens, there's been nobody in the heavyweights for years, but I believe Joshua can take this weight division apart for years to come. He has everything, including a lack of arrogance but a ruthless streak and that makes him lethal. 

Tempted to go for the KO option here as I just can't see Klitschko standing up if he nails him.

Anybody on it? I think Joshua will take his belt back home again, although Klitschko is full of motivation and well prepared, its not his moment right now. 

Yeah, I have to agree. I think Joshua has eased into professional boxing very effectively. He was criticised for taking too many easy fights but it's proving to be the correct decision now. Will Joshua knock Klitschko out? I'm struggling to see it but stranger things have happened. I think a convincing win on points should do it. It's a shame because I would loved to have seen these two fighting with Klitschko about 7-8 years younger. What a fight that would have been. Like when Calzaghe beat Bernard Hopkins. This match has the same feel to that fight.