Sunday 29th May 2016

Uttoxeter 4.20 Germany Calling @ 16/1 William Hill e/w thanks

Germany Calling......from Charlie Longsdon yard the 7yo has ran round here 3 times and has still to be out of the frame with two of his 4 wins have came here with the other run a 2nd place ,

He drops back out off Grade 3 Group 3 to class 2 race after disappointing in last race in Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Chase Challenge Cup at Cheltenham over 2m (good) in March. , He's had 72 days to get his jumping right as he had a few mistakes at Cheltenham ,

He has Sean Bowen in saddle and down 3lbs after that Cheltenham race

Uttox 2.40 - Theinval - win at 11/10 bog wm hill

Beginners Chase

My horse was quite a bit better than a couple of these over hurdles and has already had a few runs over fences. Ran OK in a hotter race last time out though he was beaten 15 lengths

Main danger is probably Jimmy The Jetplane who comes back off a long absence but was a progressive hurdler in 2015. Apart from the fitness doubt after 404 days off he does seem better on RH tracks and this might be a bit sharp for him now

2.35 Naas - The Happy Prince @ 10/1 Paddy Power

The Happy Prince has the best form and I think he can get back to his best upped two furlongs on decent ground which is sure to suit. I think Awtaad and Blue De Vega stepped up massively from their previous runs to the Irish 2000 Guineas so Embiran looks short and overrated in this market while Anamba will most likely need the run. There are some other unexposed types but at the prices I like The Happy Prince to take on the favourites who are too short with the best jockey on board.