Monthly Naps Competition, Sunday 10th April 2016

Leopardstown 4.55 - Tribal Path @ 9/1 Bet365

Tribal Path won well last time at Cork and that race couldn't be working out better so he could be tough to stop on a 6lb higher mark in similar conditions. He's been running well off similar marks on the all weather during the winter so he might need a few more pounds to stop his progress on turf and is possibly still improving off the back of a personal best effort.

430 MR: Quieto Sol 4/1 BetVic

Backing favourites in these races is a risky proposition but I think on this occasion Quieto Sol looks to be a bit of value at around the 7/2 mark. The Charlie Longsdon runner didn’t really show that much in his three novice hurdles and duly got a lenient mark for his handicap debut. He went to Exeter and won by two lengths off a mark of just 108 and looked good value for that victory, now he may have improved due to the better ground but is suspect he wanted a stiffer test of stamina. The handicapper has raised him 6lbs and moves up another couple of furlongs and I think that keeps him just ahead of the game.

MR 3.20 - Coozan George - win at 2/1 bog wm hill

handicap chase

my selection is fairly lightly raced having had only 2 starts over fences, finished 3rd both times with a bit of sloppy jumping

last time out was over this Cd and looked a better race than today. hopefully his jumping will be improving with experience in which case his handicap mark looks inviting.

the current favourite, Midnight Chorister, won last time out but seems better on left hand tracks and on better ground

Discay looks a flat bred type and might not be a natural jumper and Sir Pitt might be OK but has PU and fallen in his two chase starts and is another who might be better kept to hurdles

4.25 Leopardstown: Chapter Seven @ 14/1 StanJames

Hasn't won in handicap company for a long time but has come down to a decent mark, given he likes this type of ground and trip. Not easy as a top weight but this is an easier race than most of the others he took part in in the last year or so. I can see him outrun this big price tag. 

4:15 Ffos Las : Bishop Wulstan @ 12/1 bet365 e/w thanks

Bishop Wulstan....from Bowen yard the 5yo been successful in two hurdle races at 2m on good and soft ground, He ran here 21 days ago over this distance and was beaten 12 lengths by Driftwood Haze, I would have thought he will come on for that run