Monthly Naps Competition, Friday 20th May 2016

3.30 Good - Algometer - win at 13/8 bog wm hill

Listed race - usually won by a horse on it's way to winning group races

It's only a small field but I reckon the bookies possibly have the two favourites the wrong way round

The current favourite, Prize Money, won a maiden last back-end and came 2nd in a handicap off 95 FTO this season. The horses in 3rd and 4th have since been beaten off their same marks which suggests the handicapper has them about right and my horse might be a 95er even tho' he's now been raised to 101. Should improve with racing as he's only had the two runs

My horse, current 2nd favourite, had had 3 runs. he won a back-end maiden as well but finished 2nd in a group 3 on his reappearance (winner was Midterm). My horse hasn.t run in handicaps but is rated 109

2.00 Carlilse

RAZIN HELL @ 8/1 Ladbrokes

Won easily off 78 on the AW last time out, has a much lower mark on turf.  Only turf win came on this kind of ground.  Likes to be up there with the pace so 2 box looks ideal especially with the two ahead of him in the market drawn much wider.

Haydock 8.00 : Frederic Chopin @ 13/2 bet365 win thanks

Frederic Chopin...from James Moffatt yard who's saddling two in the race the 5yo has not ran for 218 days which he won at Carlisle 2m1f in a Novices' Hurdle race in only his 2nd time over hurdles other being a 3rd place,

He has won three times from 1m 6f to 2m on good to firm and good ground and on the all-weather; has also won a hurdle, He comes to this track for first time and Jack Garritty gets the ride for first time on horse