** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Champions League > April 5/6

Barcelona vs. Atletico Madrid 

Another tough duel is about to take place between two of La Liga’s noteworthy contenders, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid.

Barca wants revenge for their derailed title bid in 2014 whilst Atletico wants a replication of such success. With these, it is only fitting to expect a down the wire match with the possibility of having a stalemate during the final whistle. 

Barcelona’s rivalry with Atletico Madrid is not limited to the Champions League. As a matter of fact, it can be traced to La Liga where these squads are aggressively closing on each other. The two are actually vying for the title. But it is the Catalan giant that has the advantage. Now whether this advantage will translate to the Champions League is yet to be determined.

Evidently, Atletico Madrid shall try to replicate their 2014 success against Barca. The team is aware of the their opponent’s defensive shortcomings and they will surely exploit it with their aggressive kind of play.

1-1

Bayern Munich vs. Benfica

Bayern’s strength at home is no secret and they will use it to enter the semifinal.

Bayern plays at the strongest at Allianz Arena and there is no reason for them to back down on this one.

This is the second time that the team will face a Portuguese opponent. Last season, they went against Porto, which dominated them in the first leg. But the Bavarians quickly recovered during the second leg and created a major upset.

It has been a while since Benfica reached the quarterfinals and there is no doubt that they are excited to be back. This is the first time that they enter this stage since 2012 and they will surely put up a challenge in here. Their journey was bathe in blood and tears, thus, one can expect them to show some grit.

3-0

Paris Saint Germain is out on a mission to dominate the match against the green horn Manchester City. But they cannot be too complacent since the visitor is eager to make a drastic change in their Champions League performance.

This is the fourth time that Paris Saint Germain (PSG) will be participating in the Champions League’s quarterfinals. They have been stuck in this stage and of course and they are definitely, in need of a major change.

City will be participating in the quarterfinals for the first time. Through the years, the club has been a victim of near misses and seeing them reach this stage adds more excitement in the said match.

2-0 

Wolfsburg vs. Real Madrid 

A neophyte Wolfsburg is ready to put up a challenge against the veteran Real Madrid in the quarterfinals. This is despite the possibility that they could be easily thrashed by the visitor.

This is the first time that Wolfsburg reached the quarterfinals of the Champions League since they debuted during the 2009/10 season where they had to endure an early exit.

Real Madrid is no stranger in the quarterfinals. They are a familiar face in this competition and the experience that they have over Wolfsburg, increases their possibility of securing the upper hand in this match. The fact that the Spanish opposition was able to dominate mostly of its encounters against Germany is already a statement of their unstoppable win.

0-4

PSG vs Manchester City: Will Pellegrini's men keep Champions League hopes alive?

The Champions League Quarter Finals kick off this week and the tie of the round comes at the Parc des Princes on Wednesday night when PSG take on Manchester City in a 7:45pm kick off. The Ligue 1 side disposed of Chelsea in the previous round and will be happy to add another English side to their list of victims. However, City will be looking to continue their record-breaking run in the competition and send Manuel Pellegrini off into the sunset with the Champions League trophy in tow.

Selections

>BTTS “Yes” @ 1.9 with Stan James

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.85 with BetVictor

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Anytime Scorer @ 1.91 with bet365

Full Article: http://punts.pl/YzE4NDk2

Bayern München v SL Benfica

Bayern München: Robben (15/4 m), Benatia (9/1 d), Boateng (17/0 d), Badstuber (7/0 d)

SL Benfica: Júlio César (24/0 first goalkeeper), Luisão (9/0 d)

FC Barcelona v Atlético Madrid

FC Barcelona: Mathieu (19/0 d), Adriano (7/0 d), Vidal (9/0 m), Sandro (10/0 f)

Atlético Madrid: Giménez (24/1 d), Óliver Torres (19/0 m), Tiago (13/1 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

4pts BTTS - Yes @ 5/4 Stanjames
0.5pts HT/FT - Athletico / Draw 22/1 BetVictor
0.5pts HT/FT - Athletico / Barcelona 30/1 888sport

I personally fancy a draw tonight, most probably 1-1. This season in both of the matches in the league between these two it's ended 2-1 Barcelona. Interestingly, in both matches Athletico have taken the lead so it wouldn't surprise me to see Athletico go in for half-time 1-0 up. Barcelona though, obviously have superior attacking threat and Id also be very suprised to see them not score. Prediction 1-1/2-1 so I'll be taking the above three.

15 hours ago, Fader said:

4pts BTTS - Yes @ 5/4 Stanjames
0.5pts HT/FT - Athletico / Draw 22/1 BetVictor
0.5pts HT/FT - Athletico / Barcelona 30/1 888sport

I personally fancy a draw tonight, most probably 1-1. This season in both of the matches in the league between these two it's ended 2-1 Barcelona. Interestingly, in both matches Athletico have taken the lead so it wouldn't surprise me to see Athletico go in for half-time 1-0 up. Barcelona though, obviously have superior attacking threat and Id also be very suprised to see them not score. Prediction 1-1/2-1 so I'll be taking the above three.

Pretty sick 30/1 tip...nice.

Hey guys, some advice required!

I stuck £20 on a treble late last night (this morning :loon I mean) on Fernando Verdasco at 5/2 to win in straight sets (who was already down a break), some other random S.American football match to win at just over evens and also a correct score group betting on PSG to win 3-0, 3-1 or 3-2 at 11/2. I woke up this mornign to find that the first two came in! but I'm much less confident about the PSG leg winning. It's an almost £800 return. So how would you chaps cover or even strengthen this position?  

2 hours ago, hugothefourth said:

Hey guys, some advice required!

I stuck £20 on a treble late last night (this morning :loon I mean) on Fernando Verdasco at 5/2 to win in straight sets (who was already down a break), some other random S.American football match to win at just over evens and also a correct score group betting on PSG to win 3-0, 3-1 or 3-2 at 11/2. I woke up this mornign to find that the first two came in! but I'm much less confident about the PSG leg winning. It's an almost £800 return. So how would you chaps cover or even strengthen this position?  

Just put say £200 on x2 @ 2.38 and put a £10-25 on almost every win you didn't cover and it's :beertime!

Edited by markus808

I fancy PSG to win 2-0 / 2-1 tonight. Zlatan is on fire and scored a hat-trick at the weekend. Chelsea when they played PSG away lost 2-1 after a Zlatan goal and I'm taking a similar scenario here. 

4pts PSG -1 to beat Man City 7/4 Skybet
1pt Z.Ibrahimovic to score first and PSG 2-0 20/1
1pt Z.Ibrahimiovic to score first and PSG 2-1 20/1