** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Weekend > Feb 24th - 26th

my form of late you would make a fortune out of laying my picks :D

A red card last week screwed up a good Forfar perfomance.

Here are my two tickets for today.

Falkirk, Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Hibernian, Newcastle and Mansfield  £10 pays £150

West Brom, Preston, Fleetwood, Coventry, and Exeter £10 pays £386.

The above line makes sense to me, Falkirk played well last week and should have enough to put Dumbarton away. Aberdeen and St Js will be boyed by Rangers loss last night and should give them that extra push today, Hibs well are a class above that division, Newcastle promo push and i like Mansfield in this spot.

The second line is more speculative with 4 of the teams having solid recent home form and are decent sides, Coventry i think are going to start getting results and i fancy them to win this 6 pointer at the bottom of  league 1.   Tail at your own Risk haha  I am due one now tho with the luck I've had last few weeks

my bets today are:
Aston Villa to beat Derby at 2.5 - I watched the game against Newcastle and Villa was not that bad, could have got a point out of that game with a bit of luck. Derby is struggling aswell lately so I think this is a good opportunity for Villa to turn tings around.

Preston to beat QPR at 2.15 - QPR has a few injuries in defence, Preston has won 3 out of the 4 latest home league games.

Wigan - Nottingham Under 2,5 goal 1,6 - Pitch is in bad condition so it should be a very likely outcome. A draw might be a good bet aswell

Newcastle and Brentford should win easily at home. But im not gonna risk it for these low odds. This league is to unpredictable for that

Luton v Plymouth BTTS 1.7

The home side coming in on some good form (w2 d2) picking up a respectable draw last time out v Doncaster. The visitors have had two poor results on the bounce at lowly Orient and Hartlepool but surely it's nothing more than a blip given their season so far. Both sides have scored in their last 5 outings and for the current season 75% of Luton Towns home matches have gone BTTS

Given the importance of the game and the fact Plymouth will be desperate to get back on track I can see goals.

Barnet v Cambridge Barnet DnB 1.73

Barnet are unbeaten in two having seen off in-form Morecambe and then gained a respectable point at (h) to Portsmouth. Cambridge have been plummeting since the winter and the defeat of Newport last time out was only their 2nd win in 2017. The other came v Notts County, another poor team.  They've also only kept a clean sheet in 19% of their matches, one of the lowest in the division. Barnet are no world beaters but I can see them avoiding defeat here.

19 hours ago, DW_United said:

my bets today are:
Aston Villa to beat Derby at 2.5 - I watched the game against Newcastle and Villa was not that bad, could have got a point out of that game with a bit of luck. Derby is struggling aswell lately so I think this is a good opportunity for Villa to turn tings around.

Preston to beat QPR at 2.15 - QPR has a few injuries in defence, Preston has won 3 out of the 4 latest home league games.

Wigan - Nottingham Under 2,5 goal 1,6 - Pitch is in bad condition so it should be a very likely outcome. A draw might be a good bet aswell

Newcastle and Brentford should win easily at home. But im not gonna risk it for these low odds. This league is to unpredictable for that

Treble of the week for me there, mate! To back Villa on such poor form, push for the Preston win against a QPR side that have started to play well again, and to back so few goals in a game between teams that do have the potential to score a few... you've nailed it big time this week and your reasoning shows you didn't fluke it. Great work, DW!

The EFL Cup Final this afternoon. Anybody betting against Manchester United? I'm tempted to go for total goals scored under 2.5. I can see a classic 1-0 or 2-0 win for United here.

5 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Treble of the week for me there, mate! To back Villa on such poor form, push for the Preston win against a QPR side that have started to play well again, and to back so few goals in a game between teams that do have the potential to score a few... you've nailed it big time this week and your reasoning shows you didn't fluke it. Great work, DW!

The EFL Cup Final this afternoon. Anybody betting against Manchester United? I'm tempted to go for total goals scored under 2.5. I can see a classic 1-0 or 2-0 win for United here.

Thanks!

It was a really good day. Im specially happy that I resisted betting on Newacstle and Brentford (even if Brentford managed to win the game in the last minutes). 
Due to being an United fan, I will not place any serious bets on that game.
I might try something on the goalscorer market (just for fun) when I see the lineups.

Overall, the atmosphere has not been this positive in United since Alex Ferguson left. So I have a good feeling about this, but they have disappointed me before in situations like this. 
One thing is for sure, United will treat the final very serioulsy even if its just the league cup.
And so will Southampton of course, but they have had som trouble in defence. And without Van Djik Im sure United will have lots of goal scoring situations. Im just hoping they can utilize them today

Edit: Lineups are in. I think Mata and Martial will have a good chance to score. A small bet for fun with odds around 5-6 is worth it. 

Edited by DW_United

Well I wasn't too far out.

i selected Brighton total corners U5.5, they had 6, and U5 first half corners, there were 6 altogether!

i ended up backing Reading on the +1 corner handicap. The corner count was 6-5, so I was willing them to break forward late on to try and get a cross in! But incredibly, on the 89th minute, at 3-0 down, they are still rolling it out from the back!

we had a similar style of play when Gus Poyet was in charge of Brighton. This philosophy that "if we have the ball, then the opposition can't score".Reading has 65% possession. Jose Mourinho once said, it's not how much of the ball you have, it's what you do with it when you have it that matters.

Watching BRIGHTON under Gus, I said that a team will never get promoted from the Champinship playing Tikka- Takka. This league is based on pace & power, that's why Huddersfield are doing so well, as that is the German way too.

i don't know if anyone agrees, but that's my opinion for what it is worth!