** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Lincoln Handicap - Doncaster

Flat season kicks off at Doncaster this weekend and the first big betting handicap is the Lincoln.

Ran over the straight mile and as usual the Draw will be a big talking point whether it actually matters or not.

Most will just say the pace is more important than the draw? Any thoughts.

Previous Winners

58da1421d08d3_ScreenShot2017-03-28at08.4

:ok

Lincoln Trends

Last 10 years

10/10 Winners have been aged between 4 and 6
9/10 Winners won at Class 3 or higher
9/10 Winners had won between 3 and 6 times
8/10 Favourites have been beaten
8/10 Winners had won over at least 1 mile
7/10 Winners started at double figure odds
7/10 Winners drawn 8 or higher (at Doncaster)
6/10 Winners carried 9st or more (including last 3)
6/10 Winners rated 97 or more (last 3 over 100)
6/10 Winners not been out on AW
5/10 Winners had won 1 of last 2 races on turf

I love the Lincoln .....anything can win smothered loads of value on offer ....same this year so may as well go for gold and try for the big win .....the two that caught my eye are instant attraction who's 3 length beating in the royal hunt cup is very good good form and the the ground was probably a bit too soft that day he would be better on good soft so if he gets that ground Saturday then the current 33/1 will look a joke.....the other that catches the eye is dolphin Vista who looked a progressive type last year ..has ample staying power and represents fahey who will be aiming one at this race and p hanagan taking the ride looks very interesting too ....33/1 is way overpriced 

Dolphin Vista 10pts win 33/1 bet365

Instant attraction 10pts 33/1 bet365

Edited by richard-westwood

Picking the Lincoln winner by the trends:

22 Runners to start with:

Last 10 winners ages between 4 & 6:

This gets rid of 7 runners
Gabrial, Top Notch Tonto, Dream Walker, Emell, Heavens Guest, Gorge Cinq, Highland Colori

15 Left

9/10 Winners had won between 3 and 6 times and at least one in Class 3 or higher

We lose three more
Battle Of Marathon, Bravery, Lucy The Painter

12 Left

8/10 Winners won over a mile

We lose 4 more
Zhui Feng, Steel Train, Eddystone Rock, Withernsea

8 Left

All 8 left rated higher than 97 and carry more than 9st

7/10 Winners drawn 8 or over.

We lose 2 more
Third Time Lucky (1), Oh This Is Us (2)

6 Left
You're Fired, Yuften, Donncha, Instant Attraction, Master Carpenter and Dolphin Vista.

6/10 Winners not had prep race on AW

We lose 2 more
Yuften, You're Fired

4 Left

8/10 Winners had won a race worth at least £11,000

We lose 2 more
Donncha, Instant Attraction

Only 2 Left so will back both EW

Master Carpenter 33/1 Bet365

Dolphin Vista 16/1 BetVictor

:ok

Just a different angle for anyone who's interested ...I rated The average win prize money each horse has won in last twelve months and compared it to the average overall to give a class rating for each horse 

Yuften  6.29

Your fired  2.20

Dream walker  1.75

Gabriel  1.65

Oh this is us 1.57 

Well you can see why yuften is now fav for this race on paper hes way above these on class ratings ....doesnt mean hes gonna win but food for thought nonetheless ...will be interesting to see how he performs as a result 

Your 33/1 on Dolphin Vista looks fantastic @richard-westwood. I quite fancy him myself at the current prices with 14/1 available on Betfred and a generous 5 places.

Dolphin Vista is still relatively lightly raced and has been gelded over the winter so is very much open to improvement. Fahey reports him working really well and the fact he's the choice of Paul Hanagan backs this up. Fahey boasts a fine record in the months of March and April with an A/E winners of 1.25 and a healthy strike rate of 17% so I wouldn't be worried about backing his first time up this season.

1 hour ago, arsenalfh said:

Your 33/1 on Dolphin Vista looks fantastic @richard-westwood. I quite fancy him myself at the current prices with 14/1 available on Betfred and a generous 5 places.

Dolphin Vista is still relatively lightly raced and has been gelded over the winter so is very much open to improvement. Fahey reports him working really well and the fact he's the choice of Paul Hanagan backs this up. Fahey boasts a fine record in the months of March and April with an A/E winners of 1.25 and a healthy strike rate of 17% so I wouldn't be worried about backing his first time up this season.

Its the lincoln and anything happens ...i think yuften will run a big race but im happy and just hope they run a big race now ..i agree i think fahey is targeting this with hanagan on board and the fact hes been consistently well backed all week is givin me hope ...cmon you beautys !!! I just love these big races ...nice to get stuck in 

Edited by richard-westwood

Would not be a big surprise if Fahey & Hanagan won the Spring Mile and Lincoln!

Bu i  will go for a roughie e/w its the Hannon second string EMELL 33/1 1/5 6 places ran well in this last year lighter weight this time around will come on for recent run on flat interestng Jock booked Timmy Murphy he is no Graham Lee on the flat but he is very capable Jock imo. Emell looks overpriced to me and looks to have a really good place chance and who knows with a bit a luck ...

Gone out on a bit of a whim and backed Lucy The Painter in Lincoln 40/1. Goes well fresh has finished 1st and 2nd off anything above a 5 month break and hasn't run since October. Won 3 on the bounce last year and was then running in listed and Group races and now drops to a Class 2. Was only beaten by 3 lengths by Persuasive in a Group race at Sandown and Persuasive then 2nd to Alice Springs in Group 1 at Irish Champs Weekend. 

The two Fahey runners are the two most intriguing ones in my eyes: Third Time Lucky looks sure to relish this test. He performed well in these type of big-field handicaps in the past and won't mind whatever juice is left in the ground. He's also race fit and in form, as recent results proved - though the penalty he carries is annoying, the 7lb claimer on board looks quite useful. I like his calm riding style which should be of benefit here in this race where the ability to travel strongly is key imo.

The younger and less exposed Dolphin Vista has Hanagan in the saddle and runs of near bottom weight. There might still be bit improvement in this son of Zoffany and I'm sure he's ready to run a big race after the seasonal break. He stays further and has a career highest mark to overcome but this is only his ninth handicap start, now as a four year old, if he can return to the form of his penultimate run when a winner over 10f at Beverly, he's a big chance imo, most likely receiving a positive ride where he can make his stamina count. 

5pts win - Third Time Lucky @ 16/1 Unibet
5pts win - Dolphin Vista @ 14/1 Bet365